Proton PDS-75 Manual Hard Drive Crusher
The PDS-75 is an NSA listed crusher that is designed to destroy hard drives in 8 seconds or less (dependent on operator). The manual PDS-75 is not only manually driven, but it is also simple to use. Just insert the hard drive into the safety slot. Then use the handle to crush the hard drive. During this process the hard drive is bent approximately 90 degrees, which breaks the platters and damages the heads, motor and circuit board. After the process has finished, the hard drive will be ejected into the front debris drawer. The PDS series exudes versatility with low maintenance and easy operation.
NOTE: To comply with recognized standards, including NSA/DoD regulations, a degausser must be used prior to destroying hard drives. In a typical national security operation, a destroyer is used in conjunction with a NSA approved degausser. Using a degausser is the only way to guarantee all data on hard drives and other magnetic media is completely unrecoverable. This is because it is possible to recover data from a mere piece of a hard drive that has not been degaussed. See Proton’s full line of degaussers to save on a degausser and destroyer bundle.
- Compact and rugged design is portable and easily deployable.
- Less than 8 second cycle time provides fast, safe and reliable hard drive destruction.
- Specifically designed for emergency situations where power may not be available and quick destruction is required.
- Provides a “green” energy saving solution for hard drive destruction.
- Hard drives are bent approximately 90 degrees which bends/ breaks the platters and damages the heads, motor and circuit board.
- Maintenance free and completely self-contained. There are no messy fluids or external components to deal with and no adjustments or calibration necessary.
- Weight: 45 lbs (20 kg)
- Dimensions: 9.25" (23.5 cm) D x 7.25" (18.4 cm) W x 16.5" (41.9 cm) H
- Media Destroyed:
Handles all 3.5-inch Form Factor Drives including .65-inch, 1-inch and 1.65-inch high drives.
Handles 2.5-inch Laptop hard drives with Laptop Holder option.
Handles SSD (Not NSA evaluated for SSD) drives in 3.5 Form Factor and 2.5 Form Factor with the Laptop Holder option
- Cycle Time: 8 Seconds or Less (dependent on operator)
- Options: Laptop; Rear Output Option; Rackmountable Slide-out Shelf Option (for 19" EIA racks, 10" to 28" deep) (Includes Slides); Universal Screw Mounting Kit; Deployment Case with wheels
- Destruction Method: Bends/breaks platter, damages heads, motor and circuit board
- Maintenance: Occasional vacuuming of debris drawer and internal housing
- Manual Operator Exertion:
Typical Commercial Drives (3.5”) – Typically 4 lbs. exertion
Hardened (Heavy Shielded) (3.5”) – Typically 12 lbs. exertion
- Warranty: 1 year with extended warranty available. Lifetime warranty on bender
There are No Reviews on this Product Yet
Questions & Answers