Sorry, but Swingline SmartCut EasyBlade 12" Rotary Trimmer - 8812 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $10.09
You Save: 40%
Your Price: $58.14
You Save: 43%
Your Price: $15.36
You Save: 39%
Your Price: $45.59
You Save: 5%
- EasyBlade 12" Rotary Trimmer offers easy and convenient blade changing without having to touch the blade
- The blade is concealed inside a cartridge, so there are no exposed blades
- Trim paper, presentations, photos and more.
- Steel blade cuts up to 10 sheets of 20 lb. paper
- Cutting line indicator shows exactly where the paper will be cut
- Brushed aluminum alignment grid and dual scale (US and metric) ruler delivers precise measuring
- Durable plastic base and non-slip rubber feet keep trimmer in place
- Self-healing cutting mat gives trimmer long-lasting performance
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Swingline Part Number: 8812
- Primary UPC: 033816092198
Swingline SmartCut EasyBlade 12" Rotary Trimmer
If you cut a lot of paper for either personal or professional purposes, you probably want to cut perfectly straight lines. One of the best ways to achieve this is by using a rotary trimmer such as the Swingline SmartCut EasyBlade. This trimmer is easy to use, it looks great, and it has some great special features. Here is a look at the SmartCut's strengths and weaknesses:
- The SmartCut is designed to cut paper that is up to 12" long. Thus, it's perfect for paper that's letter-sized (8.5" x 11") and smaller. You can use this trimmer to process snapshots, scrapbook pages, and more.
- This trimmer can cut up to 10 sheets of paper at a time, so it's great for small jobs. You should be able to trim very thin cardstock with this device which will be helpful when you're working on a special project.
- This cutter's blade is completely encased in plastic so you will be able to work on your project without accidentally hurting yourself. In fact, this device is one of the safest trimmers available so it's an excellent choice if safety is a priority.
- The SmartCut is easy to use thanks to a few key features. For one thing, the device has an alignment grid in addition to a ruler to help you properly line up your documents before cutting. (Both metric and standard measurement units are visible.) Also, the cutter has a paper clamp and the cutting mat is self-healing.
- This cutter is visually appealing and it's not terribly large, so it's good for smaller work areas. Also, this trimmer is easy to move around since it only weighs 5.5 pounds.
- Finally, the SmartCut is covered by a 1-year warranty.
- Since this trimmer has a 12-inch cutting length, it's not ideal for large pieces of paper. You should choose a larger trimmer if you need to work with paper that's more than 12" long.
- As mentioned above, the SmartCut can trim up to 10 sheets at a time. This cutting capacity probably won't fit the bill if you want or need to trim a lot of paper at once. If you regularly need to cut large amounts of paper, a guillotine trimmer or stack cutter is your best bet.
- The SmartCut features a lot of plastic parts so it's not particularly durable.
As you can see, the Swingline SmartCut has a lot of strengths and a few drawbacks. Since this is a smaller rotary trimmer, it's best for items that are letter-sized or smaller, and it's perfect for when you need to cut 10 sheets or less at once. This trimmer is really easy to use and it doesn't take up very much room. However, this trimmer isn't that great for large projects, especially if you will need to regularly cut a lot of paper at once. But if you just need a trimmer for occasional use on small projects, the SmartCut is a great choice. Check it out today.