Sorry, but Standard Horizon 3080x5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $1,111.00
You Save: 52%
Your Price: $2,122.50
You Save: 21%
Your Price: $2,127.00
You Save: 56%
Your Price: $2,156.00
You Save: 20%
- Continuous Cycle
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Level 5 High Security Shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 5 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 10"
- Sheet Capacity: 7 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16"
- Speed: 26 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 16 gallons
- Motor HP: 1
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 125 lbs
- Dimensions: 30.5" x 16.75" x 15.25"
- Part Number: 3080x5
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 3080×5 High Security Cross Cut Shredder Review
High security shredders are one of the many quality products made by Standard. The Horizon 3080×5 is a level 5 security cross cut shredder designed for home and small business use. Its smaller size, however, doesn’t diminish the power inside. The durable blades have enough muscle to turn full size documents into unrecognizable particles. Automatic functions make it efficient and easy to use while its petite build fits easily into a home office or small business. The following is a closer look at the pros and cons of the Standard Horizon 3080×5.
- The automatic features make this machine extremely simple to use. The computerized on/off function senses when your paper is near the blades and turns itself on. When you’ve finished, the machine powers down to save electricity. The automated off is also triggered when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam, allowing the user to correct the problem promptly instead of unknowingly making it worse. If a paper jam is the issue, the machine reverses the paper out of the blades, helping to clear the jam.
- The cross cutting mechanism is designed for the high security needs of government agencies, hospitals and other businesses dealing with sensitive information. The blades dice your paperwork into tiny particles only 1/32 inch by 7/16 inch in size. Confidential information is effectively converted from full size documents into miniscule confetti, virtually impossible to reassemble. This meets the NSA’s standards for Top Secret, COMSEC, INFOSEC, CRYTOLOGIC, and SCI document destruction for any business.
- The 10 inch paper entry can handle up to seven sheets at once at speeds up to 26 feet per minute. The tiny shreds left are deposited into a 10 gallon waste bin, outfitted with waste container open detection. If the bin is open, the machine ceases to shred and the user is alerted to the issue. This helps prevent accidental injury caused by hands being inside the machine while shredding is taking place.
- The throat width is limited to 10 inches and only handles seven sheets at once. Both of these can be attributed to the design for smaller spaces and lighter usage, as found in home offices and small businesses. It also shreds at a respectable rate of 22 feet per minute, making it quickly ready for another seven sheets. However, medium to larger offices may find a larger shredder more useful.
- The waste container only holds 16 gallons of paper. The tiny particles will fill this space very slowly and most home and small office users will find this to be adequate. If you’re looking for a shredder for medium to high usage, one with a larger waste bin would be better suited for you.
This conveniently smaller home and small office shredder is ideal to discard any sensitive information. It is efficient and easy to use. The cross cutting blades dice your paper into fine particles, ensuring that any confidential information stays that way. We would recommend this excellent machine for light duty personal or small business high security shredding needs.