- Cross-cut shredder meets everyday security needs (Level P-3)
- Shreds up to 10 sheets at a time
- 6-gallon pull-out waste bin
- Runs consecutively for 20 minutes with 15 minutes off to ensure longevity of the motor
- Non-stop Jam Free™ red and green LED lights indicate whether or you are exceeding or within capacity to prevent jams before they occur
- Ultra quiet (≤60dB) to ensure minimal disruption in the office environment
- Intelligent Power Save™ auto shut down with automatic wake-up conserves energy
- Intelligent Self-Cleaning Cutters™ automatically remove shreds that cause build-up and lead to jams
- Shreds credit cards, paper clips, staples, and documents
- 2 year warranty, 7 year warranty on cutters
- 19"L x 11"W x 16"H
- UPC: 033816093539
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 6
- Cut Type: Cross-cut
- Detailed Color: Black/Silver
- Entry Width: 9"
- Jam Free Type: Non-stop Jam Free™
- Number of Shreds Per Page: 302
- Period of Warranty: 2 years
- Run Time/Cool Down Time: 20/15
- Safety Features: CSAus
- Security Level: P-3
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 10
- Shred Size: 1/4" x 2"
- Shred Speed (per minute): 7'
- Shredder Usage: Executive Shredder
- Dimensions: 16"H x 11"W x 19"D
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a demonstration of the Swingline EX 10-06, a cross-cut executive shredder. Simple, effective, and stylish, the EX 10-06 is a great shredder. Here's how it works step-by-step. Turn the whole unit on with the power switch that's on the back. The power switch on the front is how you begin your current project. The only other buttons are forward and reverse. Turn it on, green light means automatic form is ready, and insert your papers; the EX 10-06 will take it from here. Covers, papers, credit cards and the like can all be used on the EX 10-06. The opening and the motor can handle up to ten sheets of 20lb paper. The Jam Free Technology allows for some awkward or oversize documents to also be shredded. Should you need to reverse the motors, simply press the REV reverse button and the project will come back out, pull it out with your hand. The shreds fall into the waste basket just below. And that's it with the EX 10-06 by Swingline. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Here's how it works step-by-step as we look at its features.
We really like just how simple the machine is with an on and off switch in the back and an auto-feed in the front. Push the auto button, it will take it forward. There's also a forward and reverse button on your own command as needed. The EX 10-06 provides a security level 3, ample protection for the disposal of your sensitive materials. And it all falls into a six-gallon waste bin... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. This video reviews the Swingline EX 10-06, a cross-cut executive shredder. The EX 10-06 is simple, stylish, and effective.
Here's how it works step-by-step as we look at its features.
We really like just how simple the machine is with an on and off switch in the back and an auto-feed in the front. Push the auto button, it will take it forward. There's also a forward and reverse button on your own command as needed. The EX 10-06 provides a security level 3, ample protection for the disposal of your sensitive materials. And it all falls into a six-gallon waste bin just below the shredder. And it's thin, compact enough to fit under almost any desk. The automatic feed sensor seems to work well enough without much jiggling. It can shred seven feet per minute, 8.5" x 11" documents, and it can run 20 minutes before a cool down period is needed. The EX 10-06 claims to shred up to 14 sheets at a time, however we found that ten was really about all we could get into the slot. It can shred credit cards, but not CDs. It does have a Jam Free Technology that allows some oversize or awkward documents still to be shredded without problem. However, should you run into a jam and for some reason need to reverse everything, you can simply hit the reverse button and the rollers will go backwards; you can remove your document and do as you please. Overall, we like the simplicity and the effectiveness of this level three cross cut shredder. Our price point is just under $175 and it seems like a great buy. For more reviews and demos of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Swingline EX10-06 Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
Swingline makes great office supplies and machines, including paper shredders. One of their shredders is the EX10-06, a cross-cut model that you might want to consider. Here are its strengths and weaknesses:
- The EX10-06 is a good choice if you need to shred confidential documents like bank statements and old tax returns. This machine is a Level 3 cross-cut shredder, so you can be sure that your information will be safe. The device can also shred credit and debit cards.
- This device can shred up to 12 sheets at a time. A 12-sheet shredding capacity is pretty impressive for a cross-cut shredder. The machine can shred continuously for up to 20 minutes, so it will help you dispose of your documents pretty quickly. Best of all, the shredder offers jam-free performance to making disposing your paper hassle-free.
- The EX10-06 operates quietly so you can use it in a shared work area and not bother your colleagues. You can even share this device with other since it has a 6-gallon waste bin. When the bin gets full, just pull it out like a drawer and recycle your shreds.
- If you don't have a lot of room in your work area, this machine is a good choice. It's small enough to fit under your desk so you can save space and be able to shred without leaving your desk.
- Overall, this shredder is easy to use. It even has a user-friendly control panel for your convenience.
- Finally, the EX10-06 comes with great warranty coverage. The cutters are backed by a lifetime warranty and the rest of the shredder is covered for two years.
- Since the EX10-06 has a 12-sheet shredding capacity, it might not be a good choice if you need to shred large amounts of paper at once on a regular basis. Also, this machine can't shred CD's or floppy disks. If you need to shred those kinds of items, you'll need a multimedia shredder.
- If you shred continuously for 20 minutes, you'll need to let the machine cool off for 15 minutes before you can continue. This might be an issue if you're in a hurry.
- The EX10-06 is a smaller shredder, so it doesn't come equipped with an automatic oiler. However, oiling the machine by hand is incredibly easy and it doesn't take long.
Since the Swingline EX10-06 is a small shredder, it's not surprising that it has a few weaknesses. The weaknesses (relatively low shredding capacity, a 15-minute cool-down time, etc.) are pretty typical for a device such as this but they definitely don't overshadow the machine's many strengths. For example, this machine offers a good level of security and it operates quietly, making it ideal for shared work areas. Also, this device is easy to use and it's small enough to fit under a desk. And the warranty coverage is excellent. All in all, the EX10-06 is a solid cross-cut shredder from Swingline that's a good choice for office use.