Sorry, but Tamerica SecureBind V400-M Punch is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $122.90
You Save: 27%
Your Price: $137.95
You Save: 50%
- Binding Style: SecureBind/VeloBind
- Punch/Bind Method: Manual
- Punching Format: Horizontal
- Sheet Capacity: 20 Sheets
- Max Punch Length: 11"
- SecureBind/VeloBind Pin Format: 4-pin
- Shipping Weight: 5 lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 12.25" x 4" x 3"
- Color: Black
- Warranty: One-year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Part Number: TV400-M
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a look at the SecureBind V400-M, a 4-pin securebind manual hole punch by Tamerica. Compatible with the VeloBind binding systems, this 4-pin punch is a great little machine which has all that you need for on-the-go binding. Step-by-step, first start with the covers. Set the margin control so that all punches are consistent throughout your project and make your punch. Continue on through the rest of your project, punching holes in all the sheets in small batches, four to eight at a time. With all punches made, assemble your book and place a 4-pin bind with the points facing up and the project faced down. Thread the project on and put the backing on the bind, the grooves facing out. With the little tool, snap down each pin from the outside in. Turn your page around and do the other side. Check out our how to videos on how to edit a book like this. And there you go, you're all set. That's the SecureBind V400-M by Tamerica. For more demos, reviews, and how tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com
Tamerica SecureBind V400-M Punch Review
Are you looking for a device that can help you out with your VeloBind and/or SureBind projects? If so, you should take a look at the Tamerica SecureBind V400-M. This is a punch that can help you prepare your documents for binding. This device is compact and easy to use, but it does have some limitations. Check out its strengths and weaknesses:
- The V400-M is designed to help you punch holes in your documents. This device can punch four holes at a time, so it's suitable for use with VeloBind and SureBind machines that work with 4-pin binding strips.
- This punch can process up to 20 sheets are a time which will be helpful when you're preparing shorter and medium-length documents. Also, using this device is a snap. You can just stick your sheets in the punching channel and push down on the lever. It doesn't get much easier than that.
- The V400-M is quite compact. It's about the size of a regular three-hole punch so you shouldn't have any trouble finding room for it. You can even store it in a desk drawer when you're not using it. The device's measurements are just 4" (height) x 12.25" (width) x 3" (depth).
- If you ever need to edit your documents after binding them, you can take advantage of the debinding tool that accompanies this punch. The tool is easy to use and will enable you to edit your work in seconds.
- This punch is pretty durable so you should be able to get a lot of use out of it. The device comes with a limited 1-year warranty.
- The V400-M is designed for use with letter-sized paper. This will be obviously problematic if you want to use paper of varying sizes, such as legal-sized or half-letter sheets.
- Since this device can only punch up to 20 sheets at time, it will take you a while to prepare very thick documents. If you regularly need to produce thick books, a modular punch would be a better choice.
- Obviously, the V400-M is only a punch. To complete the binding process, you will need to have either a VeloBind or a SureBind machine. You will want to make sure that you have four-pin strips at your disposal since this device won't work with 6- and 10-pin strips.
As you can see, the Tamerica SureBind V400-M is a handy (if basic) device that can be very helpful if you need to prepare shorter documents. This punch is easy to use, it can process up to 20 sheets at a time, and it's nice and compact so you can store it just about anywhere. And it's great that a debinding tool comes with this device. However, you should take the V400-M's weaknesses into account, especially if you need to produce thick documents. But if this device sounds like the right binding punch for your needs, check it out today.