- 100% Jam Proof eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs.
- Shreds 18 sheets of A4 paper per pass into 4x38mm cross-cut particles (Security Level P-4).
- SilentShred Technology minimises disruption in shared work spaces.
- SafeSense Technology immediately stops shredding when hands touch the paper entry.
- Energy savings system reduces in-use energy consumption and powers down after 2 min of inactivity.
- Extended runtime of 45 minutes for high volume shredding.
- Shreds credit cards, staples, paperclips and CDs.
- 53L pull-out bin for easy emptying.
- For 3-5 users.
- Item H x W x D (cm): 73.50 x 53.50 x 28.60
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Cut Size: 4 x 38mm
- DIN Level - Paper: P-4
- Anti-Jam Technology: 100% Jam Proof
- Advanced Safety: SafeSense
- Noise reduction: SilentShred
- Energy Savings: Energy Savings System
- Can Shred: Staples, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, CDs/DVDs
- Basket Type: Pull-out Bin
- Colour: Black/Dark Silver
- Material Type: Plastic
- Auto-Oil: N/A
- Throat Width (mm): 230
- Average Shred Speed (mpm): 4.8
Fellowes Powershred 125Ci Cross-Cut Shredder Review
If you need to get a new paper shredder for your office, you can’t go wrong with one made by Fellowes. One of their shredders that’s perfect for office use is the Powershred 125Ci. Take a look at its many strengths and few weaknesses:
- The Powershred 125Ci is capable of shredding up to 18 sheets at a time. The feed opening is 9” across, so you won’t have any trouble shredding legal- and letter-sized documents.
- This is a cross-cut shredder and it has a level 3 security rating. The machine produces shreds that measure just 5/32” x 1-1/2” so you can be confident that your materials will be protected.
- In addition to paper, the Powershred 125Ci can shred staples, paper clips, unopened junk mail, credit cards, CD’s, and DVD’s. This will enable you to protect your personal and proprietary information no matter what format it’s in.
- This shredder has Fellowes’ SafeSense technology for safer shredding. When your hands are too close to the feed opening, the shredder will shut down so you won’t get injured. Also, the machine has a jam-proof feature that will allow you to shred without any problems.
- The Powershred 125Ci will start running whenever you place paper or other items in the feed opening. The machine can shred continuously for up to 45 minutes which will come in handy on busy days. Best of all, this device operates quietly so it’s suitable for shared work areas. The waste bin has a 14-gallon capacity so it won’t need to be emptied very often.
- If you want to conserve energy, the Powershred 125Ci is a great choice. This shredder features an energy savings system to reduce power consumption by up to 70%. The machine will shut off after it hasn’t been used for 2 minutes.
- Finally, the Powershred 125Ci’s cutters are backed by a lifetime warranty. The machine as a whole is covered for 2 years.
- This shredder is far from being small thanks to its approximate dimensions of 29” (height) x 11” (width) x 21” (depth). You should make sure you’ll have enough room for it in your work area.
- The 18-sheet shredding capacity is decent for this kind of a machine but it’s not superb. However, the 45-minute continuous shredding time helps make up for it.
- The Powershred 125Ci doesn’t have an automatic oiler. Thus, you will need to oil the machine manually.
All in all, the Fellowes Powershred 125Ci is a terrific cross-cut shredder that’s recommended for office use. This machine is packed with special features including the SafeSense technology, the ability to shut down after idling, and the ability to shred a variety of non-paper items. Plus, this shredder can operate continuously for up to 45 minutes and it offers level 3 security so you can keep things under wraps. And don’t forget that this machine comes with not one, but two great warranties. Of course, the Powershred 125Ci does have a few weaknesses, but they’re not too problematic. If this shredder sounds like it’s the right machine for your office, be sure to check it out today.