- Model NameModelBaseTrimming CapabilitySheet CapacityMax Cut LengthPaper ClampGridline Surface Area Dimensions
- W123/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 12"L2011.75"No12.5" x 11.5"
- W153/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 15"L2014.50"No12.5" x 14.5"
- W183/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 18"L2017.50"No18.5" x 17.5"
- W243/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 24"L2023.50"No18.5" x 23.5"
- W303/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 30"L2029.50"No23.5" x 29.5"
- W363/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 36"L2036.50"No23.5" x 36.5"
Premier Heavy Duty 36" Wood Paper Trimmer With Clamp (WC36)
- Heavy-duty 3/4" thick wood base
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 20 sheets at once
- Cutting length: 36"
- Accurately cuts paper, mat board, cardboard, film, tissue and textiles
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty (includes blades)
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Model WC36 features an automatic paper clamp
- Dimensions: 47.25" x 25.25" x 5.50"
- Weight: 58 lbs.
- UPC: 0-11991-01360-3
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts and 90 Days Labor / Lifetime on Blades
Premier W36 Wood Paper Trimmer Review
There aren't a lot of paper trimmers out there that can cut both paper and other materials, especially if they're oversized. If you're looking for a cutter that can do so, you should check out the Premier W36 from Martin Yale. Here's what you need to know about this trimmer.
The W36 has a decent cutting capacity, especially if you're planning on using it for medium-sized jobs. It can cut a maximum of 20 sheets of paper at a time.
As mentioned above, this device is capable of trimming a variety of other materials. Some of the items it can process include fabric, mat board, and some plastics. That makes this cutter very versatile so you can use it for almost all your cutting needs. It would be especially handy for creative purposes.
If you need to work with large-format materials, you can use this device to get the job done. The W36 can handle items that are up to 36 inches long, which is pretty terrific. This is the largest of Premier's series of wood trimmers. (The other ones have cutting lengths ranging from 12" to 20".)
This is a really well-made cutter. The blade is made out of high-quality metal and is durable enough for repeated use. Meanwhile, this trimmer's base is made out of solid wood that's 3/4" thick. Both of these materials made this product perfect for heavy-duty use.
The base of this device has an alignment grid printed on it. The grid has both metric and standard measurements, and each of the squares are 1/2" wide. There are rubber feet on the bottom of the base so that the cutter will remain still when you use it.
This is the only trimmer in Premier's wood series that comes with an automatic paper clamp. The clamp is a welcome addition to this product because it will help your materials stay in one place as you cut them. Using the clamp will enable you to perfectly cut all your items so you won't end up with a botched job and lost time.
In addition to all of the characteristics already mentioned, the W36 has a couple of safety features that you need to know about. First, the blade has a torsion spring that enables it to stay in place, so it won't fly up or come down when you least expect it. The blade will lock every time it's in the "down" position for even more safety. Finally, there's a finger guard so that your hands won't accidentally be placed in harm's way.
The W36 is pretty large, so you'll want to make sure you have enough room for it. It has dimensions of 47.25" (depth) x 25.25" (width) x 5.50" (height) and it weighs almost 60 pounds.
Finally, the W36 comes with a lifetime warranty that includes the blade.
Overall, the Premier W36 is the paper cutter to get if you want one that can withstand heavy-duty use and cut non-paper materials. Although this device is pretty large, it has so many features that makes it ideal for use in today's work environments. If the W36 sounds good to you, be sure to take a look at it today.