- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Run Time: Continuous
- Color: Black/Dark Silver
- Casters: Yes
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 16
- Can Shred: Paper, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs, Staples, Paper Clips, Junk Mail
- Cut Size: 5/32" x 1 1/2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 3825001
- Item H x W x D (inches): 30.94" x 17.75" x 17.13"
- Jam Technology: 100% Jam-Proof System
- Oil Technology: N/A
- SilentShred: Yes
- Paper Entry Width: 9.5"
- Sheet Capacity: 20
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 16
- Safety Features: Safe Sense Techonology
- Compatible Shredder Bag Item #: 36054
- Energy Savings System: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859573691
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we look at the Fellowes Powershred 225Ci, a roll-around cross cut paper shredder. The shredder comes with a bottle of oil as well as some trash bag liners, and this compartment that holds shredded CDs. The 225Ci’s waste bin is 16 gallons in volume and everything sits nicely inside the closed door. The power controls are all touch pad right here on the top. The nine and one-half-inch wide opening is ample and it shreds at 16 feet per minute and very quiet. The 225Ci can shred up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper per trim. It can shred paper, cardstock, credit cards, CDs and DVDs, staples, paperclips, and junk mail. For recycling purposes, CDs and DVDs are shred through a separate slot that falls right into that plastic container. Taking out the trash is very simple with a swing door and easy access bins. The cross cut shred pattern runs at a level three security. One of the 225Ci’s safety features is that it will not operate with the door open and lets you know if it is. It also has an automatic sensor of too much paper; an LED level panel lets you know just how full your stack is. And it won’t operate if there’s too much. Finally, there’s SafeSense technology on the 225Ci. With SafeSense, the motor automatically shuts down when it senses that a hand is too close to the opening. And finally, if there’s some reason why you need to reverse your process, simply push and hold the reverse button and the papers will back right out and you can remove to start over. The entire machine rolls around on four casters, so it’s easy to bring around the office. That’s the Fellowes Powershred 225Ci. For more demos, reviews, and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Fellowes Powershred 225Ci Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
When it comes to paper shredder, you can't go wrong with one made by Fellowes. This company has been making first-rate shredders for years and they recently put out a number of new machines to kick off 2012. One of their new shredders is the Fellowes Powershred 225Ci, a device that's perfect for busy offices and departments. Here's an in-depth look at its strengths and weaknesses:
- The Powershred 225Ci is a cross-cut shredder that produces shreds measuring 5/32" x 1-1/12". This machine will give you a lot of security, especially since it can shred items like CD's and credit cards. (There is a separate feed opening for plastic items.)
- This machine has a 9.5-inch paper feed opening and it can shred up to 20 sheets at a time. This a great shredding capacity for a cross-cut device and it will help you to quickly get rid of your documents. You can leave the staples and paper clips attached to your documents to save even more time.
- The Powershred 225Ci has a continuous-duty motor and it will start shredding automatically. It has a jam-proof system that includes a paper overfeed indicator so you won't try to shred too much. Also, the machine has SilentShred technology so you can shred as necessary without annoying your colleagues.
- This machine has the ability to power down after it hasn't been used for a few minutes. This will help you save electricity. Also, this device has Fellowes' popular SafeSense technology. This features disables the shredder when your hands are too close to the feed opening.
- The Powershred 225Ci is a good choice for office use since it has a 16-gallon waste bin. You'll be able to share this device easily with your co-workers.
- Finally, the machine is backed by a 2-year warranty except for the cutters. They are covered by a lifetime warranty so you will be able to get a lot of use out of this device over the years.
- The Powershred 225Ci is pretty big thanks to its approximate dimensions of 31" (height) x 18" (width) x 17" (depth). You should measure your work area beforehand to make sure it will fit.
- Although this shredder has separate feed openings for paper and plastic items, it only has one waste bin. Thus, your shreds will be mixed which may be problematic if your local recycling rules are really strict.
The Fellowes Powershred 225Ci is a terrific cross-cut shredder that's great for office use. This machine offers an excellent shredding capacity, the ability to shred credit cards and CD's, and it operates quietly. Plus, it's safe to use and it's powerfull enough to be used by several people. Keep in mind that this machine is large and will take up a lot of room. You will want to make sure you have ample space for it. If the Powershred 225Ci sounds like the right shredder for your workplace, check it out today. You won't regret it.