- Simplicity: Push-button operation makes the APC-45 cutter far simpler and easier to operate than paper cutters that use manual clamping and lever action. The dual push-button controls require simultaneous two-hand operation to automatically clamp and cut the paper. An automatic paper clamp firmly applies equal pressure across the entire width of the cutting surface, securing the stock for accurate cutting.
- Digital Control Panel: An intuitive digital control panel and LCD readout allows the operator to input a precise cut dimension, accurate to 0.005" quickly and accurately.
- Advanced Programming Features: The APC-45 Cutter allows for storing and recalling up to 30 programs of 99 steps each. Three memory recall buttons can each be programmed to instantly recall key cut programs. Other features included in this advanced and intuitive electronic programming are automatic push-out, repeat cut, calculate and set functions.
- Safety Features: Simultaneous two-hand operation is required for cutting. Releasing either of the cut button controls immediately retracts the clamp and blade and returns them to their starting position. Each APC-45 also comes equipped with a safety beam detector across the throat opening to immediately stop the cutting action if the safety beam is broken. For added security, there is a removable on/off security key to lock the cutter and prevent unauthorized use.
- Control Panel: The APC-45's eye level mounted control panel has an adjustable viewing angle and is ideally located for optimal viewing and programming ease.
- Simple and Safe Operation: Safety beam protection, a plexi-glass safety cover over the rear bed and required two-hand cut cycle activation for safe operation.
- Maximum Cutting Width: 17.7"
- Maximum Cutting Height: 2.3"
- Maximum Cutting Length from Backguage: 17.7"
- Minimum Cut Length from Backguage: 1.57"
- Table Depth In Front Of Knife: 12"
- Cut Cycle Speed: 8 seconds/cycle
- Key Activated Power Switch: Standard (removeable in off postion only)
- Backgauge: Electronically controlled (.005" accuracy)
- Counter: Digital Cycle Count (lockable/resetable)
- Standard Features: High-speed Hardened-steel Cutting Blade, Digital Input Control and Backgauge to .005" Positioning, Digital Input Control Panel and LCD Read-out, Illuminated Cut Line, Automatic Clamp with Fixed 2,000 lb Pressure, 30 Program memory (99 steps each), Manual Clamp Activation Via Foot Pedal, Adjustable Viewing Angle Control Panel, Automatic 2" Stock Push-out In Program Operation, Operator Blade Angle and Depth Adjustment
- Included Accessories: Security Keys (2), Spare Cutting Blade, Knife Holder (2), Soft Clamp, Tool Box
- Power Requirements: 115V, 60Hz, 11A
- Machine Dimensions: 30.4"(W) x 34.7"(D) x 59.5"(H)
- Weight/Shipping Wgt: 662 lbs. / 685 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard APC 45 Electric Programmable Paper Cutter Review
Do you need an electric paper cutter with a terrific cutting capacity? If so, you should check out the Standard APC 45, a device that can slice through hundreds of sheets at time. Here's everything you need to know about this machine.
The APC 45 can cut stacks of paper that are up to 2.3 inches tall. Thus, you'll be able to cut over 500 sheets at once, which is more than an entire ream of paper. Since this device has a 17.7-inch cutting width and 12 inches of space in front of the blade, you'll be able to trim both small and large sheets of paper.
This machine's cut cycles last for 8 seconds so you'll be able to process a lot of paper in very little time. There's a digital cycle count readout so you'll know how often you've used the machine. The cycle cut can be reset if you want. The APC 45 also has an LCD readout and a digital control panel so you can have total control over the entire process.
If you want to program certain processes into this device, you'll be happy to know you can store up to 30 programs. This feature will help you save time because you won't be constantly telling the machine what to do.
The APC 45 is pretty easy to use thanks to its automatic paper clamp, illuminated cutting line, and powered backgauge. There are also push-buttons you use to start the cutting process. They must be pressed simultaneously for the machine to do its work.
Like some of the other electric cutters on the market, the APC 45 is equipped with a keylock. The keylock helps prevent unauthorized use. For your convenience, two security keys are included with this device.
This cutter has a safety beam detector stretched across the throat opening. If your hands ever cross over the beam, the machine will cease cutting so you won't get injured.
The APC 45 is a well-constructed machine and it's durable enough to withstand daily use. The blade is made out of hardened steel so you'll get a crisp edge whenever you cut with it.
This cutter comes with all the accessories you need to get started with it. The accessories include a soft clamp, tool box, knife holder, and an extra blade.
The APC 45 is a floor model and not a desktop device. It approximately measures 30" x 35" x 60" and will take up a fair amount of room. This is a great machine for binderies, print shops, and so on, but it might be too large for some offices.
And finally, this trimmer is backed by a one-year warranty.
Overall, the Standard APC 45 is an excellent paper cutter and one that would be great for a variety of different work environments. This device's cutting capacity is definitely impressive and you'll find that the other features make this trimmer very user-friendly. If you're in the market for an electric paper cutter, make sure you check out the APC 45. It may be just the trimmer you've been looking for.