- Max. Laminating Width: 15 in. (380 mm)
- Film Thickness: 1 - 10 mil (25 - 250 mic)
- Max. Laminating Speed: 14.8 ft./min. (4.5 m/min.)
- Speed Control: 9 Digital Settings
- Drive Motor: DC Geared
- De-Curl Device: Yes
- Temperature Control: Digital, Maximum 320 DegreesF/150 DegreesC
- Film Roll Diameter: Maximum 7.9"
- Film Core Size: Auto Grip Hubs 2.25" & 3" (1" option)
- Heating Method: Hot Roller
- Transport Type: 4 Rollers
- Hot Lamination Capable: Yes
- Cold Lamination Capable: No
- Mounting/Foamboard: Yes, up to 1/4" (6mm)
- Reverse: Yes
- Cross Cutter: Yes
- Foot Pedal: No
- Document Guide: Yes
- Unit Dimensions: 21.5" x 25" x 18" (550 x 640 x 450mm)
- Unit Weight: 91 lbs. (41 kg)
- Carton Dimensions: 31.5" x 29.5" x 26 (800 x 750 x 670mm)
- Carton Weight: 101.4 lbs. (46 kg)
- Warm-Up Time (min.): 8
- Remote Control: No
- Encapsulation: Yes
- Front Feeder Assembly: Yes
- Rear Wind-Up Assembly: Yes
- Unit Depth (in.): 21.5
- Unit Width (in.): 25
- Unit Height (in.): 18
- Unit Weight (lbs.): 91
- Voltage: AC 100~120V/220~240V, 50/60Hz
- Consumption (Watts): 1200W
- Warranty: 1 year part & labor (Rollers 6 months)
Royal Sovereign RSH-380 Roll Laminator Review
If you’re in the market for a new roll laminator (or even your first one), a company you need to check out is Royal Sovereign. They make a lot of roll laminators that are worth your consideration, including the RSH-380. Here are this particular device’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The first good thing about the RSH-380 is its laminating width. It’s very wide, measuring a full 15 inches across. This makes it perfect for wider items, as well as the usual letter-sized documents (8.5” x 11”).
- The RSH-380 is compatible with all thicknesses of laminating film, from 1 to 10 mil. Your documents will be able to be super flexible or extremely stiff depending on your needs. The rolls of film you use can have cores that are either 1″, 2.25″, or 3″ wide.
- If you’ve ever wanted to work with mounting boards, you’ll get your chance if you use this device. It’s compatible with boards that are up to 0.24” thick.
- This laminator works pretty quickly once it warms up. (More on the warm-up time in a moment.) It can process 16.4 feet of material per minute so you’ll be able to laminate a lot of documents in almost no time at all.
- This is a remarkably easy machine to operate and you’ll be able to use it without any problems very quickly. There are nine preset speed settings that help make the device user-friendly so you’ll never have trouble choosing the right one for your project.
- There is a cross-cutter that’s been built directly into this laminator so you can easily get rid of any excess laminate. This also will help keep the device in great shape because you’ll be keeping sharp objects away from the rollers.
- The RSH-380 comes with not one, but two warranties. The rollers are covered for six months while the rest of the machine has a year’s worth of protection.
- Perhaps the most disappointing thing about the RSH-380 is that it doesn’t have a cold setting. Thus, you probably shouldn’t try laminating certain items with it, such as photographs and documents printed with ink-jet ink. You should have a cold process machine available if you need to work with those kinds of items.
- It takes almost 10 minutes for this machine to warm up. This is one of the longest warm-up times for a laminator, unfortunately.
- This machine will take up a lot of room because its dimensions are 21.5″ (width) x 27″ (depth) x 24″ (height). Thus, it wouldn’t be a wise purchase if your workspace is already cramped. You’ll also need a dolly or someone to help you move it because it weighs 159 pounds.
Despite its handful of weaknesses, the Royal Sovereign RSH-380 is definitely worth checking out. It will help you laminate a lot of documents quickly and its feed opening is wide enough for large items. Plus, it’s great that its compatible with so many types of laminating film. So if you need a roll laminator, be sure to consider the RSH-380.