- Heavy-duty 3/4" thick wood base
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 30 sheets of 20lb paper
- Accurately cuts paper, mat board, cardboard, film, tissue and textiles
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Hand operated clamp holds items securely for accurate cutting
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty (includes blades)
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Table Dimensions: 12.5"x15"
- Dimensions: 14" x 24 1/8" x 4
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- UPC Code: 11991071504
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's take a look at the Premier StakCut 715, a Martin Yale 15-inch heavy duty paper trimmer. The StakCut 715 has a 3/4-inch thick wood base. It's a solid guillotine cutter that will last you for years. Here it is in action. The finger guard is released just by the lift of a finger. And a very handy fence, or clamp, is used manually to clamp down your papers and hold them in place while you cut. A 15-inch blade allows for long, legal size documents to be cut easily. And here you can see the 715 chopping through 30 sheets of 20lb paper with ease. That's it. It all stows away nice and neat. That's the Premier StakCut 715 15-inch heavy duty paper trimmer by Martin Yale. For more demos, reviews, and how to's of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Grading the Premier StakCut 715 15” Paper Trimmer
Do you need a paper cutter that's well-constructed, safe to use, and can also cut a lot of sheets at once? If so, what you need is the Premier StakCut 715 from Martin Yale. Here's what you need to know about it including what kind of grade it gets.
- The 715 has a very good cutting length. It can trim documents that are up to 15 inches long. This will enable you to cut both large and small items, including those printed on legal-sized paper that measures 8.5” x 14”. (If you need a device with a longer cutting length, the Premier StakCut 724 would be a good choice because it can trim documents that are up to 25 inches long.)
- In addition to its great cutting length, the 715 can cut a large number of sheets at once. It's capable of trimming up to 30 sheets of 20 lb. bond paper in one go.
- This device's blade is extremely durable and sharp. It's made from self-sharpening stainless steel and is capable of slicing through a number of different materials including paper, cardboard, textiles, and even some plastics.
- The 715 has a very durable base that's made out of solid wood. The base is 3/4” thick and has an alignment grid imprinted on it. The grid has both metric and standard measurements so you'll be able to use it no matter which measuring system you know. The squares of the grid are 0.5” wide.
- To ensure that all of your documents are properly trimmed, this device has two features that keep both the cutter and your paper in one place. First, there are non-skid rubber feet on the bottom of the device so it will stay put. And then there's a clamp that will keep your documents stacked neatly.
- The 715 has a handle that was designed to be ergonomically friendly. It has a soft coating so that cutting will be a comfortable experience.
- This cutter comes with a number of safety features so you'll be able to use the device and not get injured. For one, there's a finger guard that's as long as the blade to keep your hands safe. The blade has a torsion spring that makes it stay in place when it's raised so it won't suddenly swing down. And there's also a latch that locks every time the blade is lowered. All together, this is one of the safer paper cutters you can use.
- The 715 is a pretty large cutter so you can expect it to take up a lot of room in your workspace. It measures 14.38" (width) x 23.88" (depth) x 5.13" (height). Moving it around will be a bit awkward because of its size but it won't be too difficult since it only weighs 16 pounds.
- Finally, this trimmer has a limited lifetime warranty that even covers the blade.
Overall grade: A-. The Premier StakCut 715 is a high-quality paper cutter that would be great for offices, copy shops, art studios, and schools. Its cutting length and capacity are terrific, and it's extremely safe to use. So if you need a paper cutter, be sure to check this one out.