Rhin-O-Tuff OD4300 Plastic Coil Inserter
The Rhin-O-Tuff OD4300 Electric Spiral Coil Inserter is designed to bolt directly onto the right side of the Rhino Combo Binding Station or 4012 units. Call 1-800-944-4573 for your best price. With Rhin-O-Tuff's patented lexan guides for easier insertion of coils up to 1-1/4" in diameter (32mm). The Plastic Spiral inserter will bind books up to 1-1/8" (28mm) thick using coil diameter up to 1-1/4" (32mm). The Rhin-O-Tuff OD-4300 provides electric coil inserting and features our patented Lexan Guide for easier insertion of all coils, particularly in books 9/16" (14mm) thick and up. The unit will handle coil lengths from 6" to 36" (152mm - 914mm), providing you with more flexibility for large jobs and calendars. The unit attaches to the right side of the Combo binding station or OD-4000/4800 using two wing nuts for easy installation. Coil crimping pliers are included. 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty Click Here for Detailed Specifications on the Rhin-O-Tuff OD4300 Spiral Coil Inserter Need Binding Supplies? Click here for our huge selection of Spiral Coil Binding Supplies in Over 60 Colors
- Electric Plastic Coil Inserter
- Features patented Lexan Guide for easier insertion of all coils
- Handles coil diameters up to 25mm
- Handles coil lengths from 6" to 36"
- Binding Format: Plastic Coil
- Binding Method: Electric
- Punch and Bind Capability: No
- Max Plastic Coil Bind Capacity (20# paper): 265 Sheets
- Plastic Coil Format: 4:1 and 5:1
- Max Plastic Coil Diameter: 25mm
- Built-in Plastic Coil Inserter: Yes
- CE Listed: Yes
- Volts: 115 V
- Hertz: 60 Hz
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Product Number: OD4300
There are No Reviews on this Product Yet
Rhino Tuff OD4300 Plastic Coil Inserter Review
- The Rhin-O-Tuff OD4300 is a different type of spiral coil inserter that is designed for use in conjunction with your Rhino modular binding punch.
- While most spiral coil inserters use large rubber rollers to help you spin your spines across the edge of your books, this machine takes a different approach.
- Using different sized mandrels and a rubber roller that is less than an inch in width this machine is designed to speed up spiral coil inserting in production environments.
- This is especially true for spiral coils that are between 14mm and 32mm in diameter.
- The OD-4300 is effective in speeding up spiral coil inserters for users who need to bind books with coils that are between 9/16" (14mm) and 1-1/4" (32mm). With traditional coil inserters, spinning coil onto the edge of your books becomes more difficult as the diameter of your book increases. The OD4300 is designed to help eliminate this problem by reducing the amount that you need to handle the coil during the inserting process.
- This unit also makes handling longer lengths of coil a lot easier. With most other coil inserters you have to cut 36 inch coil before you begin the inserting process. The OD-4300 works best when you use whole pieces of thirty six inch coil. This is excellent for helping to reduce waste when binding custom sized books and helps to increase productivity.
- The OD4300 is much smaller than most other spiral coil inserters. It is designed to bolt directly onto the side of your machine or onto the side of your Rhin-O-Tuff combo binding station. This space saving design is great for organizations that are tight on space.
- The OD-4300 can be adapted into traditional coil inserter using the OD-4100. This allows users who might want to use the 4300 for long runs to still have the ability to use a traditional roller style coil inserter for short runs and everyday use.
- Although when used correctly and for the right applications this machine can save you time, for many users it will actually cost you time. Learning to set up and use this type of coil inserter can be very difficult. High efficiency production environments may have a dedicated user that can be trained to operate this type of machine. However, many organizations need operators who have little training or experience to operate their equipment. If you are not used to using this style of inserter it can easily take you twenty minutes to set up and it will be considerably slower in inserting the spines onto your documents.
- This machine cannot be used as a standalone coil inserter. It is designed to be bolted onto the side of a Rhin-O-Tuff 4012 binding punch. If you don't have either of these machines then you will need to purchase the OD-3500 binding station in order to use this machine. This is something to keep in mind when considering this device.
- Setting up this machine can be a little bit time consuming. It is important to make sure that you have the right size of mandrel and that the machine is properly adjusted for the size of coil that you are using. Then every piece of coil needs to be loaded onto the machine one at a time. These things make the OD-4300 an excellent choice for long runs and for use with 36" coil. Users who need to bind a few documents or who prefer to use 12" coil may find that this machine is somewhat frustrating to operate.
- This coil inserter is an excellent choice for print shops and high volume operators who already own an 4012 binding punch.
- It is best used for long runs, larger sized coils and with thirty six inch coil lengths.
- In the hands of the right operator with the right training, this machine will provide increased performance and productivity.
- However, most organizations will be better off choosing a traditional coil inserter.
Questions & Answers