- Number of Users: 1
- Model: 80X Stack-and-Shred
- Swingline Item Number: 1757574
- Cut Style/security level: Cross-cut/P-3
- Sheet Capacity: 80 Auto/6 manual
- Waste Capacity: 5 gallons
- Entry Width: 9"
- Max run time/cool down: 10min/40min
- Shreds per 8.5" x 11" sheet: 355
- Shred Speed (feet per minute): 5fpm
- Cut Size: 3/16" x 1 3/4"
- Shreds CD/credit cards: No CDs
- Shreds Staples/Paper Clips: Yes
- Anti-Jam Technology: Auto Jam Clearance
- Super Quiet: Yes
- Sound level: 60db
- Self-cleaning cutters: Yes
- Automatic oiling: No
- Finger safe/ Safety Agency: Yes/CSAus
- Power Save: Yes
- Manual Reverse: Yes
- Casters: No
- Manufacturer limited warranty (machine/cutters): 1 yr/1 yr
- Paper waste bag item number: 1765028
- Oil item number: not recommended
Speaker 2: Introducing the new Stack-and-Shred 80X Hands-Free Shredder. It’s a better way to shred. The 80X is ideal for personal, home office or executive use, shredding up to 80 sheets of paper automatically. The patent-pending hands-free auto-plus technology means that shredding tasks are now as easy as stack, shut, done. Waiting on your shredd... Read More
Speaker 2: Introducing the new Stack-and-Shred 80X Hands-Free Shredder. It’s a better way to shred. The 80X is ideal for personal, home office or executive use, shredding up to 80 sheets of paper automatically. The patent-pending hands-free auto-plus technology means that shredding tasks are now as easy as stack, shut, done. Waiting on your shredder is a thing of the past. The Stack-and-Shred 80X features cross-cut shredding and can even shred credit cards. While the manual feed is perfect for single sheets, thick, glossy or folded pages. It can even shred staples and paper clips in any corner. Automatic jam clearance and an easy-to-use LED user interface are just some of the features designed to make the operation and maintenance of the Stack-and-Shred a breeze, all while the space-saving design allows the 80X to fit neatly under your desk. Don’t waste your time waiting in front of a shredder when you can be doing something else. It’s time to delegate the shredding to your shredder with the new Stack-and-Shred 80X from Swingline.
Speaker 1: Thank you for viewing our 80X training video. I hope you enjoyed it and I’m sure you picked up on all of the features of the product. Basically, just remember that this is a deskside shredder and this, combined with the 100X and the 60X, makes the perfect array of price points to bring Stack-and-Shred cross-cut shredders into any office. Again, thank you for your attention and please view the other four other Stack-and-Shred training videos if you’ve not already done so.
Swingline Stack-and-Shred 80X Hands Free Shredder Review
Do you need a new paper shredder for your office or cubicle? If so, you have a lot of options including some of the great new shredders from Swingline. One of the new Swingline models is the Stack-and-Shred 80X. This shredder has a number of user-friendly features so you can shred your documents with confidence. Check out this machine's strengths and weaknesses:
- If you're looking for a machine with a high shredding capacity, the Stack-and-Shred 80X fits the bill. This cross-cut device can shred up to 80 sheets of paper at a time and best of all, you can just stick it in the machine, close the lid, and move on to something else.
- This shredder operates quietly so it's a good fit if you work in close quarters with other people. You will be able to shred your documents and people won't be bothered by the noise.
- The Stack-and-Shred 80X has a manual bypass mode and secondary feed opening. You should use these features when you want to shred up to 6 sheets manually. You also use this mode when you need to shred credit/debit cards. Whichever mode you use, you will be able to shred documents that have staples and paper clips attached to them. This will help you save time.
- This machine has self-cleaning cutters so you can expect the blades to stay sharp. Also, the device has a power-saving mode so you can reduce your energy consumption. Plus, this shredder has the ability to clear paper jams automatically so you can stay productive throughout the day.
- You will find that this device is really best for personal use due to its relatively small size. (You could easily store it under your desk.) The waste bin can hold up to 5 gallons of shreds and it pulls out like a drawer. This makes disposal really easy.
- Finally, the Stack-and-Shred 80X is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- As you can tell by reading about this shredder's strengths, you won't be able to shred CD's or DVD's with this device. You also won't be able to shred floppy disks.
- This shredder can work non-stop for up to 10 minutes. However, it then needs to cool off for about 40 minutes which could be inconvenient when you have a lot of shredding to do. The machine does have an LED indicator to let you know when you can continue shredding.
The Stack-and-Shred 80X is another great paper shredder from Swingline. This device has a lot of special features including the 80-sheet shredding capacity, the self-cleaning cutters, and the ability to automatically clear up paper jams. Plus, the shredder runs quietly and it's small so it won't take up very much room. Yes, this machine has a couple of weaknesses which you should take into consideration. However, if the weaknesses don't bother you, you'll probably love the Stack-and-Shred 80X. Check it out today to see if it's the right paper shredder for you.