MediaShield Heatset Satinex UV 3mil 38" x 328' Overlaminate
486.74 NewCondition InStock
Drytac MediaShield Heatset Satinex UV 3mil 38" x 328' Overlaminate (SX38328)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|MediaShield Heatset Satinex UV 3mil 51" x 328' Overlaminate||SX51328|
MediaShield Satinex UV 3mil 38" x 328' is one of Drytac's most versatile overlaminating films, offering a broad range of applications. This HeatSet PVC overlaminating film has a semi-gloss finish, which enhances color saturation and contrast. MediaShield Satinex UV bonds to inkjet output with high ink coverage, even inkjet prints printed on photo gloss paper. This film can also be flush trimmed without danger of delamination. It is excellent for textured images, digital photo laser output (Lambda / LightJet), or laminating a collage or images to be die-cut. Get 38" x 328' of 3mil MediaShield Heatset Satinex UV film with every order. Product number SX38328.
- Film Width: 38"
- Film Length: 328'
- Film Thickness: 3.0mil
- Core Size: 3"
- Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Base Film: 2.0mil (50 micron) PVC (vinyl)
- Adhesive: 1.0 mil (25 micron) solvent acrylic
- Initial Tack: Low
- Application Speed: 1' - 6' per minute
- Application Temperature: 185 F - 210 F
- Release Liner: Moisture Stable Paper (70gsm)
- A hybrid between thermal and pressure sensitive films.
- Co-extruded for a carefully balanced ratio of polyester film to adhesive.
- Bond well to inkjet output with high ink coverage - even on photo gloss paper and digital photo laser output (Lambda / Lightjet).
- Image can be trimmed flush, or even die-cut without fear of delamination.
- Due to its quick setup / curing time, MediaShield laminated graphics can be handled or rolled immediately after processing.
- Protected by a release liner because the adhesive on these films is slightly tacky when cool.
Write Your Own Review
Tips and Technical Data
Tips For Applying MediaShield UV Heatset Films:
- MediaShield UV Heatset films are an excellent choice for laminating multiple images which have been mounted onto a single board or substrate because they minimize air entrapment around the edges of each image.
- To keep the film from stretching as it becomes soft and pliable when heated, apply only minimal brake tension to the unwind supply shaft and the release liner take-up.
- Mediashield and thermal overlaminating films can be combined when encapsulating a graphic. For example: MediaShield Emerytex on the front and MHL White Backing on the back of the image is an ideal combination for trade show applications.
- Adjust the take up shaft so that the release liner is removed just prior to entering the nip rollers. By reducing the adhesive's exposure to the air, there is less chance of picking up dust particles.
MediaShield Satinex is a 2 mil (50µ) phthalate-free, UV stabilized, clear PVC laminating film with a semi-gloss finish, coated on one side with a heat activated solvent acrylic adhesive that is protected by a moisture stable bleached Kraft gridded release paper coated on one side with siliconized PE.
- Bonds to inkjet output with high ink coverage, even inkjet prints printed on photo gloss paper.
- Can be flush trimmed without danger of delamination.
- Ideal for textured images, Lambda output, laminating a collage, or images that are die-cut.
|Adhesive||Solvent Acrylic (Heat Activated)|
|Release Liner||1 Side PE Coated Bleached Kraft Grid Paper (Moisture Stable)|
|Film Thickness||2 mil (50µ)|
|Adhesive Layer||1 mil (25µ)|
|UV Protection Factor||Film contains UV stabilizers, which prevent film degradation and provide UV protection to the underlying image|
|Outdoor Durability||Not Applicable|
|Service Temperature Range||-4°F to 203°F (-20°C to 95°C)|
|Peel Strength (20 min, FTM1)||18 N/25mm|
|Shelf Life||Use within 1 year after opening original box|
|Storage Conditions||59°F to 72°F (15°C to 22°C); 50 - 55% Relative Humidity|
|Roller Laminator||185°F to 215°F (85°C to 102°C)||1 ft to 8 ft (0.3m to 2.5m) per minute|
|Press||185°F to 210°F (85°C to 99°C) Dwell Time: 2-8 minutes|