- Transparent Safety Guard : A cut can only be executed if the hinged safety guard is in the closed position and the blade safety catch is released.
- Hand Crank : The calibrated hand crank and front table measurement scale ensure precise back gauge positioning
- Spindle Clamp With Hand Wheel : The hand wheel is used to apply even clamping pressure along the entire cutting width.
- Measurement Scale : The precision measurement scale on the front table allows precise back gauge positioning.
- Safe Blade Changes : Blade changes can be made without removing the machine covers. The handy blade changing device covers the cutting edge of blade.
- Easy Cutting Stick Change : Cutting sticks can be turned or changed easily from the outside of the machine— no tools are required.
- Cutting Width:18 3/4"
- Cutting Height : 2 3/4"
- Narrow Cut : 1 3/16"
- Cutting Length Behind Blade: 18 1/4"
- Table Length in Front of Blade: 8 1/8"
- Dimensions: 34 3/8" x 40 1/2" x 20" (50" H w/stand)
- Shipping Weight: 297 lbs. (320 w/stand)
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
MBM Triumph 4705 Manual Paper Cutter Review
MBM, a company based in South Carolina, makes some of the best paper handling tools available. They even make high-quality paper cutters such as the heavy-duty Triumph 4705. This device is well-constructed, has a terrific cutting capacity, and is safe to use. Here's a look at its strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if it's the right trimmer for your workplace.
The Triumph 4705 can slice through 2.75" pieces of paper at once. Since the cutting capacity is so great, you'll be able to cut more than 500 sheets of paper at a time which is truly a tremendous amount.
This is a great cutter to use if you want to cut large sheets of paper. There's 8.125" of space in front of the blade and 18.25" behind it. You can cut paper that's up to 18.75" wide so you'll be able to process letter-, legal-, and tabloid-sized sheets. (And, of course, you can also trim smaller pieces.)
The Triumph 4705 has a unique spindle clamp that will keep your sheets aligned while also applying just the right amount of pressure. This feature ensures you'll get the perfect cut every time you use this cutter.
This trimmer is very durable and is made from metal parts. Solingen steel was used to make the blade so you can be sure this machine is well-constructed.
This device has adequate safety features including a transparent safety guard. The guard is located at the front of the machine and it locks down to keep your hands away from the blade. There's also a blade lock so the blade won't come down unexpectedly. Plus, you can adjust the blade and change the cutting stick from outside the device.
Finally, the Triumph 4705 is backed by a one-year warranty.
The Triumph 4705 is extremely large with dimensions of 34.875" x 40.5" x 20". Due to its size, you may have trouble finding room for it on a desk or table. There is a stand available for this device but it's sold separately. If you choose to use the stand, the entire unit will be 50" tall instead of 20".
This cutter is very heavy - it weighs 297 pounds. The shipping costs might be a bit high and you're going to find it difficult to move the device around even with assistance.
The MBM Triumph 4705 is an excellent, if large, cutter. This device has a phenomenal cutting capacity that will enable you to trim hundreds of sheets almost instantly. Since the table is so large, you'll be able to cut large and small pieces of paper, making this device very versatile. And you can be sure that you'll remain safe when using this machine because it's packed with great safety features. While it's disappointing that the Triumph 4705 doesn't come with a stand, overall this is terrific paper cutter and one that would be a great choice if you need such a device.