- Corner and Side Stapling in a Space-Saving Design: The Optional Model PS-P61 provides corner and side-staple options to a single 10-bin QC-S Collator. The integrated design of the PS-P61 combines the cabinet for the collator and stapler together in one space-saving design. The stapler cartridge holds 5,000 staples and notifies the operator when it's empty.
- Stapling and Folding All-In-One: Connect your QC-S Collator to the MF-1 Stapler/Folder for a highly productive system that finishes sets of up to six letter-sized sheets in a letter fold, letter fold with corner staple or corner staple only format.
- High-Speed Bookletmaking Made Easy: Functional, versatile, and durable, the Model SPF-9 and Model SPF-9A Bookletmakers operate either automatically in-line with either QC-S Collating System or semi-automatically by feeding in the document set manually while in off-line mode. The SPF-9A is a fully automated set-up version of the SPF-9 that allows for push-button set-up in seconds by selecting any of the four popular preset paper sizes. It can also save time on non-standard paper sizes as it has two programmable memory settings. Both the SPF-9 and SPF-9A can staple and fold up to an 80-page booklet at speeds up to 2,100 sets per hour.
- Add Face Trimming: Increase the professional appearance of every finished book without sacrificing productivity by adding the optional in-line face trimmer. Each SPF Bookletmaker has a matching face trimmer that efficiently trims away the shingled uneven lead edges of a folded booklet to ensure the highest-quality appearance.
- Modular Design Adds Versatility: Expandable up to 3 towers, for up to 30 feed bins. The QC-S Collators and the SPF accessories offer unparalleled levels of productivity and versatility. Dual-direction feed capability in a multiple-tower system allows two different jobs to be run simultaneously. Increase productivity by producing booklets on one end while straight or offset stacking on the other. It's simple, clean, highly productive and reliable.
- # of Bins per Tower: 10 (Friction-feed)
- Maximum Number of Towers: 3 (10, 20, 30 Stations)
- Bin capacity: 1.1" (200+ sheets 20 lb. bond)
- Sheet Size: 5.5" x 6.9" to 12" x 17"
- PaperWeights: 14 lb. bond to 67 lb. index (53-127 gsm) including NCR, some coated stocks)
- Production Speed(s): Up to 3900 sets/hr (5 sheets) 8.5" x 11"; Up to 2100 sets/hr 11" x 17"
- Programming: Split Tower (continuous/load while running), Sheet Insertion
- Set Calibration Button: Sets error detection of active feed bins
- Double Sheet Detection QC-S300: Individual bin paper opacity detection
- Error Detection: Sheet-Opacity type sensors for Miss, Double, and Jam Detection. Receiving Tray Full, Transport Door Open, Bin Empty Detection
- Receiving Stacker Capacity: 2.96"
- Stacker Capability: Straight and Offset Stacking
- Adjustable Bin Pressure: Yes
- Adjustable Separator Pressure: Yes
- Counter: Total count (Ascending), Preset counter (Descending)
- Optional Accessories: F40 Bookletmaker, MF-1 Mail Folder/Stapler, Collator Stand (MT100), PS-P61, SPF-9(9A), FC-9(9A)
- Power: 115V 60 Hz
- Machine Weight/Dimensions: 139 lbs./23.3"W x 19.5"Dx 39.4
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Offset or Straight Stacking
Full Color Touch Screen
Split Tower Programming
Opacity Miss & Double Detection
Opacity Detector BypassQC-S30 Friction Feed CollatorSheet Length Miss & Double Detection
Count Up / Down Program Only
Productive & Economical
1 Tower 10 Bins
2 Towers 20 Bins
3 Towers 30 BinsQC-S300 & QC-S30 ACCESSORIES:SPF-9A/FC-9A Auto Set-Up Bookletmaker/Trimmer
SPF-9/FC-9 Manual Set-Up Bookletmaker/Trimmer
MF-1 Mai... Read More
Standard Horizon QC-S300 & QC-S30 Collators & Bookmaking Systems
Reliable Productive Offset or Straight Stacking Full Color Touch Screen Split Tower Programming Opacity Miss & Double Detection Opacity Detector Bypass
QC-S30 Friction Feed Collator
Sheet Length Miss & Double Detection Count Up / Down Program Only Analog Display Productive & Economical Modular Design Adds Versatility 1 Tower 10 Bins 2 Towers 20 Bins 3 Towers 30 Bins
QC-S300 & QC-S30 ACCESSORIES:
SPF-9A/FC-9A Auto Set-Up Bookletmaker/Trimmer SPF-9/FC-9 Manual Set-Up Bookletmaker/Trimmer F40 Bookletmaker MF-1 Mail Folder/Stapler PS-P61 Corner Stapler
SPF-9A & SPF-9 Systems
Up to 2,100 Books Per Hour
Staple & Fold Corner, Top or Side Staple Fold Only
Up to 1,500 Books Per Hour
Staple & Fold Corner, Top or Side Staple Fold Only
MF-1 Mail Folder/Stapler
Staple & Letter Fold Up to 6 Sheets Letter Fold Only Up to 6 Sheets Corner Staple Up to 20 Sheets
Modular design adds versatility
Standard QC-S300 10 Bin Programmable Friction Feed Collator Review
The Standard QC-S300 is one of the fastest tabletop friction feed collators on the market today. Offering high versatility in a compact design, this machine rapidly prepares sheet sets for further handling. It's a high performance device ideal for growing large production businesses, as it can expand with productivity needs. Here is a closer look.
The main difference between this and the QC-S30 is the color touch screen with programmable features. This allows you to automatically insert tab sheets and covers. If you have two towers, you can use split tower programming for dual cycling. While one tower is feeding, the other can be loaded. As the feeding stops from the first, it automatically switches to the second. This allows continuous, efficient collating and is a huge time saver.
Sheet opacity is used to detect a number of potential errors, including a missed bin, double feed, and a jam. There are also alerts for a full receiving tray, open transport door, and an empty bin, saving you diagnostic time and allowing quick fixing of any issues.
Each of the ten bins on a tower have a 1.1" capacity, which equals over 200 sheets of 20lb bond. Up to three towers can work congruently to offer 10, 20, and 30 stations. Paper can vary from as small as 5.5" by 6.9" up to 12" by 17". This device also accepts a wide variety of weights, ranging from 14lb bond up to 67lb index and includes NCR and some coated stocks.
Items are processed as fast as 3900 sets per hour, assuming five sheet sets of 8.5" by 11" paper. That is one of the world's fastest collation rates. Even with 11" by 17" paper, materials run through in sets of five at 2100 sets per hour. The finished product sits in a receiving stacker that holds almost three inches worth of paper. Sets can be stacked straight or offset, depending on your preference.
The extreme versatility of this collator comes from the available addition of multiple machines. A stapler aids in the production of packets and surveys. Stapler/Folder additions provide an efficient way to create large quantities of multi-page mass mailings. Finally, a booklet maker can staple, fold, and trim pages for a professional finished look. The best part is, you can start with the collator and purchase these additions at a later date as your needs change and grow.
Standard guarantees this model with a 90 day warranty.
The variety of paper accepted is ample for most businesses. However, some offices would prefer the option of folding 12" by 18" paper. For that, we suggest the MBM FC-10.
As you probably know, this is a large, heavy machine before any additions. There are casters on the bottom for added mobility but be sure you have the room for this device before you buy.
It's clear from the many strengths that the QC-S300 is an ideal system for any large office or production printing company. With the ability to grow with your needs, this is an excellent investment. Instead of someday needing a bigger replacement, you can just purchase additional towers to work with a system already in place. This along with the efficient functionality make the QC-S300 highly recommended for any workplace needing a heavy duty collation system.