- Sheet Capacity : 15
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Base Length : 15 in
- Footnote 1: All sheet capacities are based on 20-lb. bond.
- Trimmer Board Type:Bypass
- Cut Length : 15 in
- Base Material: Metal, Wood Composite
- Base Width : 12 in
- GBC Quartet Part Number: 9715A
- Primary UPC:033816000179
- Warranty: 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Swingline 15" ClassicCut Laser Guillotine Trimmer Review
The 15" Classic Cut Laser Trimmer is a light to medium duty paper trimmer that comes with a lot of nice features. Here we take a look at this machine and give you what we consider to be some it its strengths as well as some of the weaknesses.
Strengths and Features:
- One of the best features of the 15" Classic Cut Laser is, of course, the laser line which gives the user a clear and exact line by which to cut. The light is operated by two AA batteries (and Swingline even includes a set of batteries with the trimmer), and is a great and incredible handy feature. These types of mid-range guillotine cutters can sometimes be a little difficult to get precise cut with, and the laser light is a well thought out addition.
- The cutting capacity of the 15" CC Laser is pretty impressive as well at 15 pages of regular 20lb paper. As with any paper trimmer on the market, however, your results may be a little better if you operate below that stated capacity. By all accounts, the 15" CC Laser does the job at that capacity, but you will probably find that your cuts are cleaner if your stacks are a little smaller. As far as other materials, this trimmer does a great job with photos, laminated documents, card stock, and presentation covers as well.
- The overall construction of this machine is impressive as well. Many times you have to spend a lot more to find a trimmer with a wood cutting surface, but you will find one on this machine, along with a heavy-duty metal cutting arm, and rubber feet that keep the trimmer securely in place when in use. This just seems to be a solidly built trimmer that should offer the typical user years and years of service.
- The 15" CC Laser has a couple of safety features that are worth noting. First of all, there's a latch that locks the blade into place when the trimmer is not being used. There is also a guard rail that keeps the fingers that are holding that paper during cutting well away from the blade. While these sorts of safety features are pretty much the industry standard, it is always nice to have them, as these types of trimmers can be dangerous if used improperly.
- The cutting surface also also features an alignment grid and rulers for both metric and US measurements to help ensure precise cutting.
- The blade's cutting length of 15" is great for letter and legal sized sheets as well as longer custom sized documents as well.
Weaknesses and Limitations:
- The sheet capacity of 15 pages is acceptable for light to medium duty work, but if your typical projects tend to be hundreds or thousands of pages, you may want to get a more powerful trimmer.
- The safety features are also acceptable, but if this trimmer is going to be used in a school setting by children, they should be closely supervised. The same could be said for any paper trimmer on the market, however.
If you are interested in more information about Swingline 15" ClassicCut Laser Trimmer, you might want to visit MyBinding.com. They offer a great price on binding equipment and they even offer Free Shipping on orders over $75.00.