OfficWire-K Manual 3:1 Wire Binding Starter Kit with Supplies and Covers
Description of OfficWire-K Manual 3:1 Wire Binding Starter Kit with Supplies and Covers
- Akiles 3:1 OffiWire Manual Wire Binding Machine
- Spiral Coil Spines (Choose Size Above)
- Clear Front Covers (Choose Thickness Above)
- Back Covers (Choose Color Above)
- Punches up to 10 sheets of 20lbs. bond paper.
- Harden Steel Dies Provide a clean and precise punch every time, even when punching delicate or hard to punch materials, such as PVC, Poly Covers, Polyester, etc.
- "U" Shape Handle: Maximizes punching-strength, for an effortless perforation.
- Strong: Metal chassis and high quality components guarantee durability and reliability.
- Bilateral Closer: Systematically and independently adjusts at either end, providing a precise and even wire closure.
- Side Margin Guide: To evenly center the document.
- Wire Selector: Precisely determines the appropriate wire diameter to use.
- ISO 9002 Quality
- 1 Year Warranty
- Model: OffiWire-31
- Pitch: 3:1
- Hole Punch: Square (4x4 mm)
- Closing Capacity: From 3/16" up to 9/16"
- Punching Capacity: Up to 10 sheets of 20lbs bond paper
- Closing System: Vertical
- Format: Letter or A4 (European)
- Wire Selector: Included
- Weight: 23 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Coil Binding Spines Details:
- Color: Black
- Pitch: 3:1 (32 loops)
- Sizes: 1/4" , 3/8" or 1/2"
- Approximate Capacities: 20-30 Sheets (1/4"), 50-60 Sheets (3/8"), 80-100 Sheets (1/2")
- Length: 11" (19 Rings)
- Quantity: 50pk or 100pk
Clear Front Covers Details:
- Cover Type: Crystal Clear/Clear View
- Size: Letter Size
- Cover Thickness 5mil, 7mil, or 10mil
- Quantity: 100pk
Back Covers Details:
- Cover Type: Regency/Composition
- Size: Letter Size
- Colors: Black, White or Navy Blue
- Cover Thickness: 16pt
- Corners: Square
- Quantity: 100pk
Akiles OffiWire Manual Double Loop Wire Binding Machine Product Review
- The Akiles Offiwire is a small binding machine that is designed for binding documents using wire-o, double loop or twin loop wire binding spines.
- This machine is available in either a 2:1 pitch or a 3:1 pitch version depending on the size of the documents that you need to bind.
- With a great set of features, the Akiles Offiwire is ideal for small offices and home offices that need to bind a few documents per day with wire.
Strengths / Features:
- The Offiwire is available in two different versions.
- The 3:1 pitch version produces a hole pattern with three holes per inch. It is ideal for binding documents between 3/16″ and 9/16″ with wire binding. This version can also be used with special 3:1 pitch spiral coil and with GBC Proclick binding spines.
- The 2:1 pitch version produces a hole pattern with two holes per inch. This hole pattern is specifically designed for binding documents that are between 5/8″ and 1-1/4″ thick. However, special small sized 2:1 pitch wire is available for organizations that occasionally need to bind small sized documents.
- This machine has a heavy duty all metal wire closer. Many low end wire binding machines do not have a high quality wire closer. Over time, these machines will begin to close the wire crooked causing problems with your bound documents. The wire closer on the Offiwire will not have this problem. It uses two heavy duty metal bolts that allow you to adjust the closer precisely. These metal bolts will also prevent slipping.
- When Akiles designed this machine, they included a convenient ergonomically designed U-shaped handle. This handle is ideal for both left and right handed individuals and is used to operate both the wire closer and the punching mechanism.
- The Offiwire even offers a wire holder on the front of the machine to help hold your spines in place when you are hanging the pages on the document. You simply press on the back portion of the holder insert your wire and let the clamp hold the spine in place while you insert your pages onto the loops of the spine.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Although the Offiwire offers a number of great features, it is still a machine that is designed for small office use. It is only capable of punching up to ten sheets of twenty pound paper at a time. This is a fairly small capacity, especially for organizations that might need to bind larger documents or several documents at a time. Other heavier duty wire binding machines have larger punching capacities and are a better fit if you do more than a few documents per week.
- Although the overall construction of this machine is good, the shell of this machine is still made of plastic. Stepping up to the Akiles Wiremac will get you an all metal machine that will be more durable and will last longer.
- The Offiwire is designed specifically for punching letter sized documents. It does not have disengageable punching pins or a depth of punch margin control. This means that it can not be used to punch half letter sized documents, landscape format paper, A4 documents or any other sheet sizes.
- The Akiles Offiwire is one of the best small personal wire binding machines available on the market.
- It is ideal for small offices and home offices that need to bind a few letter sized documents per week.
- However, larger volume users or organizations that need to bind documents that are longer or shorter than eleven inches will want to look at a heavier duty wire binding machine with disengageable dies and a larger punching capacity.