- Model NameModelBaseTrimming CapabilitySheet CapacityMax Cut LengthPaper ClampGridline Surface Area Dimensions
- W123/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 12"L2011.75"No12.5" x 11.5"
- W153/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 15"L2014.50"No12.5" x 14.5"
- W183/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 18"L2017.50"No18.5" x 17.5"
- W243/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 24"L2023.50"No18.5" x 23.5"
- W303/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 30"L2029.50"No23.5" x 29.5"
- W363/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 36"L2036.50"No23.5" x 36.5"
Premier SharpCut 12 Inch Guillotine Paper Trimmer (T12)
- Medium-duty 1/2" thick wood base
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 15 sheets at once
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts and 90 Days Labor / Lifetime on Blades
- Dimensions: 13.25" x 19.5" x 2"
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- UPC Code: 11991999129
- Cutting Length: 12"
Premier T12 SharpCut Guillotine Paper Trimmer Review
Do you need a high-quality guillotine paper cutter for working with letter-sized paper? If so, one product to take a look at is the Premier T12 SharpCut produced by Martin Yale. Here are its strengths and weaknesses. Check them out so you can decide if you this is the right paper cutter for your particular needs.
- The T12 SharpCut is a great cutter to use if you're working with letter-sized documents. It has a 12-inch cutting length that makes it easy to process paper that measures 8.5â x 11â. You can also cut smaller items if you want.
- This trimmer is actually quite compact. It has dimensions of 13.25â (width) x 19.5â (depth) x 2â (height), so it won't take up all of your work surface. Plus, it will be easy to move because it only weighs 5 pounds.
- The T12 SharpCut has a blade that's made out of stainless steel. The blade can sharpen itself so it will always be ready for use with no maintenance required.
- When you buy a guillotine cutter, you need to put some thought into what safety features it has. Luckily, this product has ones that are very helpful. First, there's a blade latch that locks automatically every time you cut. The blade also has a torsion spring which keeps it from swinging up or falling down. And there's also a guard that helps keep your fingers away from the blade.
- This cutter is very well-made and it's been constructed from good materials such as stainless steel. The base is made out of wood that's 1/2â thick so you can expect to be able to get a lot of use out of this device
- Speaking of the base, it's imprinted with an alignment grid with both metric and standard measurements. The grid makes it easy to cut your paper right where you need to, however there are no other cutting guides on the base.
- The T12 SharpCut is backed by a lifetime warranty for your convenience.
- Unfortunately, the T12 SharpCut doesn't have the best cutting capacity. It can only cut up to 15 sheets at once. This won't be a problem if you plan on using this trimmer for small jobs, but it would definitely be problematic if you need to process a lot of paper quickly.
- Also, this device is meant for paper that's 8.5â x 11â or smaller. If you need to trim larger sheets, you'll need a bigger trimmer. One option would be the T15 SharpCut since it has a 15-inch cutting length.
The Premier T12 SharpCut is a pretty basic paper trimmer, but it's a good one. It's made out of high-quality materials so you can get your money's worth out of it and the lifetime warranty is an excellent addition. This trimmer also has some great safety features so you can work with it without running into any problems. So long as the cutting length and capacity work for you, you should check out the T12 SharpCut today.