- SCS (Safety Cutting System) package: hinged, transparent electronically controlled front safety guard; transparent safety cover on rear table; main switch and safety lock with key; electronically controlled, true two-hand operation; 24 volt controls (low voltage); patented IDEAL safety drive; automatic blade return from every position; automatic clamp return from every position; disc brake for instant blade stop; blade and cutting stick can be changed without removing covers; blade changing device covers cutting edge of blade; blade depth adjustment from outside of machine
- High storage capacity, programmable EP back gauge control module with 10 button keypad and LED display stores 9 programs (up to 9 steps each) and frequently used measurements
- Up to 9 repeat cuts can be integrated into a program in a single step
- Digital measurement readout in cm or inches (accurate to 1/10 mm or 1/100 inch)
- Control module features repeat cut and eject functions
- "set" function key for reference measurement
- Self-diagnostic system with error indication on display
- Eletric blade, clamp, and back gauge drive
- Solingen steel blade
- Solid steel blade carrier and adjustable blade guides
- Automatic clamp is guided on both sides to apply even pressure along entire cutting width (can be lowered or raised independently from blade)
- Dual side guides on front and rear tables
- Spindle-guided back gauge with narrow separations and plastic gliders
- Electronic hand wheel with variable speed control for manual back gauge setting
- Bright, LED optical cutting line
- All-metal construction
- Stand with storage shelf
- UL and C UL approved
- Cutting Width: 20 3/8"
- Cutting Height : 3"
- Narrow Cut :1 3/8"
- Cutting Length Behind Blade: 17 11/16"
- Table Length in Front of Blade: 13 5/8"
- Motor: 2 hp
- Power Supply: 115 V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions: 38 1/4" x 29 3/4" x 48 1/2"
- Shipping Weight: 556 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
MBM Corporation presents the Triumph Cutters 4810 D, 4850 D, 4850 EP and 6550 EP. The machines in the 48 model line have a cutting width of 18 7/8" and a cutting height of 3". The 4810 D with an electric blade drive and a manual spindle clamping system also has a safety lock and key, a main switch and a hinge transparent safety guard for the front table. These features are all part of the SCS Safety Cutting System. This cutter's cutting length is 17 11/16". The two side guides on both the front and rear tables are especially helpful for the exact positioning of the paper. The hand crank allows users to adjust the precise spindle-guided back gauge quickly and easily to the required cutting position. The optical cutting line with bright and durable LEDs allows quick and convenient cutting and trimming. The disengage mechanism on the crank prevents the measurement from being accidentally altered. The clamp pressure of the manual spindle clamp, which is guided on both sides, can be individually adjusted by the large hand wheel for different paper qualities. If the clamp and the electronically controlled safety cover are closed, the cut is actuated by two push buttons. This electronically controlled true two-hand operation ensures top safety for the operator. Our blades are made of high-quality steel for a perfect cut every time. The 4850 D, with its electric blade drive and automatic clamp, is extraordinarily easy to operate. The automatic clamp can be moved up and down independent of the blade by actuating the corresponding push buttons. When a cut is started, both the blade and the clamp are activated at the same time. The 4850 EP combines all the features of the previous models, plus a programmable power back gauge which ensures optimum workflow. Ninety-nine programs with 99 steps each are available in the program load. Alternatively, the power back gauge can be positioned over the control module by using the key pad or the memory function for repeat cuts. What's more, the back gauge can be manually positioned using the electronic hand wheel with infinitely variable speed control and an accuracy of 100th of an inch. This model is also available as the 6550 EP with a cutting width of 25 ½" and a cutting length of 24". The SCS Safety Cutting System developed especially for our cutters provides safety even when the machine is not in operation. For instance, the blade depth can be easily adjusted from outside the machine. You can change the blade without removing the machine covers. Our blade changing device covers the cutting edge to make blade changing safe and easy. All these cutters are powered by a single-phase motor. Depending on individual customer requirements, we supply the perfect solution for the exact cutting and trimming of paper stacks or bound brochures. For more information, please check out www.mbmcorp.com. Triumph - Quality Made in Germany.
MBM Triumph 5255 Automatic Programmable Paper Cutter Review
MBM has an excellent reputation when it comes to office products. Though their Triumph 5255 is actually produced by their parent company, IDEAL, you will find the same high quality craftsmanship that MBM is known for. This programmable paper cutter is automatically manipulated for exact cuts, every time. It is also full of safety features to keep operation injury free. Here is a closer look.
MBM's Safety Cutting System is designed to aid in the prevention of injury during operation. It includes features such as transparent shields on both sides of the blade, automatic clamp return, and disk brakes for immediate cutting cessation. The cutting sticks, blade, and depth can all be adjusted without removing the machine's covers, never exposing the sharp edge. These along with two-handed operation ensure that your office stays injury-free while using this machine.
The biggest strength of this device is the programming available. An LED display with a 10-digit keypad stores as many as 99 programs and frequently used settings. Each job can have up to nine repeat cut. The panel also has an eject function for when the job is done. A self-diagnostic system alerts the user to any errors that may occur. It also provides a "set" function key for measurement reference. Lastly, an electronic hand wheel allows variable speed control.
The digital display shows the exact position of the back end gauge. This, along with the optical cutting line, helps to ensure you achieve the perfect cut every time. The back gauge is controlled by a front spindle with narrow separations and plastic guiders. Dual side guides on both the rear and front tables ensure straight feeding of the paper.
Materials are sliced cleanly through by a solid Solingen steel blade. Solid steel blade carriers and adjustable blade guides as well as all-metal construction add to the sturdiness of this cutter. This heavy duty device is likely to last well past the one year warranty.
The blade can slice through a height of three inches, allowing you to cut through a ream of paper with room to spare. The cutter handles materials almost 19 inches wide. Behind the blade is about 18 inches of space with 13.5 inches in front for excess material. Slices can be as narrow as 1.25 inches.
The clamp may leave an indentation on the first few pages being cut. Often this can be fixed by adjusting the pressure and doesn't usually present a big issue. For a truly professional look every time with mark-free results, we suggest a hydraulic machine, such as the 5550EP.
As with any large machinery, this is a heavy piece of equipment. It weighs about 556 pounds and doesn't have casters for ease of mobility. Make sure you have room for this size of a cutter before you buy; it most likely won't work well in smaller offices.
Clearly evidenced by the many strengths, the Triumph 5255 is more than capable of handling the trimming needs of any bustling print shop or copy shop. In fact, any business cutting large quantities of paper on a regular basis would benefit from the addition of this machine to their office. With a plethora of safety and automated features, this device offers convenience and efficiency while being safe to operate. We think the 5255 is an excellent choice for your next heavy duty paper cutter.