- Model NameModelCutting LengthCutting CapacityDimensionsPaper ClampOptional stand
- 44014 1/8"30 sheets22" x 15"Yes
- 44220 1/8"30 sheets28" x 15"Yes
- 44426 3/8"25 sheets34 1/4" x 15"Yes
- 446S36 1/8"22 sheets44 1/8" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 448S51 1/8"20 Sheets59" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 472S72"22 Sheets79 1/2" x 15 1/8"Yes
Dahle Model 552 Professional Rolling Trimmer - 20 1/8 Inch (DAH552)
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in both directions
- Dual-barrel aluminum guide bar provides strength and accuracy
- Automatic clamp holds work securely and prevents shifting
- Ground steel blade is encased in a protective housing for safety
- Sturdy metal base with non-slip rubber feet
- Screened inch, metric and angled guides for easy alignment
- Space-saving upright storage with kickstand endcaps
- Adjustable magnetic alignment guide for sizing cuts
- German engineered for precision and accuracy
- Perfect for trimming paper, photos, and cardstock
The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Dahle 552 Professional Rolling Trimmer
A high-quality rotary trimmer is a great cutting tool to have around and one of the best is the Dahle 552. Here are its strengths and weaknesses for you to check out if youâve been looking for a good rolling trimmer.
- Rolling trimmers can sometimes be capable of only trimming a few sheets of paper at a time. However, thatâs not the case with the 552. This device can train as many as 20 sheets at once, so itâs a good choice if you need something with a decent cutting capacity.
- The 552 is also great to use if you need to work with big pieces of paper. It has a 20-1/8â cutting length so youâll be able to trim both large and small items. This is an especially good length if youâre working with banners, posters, and so on.
- This trimmer has a blade thatâs able to cut no matter which direction itâs going in. The blade is made from ground steel and it can sharpen itself so you donât need to change blades even after a lot of use. Also, the blade enclosed in plastic casing so your fingers wonât get too close to it. This helps prevent injuries.
- You can work with both sheets and rolls of paper with this device. If you choose to use rolls, thereâs an optional roll holder that attaches to this trimmer.
- The 552âs base is made out of metal so you donât have to worry about it warping or becoming cracked, unlike wood. The base has an alignment grid with both metric and standard measurements. Your documents will stay in place when you cut them thanks to the trimmerâs automatic paper clamp.
- If you want to keep this trimmer out of the way, you can have it mounted on the wall. This will help keep your work surfaces free for other items, especially since this is a pretty large device. (More on size in a moment.)
- Finally, this product comes with a limited lifetime warranty for your peace of mind.
- The 552 has a good cutting capacity, but it may not be sufficient for large projects. If you frequently need to cut a lot of paper at once, you might want to consider getting a stack cutter instead. (Dahle makes several you can choose from.)
- This trimmer measures 27-3/4â x 14-18/â so itâs pretty large. Unfortunately, it doesnât come with a floor stand like the Dahle 556 and 558 cutters, so make sure you have enough room for it or youâre comfortable with hanging it on a wall.
- Finally, the 552 is a very bright blue color that may not appeal to some people.
Conclusion: The Dahle 552 has many more strengths than weaknesses, making it a good choice for just about anybody. It has a good cutting capacity, can process larger pieces of paper, and is made out of high-quality materials. This trimmer is also safe to use and it can be mounted on a wall for convenience. So unless its size and color are off-putting, youâll want to check out the 552 today.