- Patented SmartCut Dial-A-Blade 12" trimmer offers straight, wave and score cutting styles all in one without the need to change the blade
- Turn the 3-in-1 dial to choose a cutting style
- Ideal for trimming paper, photos, crafts, labels, greeting cards, tickets and more
- Steel blade cuts up to 5 sheets of 20 lb. paper
- Alignment grid and dual scale (US and metric) ruler for precise measuring
- Plastic and lightweight for easy storage and transporting
- Limited 1-year warranty
- Swingline Part Number: 1312A
- Primary UPC:033816065871
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Reviewed on 3/21/2016
This is a great product. It performs very well, is easy to use, and the blades stay sharp for a long time.
Swingline SmartCut 12” Dial-A-Blade Trimmer Review
Paper trimmers make it easy to give your documents the straight cuts they need, but there are some that can also score and perforate your work. One such device is the Swingline SmartCut 12” Dial-A-Blade, a high-quality device that’s a must-have item if you work with paper on a regular basis. Let’s see what this device can do and how it can help you out.
- The SmartCut is a very versatile device that can cut your documents as well as perforate and score them. This trimmer can do both straight and wavy cuts, which makes it perfect for both professional and creative applications such as crafts, creating forms, putting together thermal binding covers, and more. The blade can work in both directions which helps make this cutter really easy to use.
- All you need to do to switch between cutting, perforating, and scoring methods is simply rotate a dial. You don’t need to remove and replace the blade or anything. It’s really easy to do and it’s also safe since you won’t be handling a sharp blade.
- This cutter can process a number of different types of items including regular copier/printer paper, laminated documents, photographs, thin cardstock, and more. When you’re working with 20 lb. bond paper, you’ll be able to cut up to 10 sheets at a time, which is a decent amount for this type of trimmer.
- The SmartCut has a transparent cutting guide so you’ll always be able to keep an eye on how your work is progressing. There are both standard and metric measurements printed on the base of the trimmer so you can easily measure your materials before subjecting them to the blade.
- There are stainless steel replacement blades available for this device so you’ll never have to worry about ending up with a useless trimmer. The SmartCut even has a built-in compartment in which you can store extra blades if you want.
- This is a very modern-looking trimmer that will look great at work, in the classroom, or anywhere else you wish to use it. It’s lightweight (it only weighs 10 pounds) so you’ll be able to move it around easily if the need arises.
- The SmartCut is pretty affordable so purchasing won’t push your bank account balance into the red. Also, it’s backed by a limited one-year warranty.
The Swingline SmartCut is a really terrific trimmer that can meet a variety of your paper handling needs. It can give you both straight and wavy cuts which is great for crafts, and the perforating and scoring capabilities can help you out with processing documents, etc. This trimmer is really easy to use (especially when it comes to switching between blades) and it has a decent cutting capacity so you’ll be able to quickly finish your work. You can even cut laminated documents, photographs, and cardstock with it. It’s great that there are replacement blades available and the this cutter has a storage area for your extras. All together, this is a great trimmer that can help you out, so take a look at it today.