MHA Multi Heat Activated Mounting Adhesive
0 NewCondition InStock
Drytac MHA Multi Heat Activated Mounting Adhesive (MHA328)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|MHA 25.5" x 328' Multi Heat Activated Mounting Adhesive||MHA25328|
|MHA 38" x 328' Multi Heat Activated Mounting Adhesive||MHA38328|
|MHA 41" x 328' Multi Heat Activated Mounting Adhesive||MHA41328|
|MHA 51" x 328' Multi Heat Activated Mounting Adhesive||MHA51328|
This MHA (Multi-Heat Adhesive) is an economical, heat activated mounting adhesive with a moisture-stable release liner. MHA's initial tack is very low, making it easy to apply. This feature allows most prints to be repositioned on MHA pre-coated boards without damage. Once satisfied with the alignment, process the graphic and board through a heated roll laminator (185 F - 220 F / 85 C - 140 C) for a permanent bond. The MHA's forgiving nature has made it a popular product with photographers for thinner "bond papers" such as graphic renderings, drawings, blueprints, color copies, courtroom displays, etc. Although MHA's initial tack is low, the bond insitantly becomes permanent once processed through a heated roll laminator. It is therefor suitable for flexible and rollable substrates such as expanded PVC graphic materials (e.g. Sintra).
- Film Width: 25.5" - 328
- Film Length: 328'
- Core Size: 3"
- Filmic Carrier: None
- Adhesive Bond: Permanent:
- Initial Tack: Very Low
- Application Speed: 1' - 8' (0.3m - 2.5m) per minute
- Adhesive Base: Solvent acrylic heat-activated
- App. Temperature: 185 F - 220 F
- Release Liner: Moisture Stable Paper (100 gsm)
- When Mounting thicker prints/ output it is recommended to increase the temperature of the heated laminator rollers to a minimum of 200 F while reducing laminator feed speed to ensure sufficient heat permeates through the print image, board and (optional) overlaminating film to activate the MHA adhesive
- We do not recommend using the laminator's idler bar when applying MHA
- MHA only works on heated roller laminators, not hot-shoe style laminators
Write Your Own Review
|Part Number||Roll Width||Roll Length||Core Size||Adhesive Base|
|MHA25328||25.5"||328'||3"||Solvent acrylic heat-activated|
|MHA38328||38"||328'||3"||Solvent acrylic heat-activated|
|MHA41328||41"||328'||3"||Solvent acrylic heat-activated|
|MHA43328||43"||328'||3"||Solvent acrylic heat-activated|
|MHA51328||51"||328'||3"||Solvent acrylic heat-activated|
MHA (Multi-Heat Adhesive) is a heat activated, solvent acrylic mounting adhesive that is protected by a moisture stable bleached Kraft diff erential release paper coated on both sides with siliconized PE. This carrier-free adhesive off ers a superior bond to fl exible and rollable substrates, such as Expanded PVC (e.g. Sintraâ¢), and is an excellent solution when paired with Drytacâs MediaShield and MHL laminates. It has a low initial tack before heat is applied that allows it to be re-positioned, and it can be heated multiple times to activate the adhesive. After activation is complete, a strong bond is formed. MHA can be die cut and is considered self-trimming since it is carrier-free.
- Recommended for mounting of canvas, where the back of the canvas and the substrate to be used are both coated with MHA and married together for a very strong bond.
- Ideal for mounting images on MDF to create plaques; can be trimmed and foiled without the images lifting.
- Suitable for manufacturing processes to create a strong bond between two substrates.
|Adhesive||Solvent Acrylic (Heat Activated)|
|Release Paper||2 Side PE Coated Bleached Kraft Differential Release Paper (Moisture Stable)|
|Film Thickness||Not Applicable (no carrier)|
|Adhesive Layer||1 mil (25Âµ)|
|Film/Adhesive Ratio||Not Applicable|
|UV Protection Factor||Not Applicable|
|Outdoor Durability||6 months will only show inconsequential changes in properties of the product|
|Service Temperature Range||-4Â°F to 175Â°F (-20Â°C to 79Â°C)|
|Shelf Life||Use within 1 year after opening original box|
|Storage Conditions||59Â°F to 72Â°F (15Â°C to 22Â°C); 50 - 55% Relative Humidity|
|Equipment Type||Temperature||Dwell Time|
|Roller Laminator||185Â°F to 220Â°F (85Â°C to 104Â°C)||1 ft to 8 ft (0.3m to 2.5m) per minute|
|Press||195Â°F (91Â°C)||3 minutes|