Formax FD 7202 Series High-Volume Folder and Inserter (FD-7202)
- Modular Design: Flexibility to add feed stations, from 1 to 11.
- Intuitive User Interface: 22" color touchscreen, with context-sensitive help on every screen.
- Quick and Easy Setup: Automatic job setup with document & envelope library.
- Programmable Jobs: Unlimited.
- Flats Insertion: Inserts into landscape format flat envelopes, up to 10" x 13".
- Versatile: Inserts sets of up 50 sheets into flats, and thin booklets up to 6mm thick.
- Fast: Processes up to 5,000 envelopes per hour.
- Duty Cycle: Up to 200,000 envelopes per month.
- Powerful Folding Capacity: Folds up to 8 sheets at a time.
- Fold Types: C, Z, Half, Double Parallel and no fold.
- Auto Fold Plate Adjustment: Simply set the first fold plate and the second sets itself automatically.
- Document Feeder Capacity: Standard up to 500 each, high capacity up to 1,000 each.
- Envelope Feeder Capacity: Up to 800 #10 or 6" x 9" envelopes, up to 500 10" x 13" landscape flats.
- Double Document Detection: Mechanical, more accurate than light-based sensors.
- High-Capacity Output: 4-foot Output Conveyor can be used straight-on or at 90° to the system.
- Continuous Operation: Versatile Feeders are bottom-feeding for reloading on-the-fly.
- Accumulation/Divert Deck: High-speed/capacity accumulator, divert tray holds up to 300 sheets.
- Daily Mail Mode: Dedicated semi-automatic feed tray allows for feeding stapled or unstapled sets.
- Cascade Mode / Feeder Auto Re-Start: Feeders can be linked to process up to 2,000 continuous sheets, and contain sensors for auto-start after refilling .
- Custom Cabinets: Ergonomically designed, moveable storage.
- Optional Intelligence Features:
- Single or Multi-Code Reading Licenses: Available for Tower Feeder and versatile feeders, able to read Single-Track OMR, Dual-Track OMR, 1D Barcode, 2D Data Matrix.
- 2-Sided Code Reading: Single or double Tower CIS scanners read both sides of the sheet for maximum compatibility, allowing for face-up or face-down sheet feeding.
- Optional Features:
- High-Capacity Versatile Feeders: Process inserts up to 6mm thick, available with or without Intelligence.
- Output Options: Envelope Sorter/Diverter, Catch Tray, Sorter Catch Tray.
- Model Options:
- Special 1F - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes one 1,000 sheet Flex-Feeder, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets, Conveyor
- Special 2 - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes two 500-sheet Flex-Feeders, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets, Conveyor
- Special 2F - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes two 1,000-sheet Flex-Feeders, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets, Conveyor
- Special 3F - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes two 500-sheet Flex-Feeders on top and one 1,000-sheet Flex-Feeder on Bottom, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets, Conveyor
- Special 4 - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes four 500-sheet Flex-Feeders, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets, Conveyor
- HCVF - Inserter w/High-Capacity Versatile Feeder (HCVF) and Cover, 22" Color Touchscreen, Cabinets, Conveyor
- Speed: Up to 5,000/hour #10 envelopes
- Tower Feeder: Special 1F: One 1,000-sheet Flex-Feeder
- Sheet Capacity:
- Special 2: Two 500-sheet Flex-Feeders.
- Special 2F: Two 1,000-sheet Flex Feeders.
- Special 3F: Two 500-sheet Flex-Feeders on top and One 1,000-sheet Flex-Feeder on bottom.
- Special 4: Four 500-sheet Flex-Feeders.
- Versatile Feeder: Up to 1,000 sheets 20#
- Sheet Capacity: Up to 250 2.4mm booklets
- Envelope Hopper: Top-loading, up to 800 standard envelopes or 500 flat envelopes (landscape orientation)
- Tower Feeder Sheet Size: 3.63" - 16" L x 5.75" - 12" W
- Versatile Feeder Insert Size: 3.63" - 8.5" H x 5.75"- 12" W
- Envelope Size: #10, 6" x 9", flats up to 10" x 13"
- Sheet/Insert Thickness: Tower Feeders: 70gsm up to 2 mm
- Versatile Feeders: 70gsm up to 6mm
- Dimensions & Weight:
Tower Feeder w/Inserter Base: 107" L x 36" H x 25" D, 743 lbs.
High Capacity Versatile Feeders: 16" W each, 133 lbs.
- Duty Cycle: Up to 200,000 pieces per month
- Voltage: 110 V, 60 Hz, 10Amp
- Safety Certifications: UL, CE, FCC certified
Inserter Testing Instructions
INSERTER TESTING INSTRUCTIONS
For each individual job that you plan to run through the inserter please do the following: Hand fold and insert one perfect "example" of the job and write a nickname for it on the outside of the envelope. We'll attempt to duplicate the example you've created for us using the machine. Please also include (50) additional outer envelopes that go with that job so that we can get a really thorough testing. Repeat this for every different job you want tested, put them into a larger manila envelope or box, and finally include some form of identification like a business card or a copy of our electronic correspondence. Send it all to:
MyBinding Forms Testing
1 Education Way
Dover, NH 03820
When will I get my results?
We typically have test results within 2-3 hours of your samples arriving. We'll then provide you the Scope of Work which lays out what you can expect when your jobs are run on the machine. You are not obligated to purchase just because we tested your samples, we frequently use the testing process as a way to select exactly which unit would be best for you. We do our best over the phone, but nothing compares to seeing samples and running them through a machine.
Why do you need to test samples? Don't you know what your machine can do?
Whitaker Brothers offers rock bottom pricing on inserters because we have zero returns on these machines. This is accomplished through this pre-sale scoping process. While we can get a pretty good idea of whether a unit will work for your application or not based on your description on the phone, the cost of return shipping on a mistake can exceed $500 so it's not worth taking a chance.
What benefit is there to sending samples up for testing?
Samples testing produces the scope of work you expect out of the inserter. It'll lay out every sample you sent us, our test results, and recommended changes to the mailing (if any are needed). That way before you purchase, and before it lands at your doorstep, you know exactly what the machine can and cannot do. This also allows us to pre-program folds into the machine making your learning curve much easier. Most importantly the scope protects you for incompatibility on any of the jobs you send us to test. If our scope said that a job will work, and when the machine arrives it doesn't work, we are on the hook to make things right.
I need this equipment immediately and cannot wait for the testing process!
While we always prefer to go through the presale process, sometimes time doesn't allow it. If you accept full responsibility for the compatibility of your jobs on the equipment and willingly forgo testing then we can ship immediately. You will not be able to return the product for any reason though. You may have to change your job, change your envelopes, or change the number of sheets you insert to make everything work. We're still responsible for the warranty, and we'll still give you all the assistance we possibly can. But skipping the testing phase puts all responsibility on the buyer.