Fellowes Refurbished Powershred HS-660 High Security Paper Shredder Head - 3306401 - Security Level (3936201)
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Can Shred: Paper
- Casters: Yes
- Color: GRAY / BLACK
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Item Number: 3306401
- Cut Size: 1/32" x 3/16"
- Cut Type: High Security
- DIN Level: 6
- Item (with cabinet) H x W x D (inches): 36.5"H x 19.25"W x 18.5"D
- Jam Technology: None
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 65dB
- Oil Technology: Automatic
- Paper Entry Width: 10"
- Sheet Capacity: 6
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- Motor Size (HP): 1.7
- Power Supply: 120V - 15 amp outlet required for optimal performance
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer, 1 Year on Cutting Cylinders
Fellowes Powershred HS-660 High-Security Paper Shredder Review
Security is an important consideration when choosing a paper shredder. Luckily, there are plenty of machines that offer extremely high levels of security so you can shred confidential documents with confidence. One such device is the Fellowes Powershred HS-660, a machine that has a very high-security rating among other features. Check out this machine's strengths and weaknesses to determine if it's the right machine for you:
- The HS-660 is a high-security shredder with a Level 6 rating, which is the highest possible rating. It has been approved by the National Security Agency and Department of Defense for the shredding of highly confidential documents. Thus, it's an excellent choice if security is important to you.
- This shredder has a continuous-duty motor so you will be able to shred documents non-stop. The feed opening is 10" wide so it can accommodate large and small pieces of paper. Also, the machine has the ability to start shredding automatically for your convenience.
- The HS-660 can be ordered as a complete unit or you can order the shredder head and bin/cabinet separately. The waste bin has a 26-gallon capacity, so it's recommended if you plan on shredding a lot of documents on a regular basis.
- This machine has a reverse feature that you can use if there's ever a paper jam. (You will know a jam has occurred because the shredder will shut down.) Also, the device has a safety interlock switch that prevents unauthorized use.
- Finally, the HS-660 is covered by a 1-year warranty so you can have it repaired or replaced in case it malfunctions.
- Most high-security shredders don't have impressive shredding capacities and that happens to be the case with the HS-660. The machine can only shred about 6 sheets of paper per pass. However, the continuous-duty motor ensures that you will be able to shred a lot quickly.
- This shredder lacks anti-jam technology. As a result, you should only shred 6 sheets per pass so you don't cause a paper jam.
- Although this device has an interlock switch, it would be really nice if it was equipped with Fellowes' SafeSense feature. This feature causes the machine to stop shredding if hands or other non-paper objects are close to the feed opening.
- The HS-600 is very large with approximate dimensions of 37" (height) x 19" (width) x 19" (depth). You will need a fair amount of room for it, so it might not be the best choice for smaller offices.
As you can see, the best feature of the Fellowes Powershred HS-660 is its security rating. Not only does it have a Level 6 rating, it's received approval from the National Security Agency and Department of Defense, which is great. Also, the machine has a large waste bin, a reverse mode, and a good warranty. Of course, this shredder doesn't have a terrific shredding capacity, but that's typical for a high-security machine. And while it would be nice if the HS-660 had SafeSense technology, it's nonetheless a great choice if you a shredder that will give you a lot of security. Check it out today.