- Model NameModelBaseTrimming CapabilitySheet CapacityMax Cut LengthPaper ClampGridline Surface Area Dimensions
- W123/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 12"L2011.75"No12.5" x 11.5"
- W153/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 15"L2014.50"No12.5" x 14.5"
- W183/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 18"L2017.50"No18.5" x 17.5"
- W243/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 24"L2023.50"No18.5" x 23.5"
- W303/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 30"L2029.50"No23.5" x 29.5"
- W363/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 36"L2036.50"No23.5" x 36.5"
Premier Polyboard 18 Inch Guillotine Paper Cutter (P218X)
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 10 sheets at once
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty (includes blades)
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Dimensions: 14" x 26" x 3"
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- UPC Code: 11991018004
- Cutting Length: 18"
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts and 90 Days Labor / Lifetime on Blades
Premier P218X Polyboard Guillotine Paper Cutter Review
Martin Yale makes paper cutters that are ideal for a variety of environments, including offices and schools. One thatâs just right for the classroom and workplace is the Premier P218X. Hereâs everything you need to know about it.
- The P218X can only cut 10 sheets at a time. This cutting capacity will be fine if you plan on using this trimmer for smaller jobs. However, it simply wonât cut it (no pun intended) if you need to cut a lot of paper often. While you could use it for larger jobs, it will take up a lot of time which isnât great if youâre in a hurray.
- This cutter can trim paper thatâs up to 18 inches long. This is the ideal cutting length: itâs not too big and not too small. Youâll be able to use this trimmer to cut both letter- and legal-sized sheets, as well as tabloid-sized paper. All in all, this is a great cutting length.
- The P218X is made from really durable materials. The base is made out of polyboard, which is a type of unbreakable plastic. The blade is honed from stainless steel and is self-sharping for easy maintenance. Because this device is made from such great materials, you can expect to get a lot of use out of it.
- If you want to use a cutter thatâs very safe, the P218X would be a great choice. This trimmerâs blade is spring-loaded so it wonât fly up without warning. (It wonât come crashing down either.) Every time you lower the blade, it will latch so it csn stray down. This helps prevent someone from accidentally touching the edge of the blade. Thereâs also a full-length finger guard that further prevents injury.
- The P218Xâs base has an alignment grid as well as metric and standard rulers so you so you can easily measure your paper before cutting it. (There are actually two standard rulers. One is at the top and the other is located right in the middle of the base.) This device lacks more specialized cutting guides, which is disappointing.
- This cutter has dimensions of 14â (width) x 26â (depth) x 3â (height). You should be able to find room for it quite easily. However, you might have trouble using larger sheets of paper with this device since itâs not very wide.
- The P218X comes with a terrific limited lifetime warranty that even covers the blade.
The Premier P218X is a basic guillotine paper cutter and it would be a good choice for offices and schools that are looking for something durable and safe to use. With a polyboard base and stainless steel blade, youâll be able to get a lot of use out of this product for a long time. The only real disadvantage to using this device is the cutting capacity. Itâs not fit for heavy-duty use and even if you tried to use it for big cutting jobs, it would get really tedious in a hurry. However, if the cutting capacity is fine with ou, be sure to check out the P218X today so you can decide if itâs right for your needs.