Akiles DuoMac C51 Plastic Comb and 5:1 Coil Binding Machine
729 NewCondition InStock
Akiles DuoMac C51 Plastic Comb and 5:1 Coil Binding Machine - Combination Systems (AKDUOMACC51)
With the Akiles DuoMac C51 you can bind documents with both Plastic Combs and 5:1 Pitch Spiral Coil. The DuoMac C51 is the only combination machine of its kind. The unique design of the C51 includes a wire closer (for use with Spiral-O 19 loop wire), a plastic comb opener and the ability to punch both a 19 hole pattern for plastic comb binding and a 5:1 pitch hole pattern for Spiral Coil Binding. Normally, you would have to use two or three different binding machines to do the same tasks as the DuoMac C51 allowing you to save space, time and money.
Please note that the Akiles DuoMac line of Binding Machines are assembled on a per order basis and normally take two to three days to ship.
- With two independent punching die sets, this versatile & easy to use combo binder allows you to punch & bind multiple systems and or different pitches.
- Punch handles
- Punch Throat & Ruler
- Depth Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each wire/comb size. Maximizes document tear resistance.
- Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide: For an easy alignment & punching of longer documents.
- Wire Closer Control: With continuous adjusting scale for an exact and secure closure every time
- Master Selector: Determines the correct: Wire Diameter, Closing Position, Depth Margin & Wire Pitch
- Diameter Scale: Measures document's thickness in order to select best wire/comb size option.
- Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easier inserting of sheets
- Waste Drawer
- Vertical Wire Closer
- Side Margin Control: Provides and evenly Centered punch for all document sizes.
- Die Disengagement Pins: All dies can be independently disengaged, allows punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation
- Wire Closer Handle
- Comb Opener Handle
- Heavy-Duty design by CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology
- Perfect for Bindery, Print Shop, Copy Center, Corporation, Advertising Agency, School, Office and more!
- Don't forget to choose from the wide selection of AKILES textured & color-coordinated Polycovers & Coil, Wire or Plastic Comb binding elements, to ensure your documents have a lasting impression!
- FREE coil crimpers with any Coil combination.
- Comb Spreader with any Comb combination.
- Built-in Wire closer with any combination.
- Electric inserter sold separately
- Comb combination is compatible with Spiral-O wire binding spines
- Single punching capacity: up to 20 sheets (20lbs paper/ letter size)
- Single punching length: 14" (13" for coil) - with Open Ends for longer sizes
- 100% disengagement dies - wire & comb (5 for Coil)
- Weight: 64lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Write Your Own Review
Akiles DuoMac C51 Plastic Comb and 5:1 Pitch Spiral Coil Binding Machine Review
- Sometimes just one binding style isn't enough. Organizations may want one look for internal documents and another for client presentations. Or perhaps two different departments are looking for different looks for their bound materials.
- The Akiles DuoMac line of binding machines allows you to combine two different binding styles quickly and easily into one machine.
- This machine offers options for binding documents with plastic combs and 5:1 pitch spiral coil.
- This is the only plastic comb / 5:1 pitch spiral coil combination machine available on the market. It includes a punch for the plastic comb pattern. A punch for the 5:1 pitch spiral coil pattern and a comb opener to open combs for inserting pages. It also includes a wire closer (this machine is built on the same template as the Duomac wire binding machines). This means that you can also use it for binding documents with 19 loop spiral-O wire.
- Using this machine you can get three completely different looks for your documents. This is impressive since most machines only offer one binding style.
- Plastic comb binding is one of the cheapest and easiest to use binding methods available on the market. This machine can handle combs from 3/16" up to 2" in diameter.
- This machine can also handle 5:1 pitch spiral coil binding (5 holes per inch). This is a special variety of spiral coil that is more tightly wound than standard 4:1 pitch coil. Some users prefer this style for its tightly wound professional look.
- This machine also includes the same great features as are found in other Akiles binding machines such as depth of punch margin controls, continuous punching guides and multiple handle operation.
- There was only so many things that Akiles could add to one machine and although this machine has almost everything else it is noticeably missing an electric spiral coil inserter. For users that do very much spiral coil binding the addition of a stand alone inserter such as the Roll-A-Coil would be highly suggested.
- With so many things added to one machine, it sort of takes on the appearance of an octopus. This machine actually has four arms (not 8) but you get the idea. It has a fairly large footprint and it can be a little bit confusing to operate.
- The supplies for spiral-o wire binding and 5:1 pitch coil binding are not nearly as common as some other binding systems. This can sometimes result in increased lead times especially for non standard colors or odd sizes.
- The Akiles Duomac C51 is extremely well built. It is made almost entirely of metal and is designed to stand up in a professional environment. In fact these machines are often chosen by print shops, binderies, copy centers and corporate offices.
- The Duomac C51 includes a free pair of coil crimpers for finishing your 5:1 pitch coil bound documents.
- As mentioned above it is not the prettiest combination but it has features not found in any other binding machine on the market.
- For users who are looking for a high quality 5:1 pitch coil binding machine or a comb binding machine this is a great option. It includes all of the features that you need to bind with Combs, Coil and Wire at a great price point.
- If you plan on using this machine a lot for coil binding you are going to want to get a stand alone coil inserter.
- This is a great choice if you want options. However, unless you are looking specifically for the 5:1 pitch coil you might want to consider the Duomac C41 which offers the same features with a 4:1 pitch coil punch instead of the 5:1.
Asked by Charles Newell
Thank you for your question. Both the Akiles DuoMac C51 and C41 measure 27" wide x 17" depth x 20" height.
Answered by MyBinding
Asked by Raegan A.
Yes the Akiles DuoMac C51 comes with a free set of coil crimping pliers (all of the Duomac Coil combination machines come with crimpers).
Answered by MyBinding.com
Asked by Nadia O.
"We offer a wide variety of colors and sizes in 5:1 pitch spiral coil here on our site. You can find it here...
Answered by MyBinding.com