- Features Satellite System - a removable binding platform which allows simultaneous punching and binding of documents.
- 25 sheet punch capacity, 500 sheet binding capacity with a maximum comb size of 50mm.
- Full width handle reduces punching effort.
- Punch selection for A4 & A5 sized documents.
- Back margin adjustment selector for thicker documents.
- Front access full size storage tray with patented comb & document measure for quick selection of the correct size supplies.
- Includes starter kit for binding 20 documents.
- Item Number: 5622001
- Model Number: GALAXY COMB
- Colour: Grey
- Material Type: Plastic
- Qty Per Pack: 1
- Item H x W x D (cm): 53.00 x 45.00 x 16.50
- Application: Large Office
- Ready Light/Binding Light: N/A
- Vertical Punching: Yes
- Binding Element Selector: Yes
- Manual or Electric Punching: Manual
- Punching Capacity: Capacity of 25 Sheets
- Binding Capacity: 300
- Beep at the End of Binding Cycle: N/A
- Auto Shutoff: N/A
- Warranty: 2 Yr
Fellowes Galaxy 500 Plastic Comb Binding Machine Demo Video
On the top of the machine are three buttons. You select and they disengage punching dies; allows you to punch standard, cover, or A4 sized documents. Once that's selected, you can begin. Lift the lever, lift the hood, and you're ready to go. Let's begin by punching the covers. Slide them into the back of the machine into the throat. There's a... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a demonstration video of the Galaxy 500, a plastic comb binding machine by Fellowes. The Galaxy 500 is an all-in-one punch and binding machine for plastic comb binding. Let's just watch how simple it is to make a book.
On the top of the machine are three buttons. You select and they disengage punching dies; allows you to punch standard, cover, or A4 sized documents. Once that's selected, you can begin. Lift the lever, lift the hood, and you're ready to go. Let's begin by punching the covers. Slide them into the back of the machine into the throat. There's a margin control knob on the left hand side that you can use to adjust to make sure that all punches are made consistently throughout your project. Punch down. Once you're sure the punches you're making are in the right spot, continue on through the rest of the papers in your project. You'll want to punch your project through in batches of 20, no more than 25 sheets of 20lb paper at a time. When that's all done, assemble your project. It's time to bind.
On the front of the machine, there's a small tray that can carry a number of plastic combs. There's also a very handy measuring to by which you can place your finished project into to find which size comb is best for your project. Once that's selected, close the tray; let's begin. Place the plastic comb over the metal teeth in the back. Always keep the plastic teeth faced up and the project faced down; that way the project does not fall apart in use. Open the comb with a lever on the left hand side, just enough to thread your project over the teeth of the comb completely. Adjust as you need. When everything is through, close the comb and you're through.
It's as simple as that. On the left hand side there's a small chip tray that will contain all the waste from your punches.The Galaxy 500 will also allow you to remove the comb opener and closing unit, allowing two people to work simultaneously, one to punch and one to bind. This increases productivity. Punching on the right, binding on the left. It really is that simple and that efficient with the Galaxy 500 by Fellowes. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
The Fellowes Galaxy 500: A High-Quality Comb Binding Machine
If you’re looking for a high-quality comb binding machine, you’ll be glad to know that there are many available. Some of the best ones are made by Fellowes, such as the Galaxy 500. Continue reading to learn all about it.
- The Galaxy 500 is compatible with plastic combs that are up to 2” in diameter. Due to this, you’ll be able to punch and bind documents that are up to 500 pages long.
- This machine features a vertical punching mechanism and a rotary edge guide so you can be sure that the holes in your documents will be perfectly placed. The device has the ability to punch up to 25 sheets at a time, which is an impressive amount.
- The Galaxy 500 has a built-in storage tray so you can keep a decent selection of combs at your disposal. The tray also has a comb selector. You can use it to measure the thickness of your document and then choose the right size comb.
- Using the Galaxy 500 is very easy especially since it has a D-shaped punching handle. This handle is suitable for two-handed punching and it can be used by both right- and left-handed users without any problem.
- One of the most unique things about this machine is that the comb opener can be removed from the machine. This allows you and a colleague to punch and bind simultaneously so you can get your work done in a hurry.
- This device is pretty durable. It even features a metal comb opener so you’ll be able to get a lot of use out of it. Also, the machine is pretty compact thanks to its approximate measurements of 7” (height) x 21” (width) x 18” (depth). You won’t have any trouble making room for it.
- Finally, the Galaxy 500 comes with a 2-year warranty.
The Fellowes Galaxy 500 is a first-rate comb binding machine that’s ideal for professional use. This device is versatile and it can help you prepare your documents quickly. The Galaxy 500 is one of the few comb binding machines that has a removable comb opener, so it really stands out in the crowd. Plus, this device is durable so you can be sure it will provide you with a lot of use. Check out the Galaxy 500 if you need a high-quality comb binding machine.