Premier Heavy Duty 18" Wood Paper Trimmer (PRW18)
- Heavy-duty 3/4" thick wood base
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 20 sheets at once
- Cutting length: 18"
- Accurately cuts paper, mat board, cardboard, film, tissue and textiles
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Dimensions: 26.75" x 20.75" x 4.38"
- Weight: 16 lbs.
- UPC Code: 11991021806
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts and 90 Days Labor / Lifetime on Blades
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we're looking at the Premier W18, a heavy duty 18-inch wood paper trimmer by Martin Yale. The W18 is one solid cutter; let's watch it in action. The blade safety latch is released like a trigger just under the handle. With precision craftsmanship and a self-sharpening blade, trimming is a breeze. With an 18-inch base, most anything is going to fit on this trimmer, including large, oversized documents, full length. The Premier W18 can handle up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper per trim. That was ten, double it up, here's 20; no problem. That's the Premier W18. For more demos, reviews, and how to's on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Premier W18 Heavy-Duty Wood Paper Trimmer Review
Martin Yale consistently makes some of the best paper cutters available including the Premier W18. The W18 is a guillotine trimmer that has a decent cutting capacity and the ability to trim non-paper materials. Let’s take a look at this device to see what it has to offer.
- The W18 has a good cutting capacity, especially if you need a trimmer for medium-sized jobs. It’s able to cut up to 20 sheets of paper at once, which is a decent amount for this type of trimmer.
- The cutting capacity might vary a bit depending on what you’re cutting. This device can trim a variety of non-paper materials such as cardboard, some plastic film, and even fabric. Because of this, the W18 would be a good choice for creative work environments.
- This cutter can trim items that are up to 18 inches long. This is a good cutting length for legal- and letter-sized sheets that are 14 and 11 inches long respectively. You can even trim tabloid-sized sheets (11” x 17”). However, you won’t be able to use this device to trim anything larger.
- When using a guillotine paper cutter, safety should definitely be a priority. It’s easy to stay safe with the W18 thanks to a few different features. There’s a full-length finger guard that will prevent your hands from coming into contact with the blade. The blade itself has a torsion spring at the base of it the will keep it in place whether it’s raised or lowered. And when the blade is lowered, it will latch automatically so no one will get hurt.
- The base of this trimmer has both English and metric measurements on it. The alignment grid has squares that are 1/2” wide for your convenience. However, there are no specialized cutting guides.
- The W18 is made from high-quality materials. It has a wooden base that’s 3/4” thick and can withstand heavy-duty use. (The base also has rubber feet on the bottom so the trimmer will stay in place.) Meanwhile, the blade is self-sharpening and is made out of stainless steel for durability. The handle of the device was designed to be ergonomically friendly and is soft to the touch.
- This trimmer has approximate dimensions of 27″ (depth) x 21″ (width) x 4″ (height). It will take up a fair bit of room, but the terrific cutting length more than makes up for it.
- This trimmer is backed by a lifetime warranty that includes the blade.
The Premier W18 would be a great choice if you need something with an 18-inch cutting length that’s also durable. It’s great that this device can trim non-paper items and that it’s made from high-quality materials. This cutter also has adequate safety features so you’ll be able to have a safe trimming experience whether you’re working with paper or another material. While it would be nice if this trimmer had specialized cutting guides, overall this is one product that’s worth a look. So if you need a paper cutter, take a look at the W18 today.