Tamerica DuraWire 450 Manual Twin Loop Wire Closer
208 NewCondition InStock
Tamerica DuraWire 450 Manual Twin Loop Wire Closer (TDURAWIRE450)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
The Tamerica DuraWire 450 manual Wire Closer is a heavy duty manual wire closer designed to close twin loop wire binding spines up to 14" in length. The rugged steel construction of the DuraWire 450 makes it perfect for high volume applications and it competitive price makes it a natural choice for most users. This heavy duty manual wire closer is designed to close both 3:1 and 2:1 pitch wire (it also works great with 19 loop wire). Use this along with your wire punch to increase speed and efficiency when assembling your books.
- Heavy Duty All metal wire closing machine
- Closes wire up to legal size documents and more due to open ends.
- Closes up to 1 1/4" diameter wire loops.
- Compatible with all standard wire punching formats, 3:1 & 2:1
- Wire binding guide
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Write Your Own Review
Transcript: Welcome to MyBinding video. This is Tamerica's Durawire Closer 450, a manual twin loop wire closer. This is a workhorse of a machine that allows you to close wires quickly as you bind your books. A chart on the front helps you choose the right size wire and this machine can handle a quarter-inch to one-and-a-quarter-inch in wire diameter size. The two large knobs, or screws, on the back of the machine help you set your settings so that wire closer does not close too far. You set both sides at the same time, nice and even, and lock it down with the second screw. Then you're ready to go. With th ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is Tamerica's Durawire Closer 450, a manual twin loop wire closer. This is a workhorse of a machine that allows you to close wires quickly as you bind your books. A chart on the front helps you choose the right size wire and this machine can handle a quarter-inch to one-and-a-quarter-inch in wire diameter size. The two large knobs, or screws, on the back of the machine help you set your settings so that wire closer does not close too far. You set both sides at the same time, nice and even, and lock it down with the second screw. Then you're ready to go. With the handle all the way up, and the ?C" shape of the open wire down into the throat of the machine, you close it up and the wire closes with it. With your setting is correct, it's a perfect bind every time. The Durawire 450 is compatible with 2:1 and 3:1 pitch wire, enabling you to have only one closer for different punching machines. The leverage on this machine is great, so closing is very simple and fast. That's it, that's the Tamerica Durawire Closer 450. For more demos, reviews and how to's, check out MyBinding.com.
Tamerica Tashin Durawire 450 Manual Twin Loop Wire Closer Review
- The Tamerica Durawire 450 is a high quality heavy duty wire closer designed for high volume users who need to bind documents with double loop wire.
- This machine is designed to close "C" shaped wire-o, double loop, spiral-o, wirebind, twin loop, and double-o elements into round binding spines.
- The Durawire 450 is a legal sized wire closer that is an ideal companion to your heavy duty interchangeable die modular binding punch. In fact, this machine is designed specifically for print shops, binderies, printers, copy shops and high volume users.
- Although it is difficult to tell from pictures on the internet, the Tamerica Durawire-450 is actually a heavy duty commercial quality wire closer. It has a large steel base and uses heavy duty metal components for added durability. The Durawire 450 is designed for high volume binding applications where hundreds of documents need to be bound every day.
- Like most of the other high quality wire binding machines on the market, the Durawire 450 uses two heavy duty metal adjustment knobs to adjust the closing mechanism. These knobs are used to adjust the closer for different sizes of wire. They can also be used to adjust the closer from left to right to compensate for inconsistencies with your wire binding spines.
- This machine is adjustable and is capable of closing almost all of the different sizes of wire that are available on the market. It is compatible with both small size 3:1 pitch wires and with large 2:1 pitch spines. It can even be used with 19 ring spiral-o wire combs. The Durawire 450 can be used to close 3/16" wires and wires as large as 1-1/4" in diameter. The only size of wire that is not compatible with this machine is 1-1/2" wire.
- The Durawire-450 is a legal sized opener that is designed to close spines up to fourteen inches in length. It can be used for any size of document up to 14" in length including letter, legal, A4 and half letter sized spines. Plus this machine has open ends and can be used for closing larger sized documents using a two step process.
- Although the Durawire-450 is both durable and versatile, it is still a manual device. In order to use it you have to first hang the pages of your document onto your wire spine and then you have to transport the spine to the wire closer. It can sometimes be difficult to move the document into the wire closer without having the pages fall off. With practice this can become easier.
- However, the highest volume users may want to consider an electric wire closing machine such as the GBC TL-2900. The TL2900 allows you to hang the pages on your wires in place. This eliminates the need to move the document to the wire closer and greatly improves productivity. However, it is also a much more expensive solution.
- The Tamerica Durawire 450 is ideal for organizations that need to close different sizes and lengths of twin loop wire.
- It is an ideal choice for print shops, in plant printers, copy shops, binderies and other organizations that need to bind a large number of documents.
- The Durawire 450 is strong, durable and is capable of binding almost every size and length of wire imaginable.
Hello, do you also deliver to Germany/Europe? How much would be additional shipping of this item: Tamerica DuraWire 450 Manual Twin Loop Wire Closer Part #: TDURAWIRE450Brand: Tamerica, $223.99 Thanks for a short info. Bruno
Asked by Bruno Uetz
Thank you for your question. We do ship internationally. If you put items in your cart and view the cart, you can enter your country and postal code to get the shipping cost. For international orders we accept PayPal or wire transfer (there is a $50 fee for wire transfers). Please contact our customer service department directly if you need assistance placing the order and we would be happy to help.
Answered by MyBinding