Formax 6406 Series Mid-Volume Inserter and Folder (FD-6406)
- Full-Color Touchscreen: 7" touchscreen display features graphic icons for simple, intuitive use.
- Modular Flexibility: Configurations are available with 2-6 fully-automatic feed stations.
- AutoSetTM: Load envelopes and documents and the 6406 Series will adjust all settings automatically.
- Paper & Envelope Presence Sensors: Control panel displays which feeders need to be refilled.
- Mid-Volume Processing Speed: Processes up to 4,000 envelopes per hour.
- 50 Programmable Jobs: Program frequently used jobs for quick and easy operation.
- High-Capacity Vertical Output Stacker: Holds up to 500 finished envelopes with reverse stacking output, maintaining printing order .
- Large, Top-Loading Envelope Hopper: Holds up to 325 envelopes with on-the-fly reloading for continuous operation.
- Handles a Variety of Envelope Sizes: Inserts into envelopes up to 6.3" H x 9.7" W.
- Variety of Fold Types: C, Half, Z, Double Parallel and no fold.
- Daily Mail Mode: Easily inserts stapled sets.
- Multi-Feeding: Allows for a set number of pieces to be pulled from one feeder, then collated and inserted automatically.
- Cascade Mode: Feeders can be linked for continuous operation, when one feeder empties, another takes over, allowing operators to refill as needed until the job is complete.
- Powerful Folding Capability: Folds up to 10 sheets (half fold) or up to 8 sheets (tri-fold) at once.
- Versatile: Folds and/or inserts sheets, BREs and cards automatically.
- Insert Capability: Folds/inserts top, middle and bottom address documents into top-flap envelopes.
- Eco Mode: Saves energy by automatically switching into standby mode after one hour of inactivity.
- Double Document Detection: Electromechanical detectors located at each feeder and the insertion area operate with any print density, paper color or thickness, to provide exceptional security.
- Divert Station: Sensors redirect double documents and incomplete sets without interruption.
- Configuration Options:
- Standard 2 Inserter – Two Station with 2 Standard Feeders
- Special 2 Inserter – Two Station with 1 Standard Feeder, 1 Special Feeder on Bottom
- Standard 3F Inserter – Three Station with 1 High Capacity Document Feeder and 2 Standard Feeders
- Special 3F Inserter – Three Station with 2 Special Feeders and 1 High Capacity Document Feeder
- Standard 4 Inserter – Four Station with 4 Standard
- Special 4 Inserter – Four Station with 2 Standard Feeders and 2 Special Feeders
- Standard 5F Inserter – Five Station with 4 Standard Feeders and 1 High Capacity Document Feeder
- Special 5F Inserter - Five Station with 2 Special Feeders, 2 Standard Feeders and 1 High Capacity Document Feeder
- Standard 6 Inserter – Six Station with 6 Standard
- Special 6 Inserter – Six Station with 2 Special Feeders and 4 Standard Feeders
- CIS Scanner: Reads OMR 1-track, OCR, 1D Barcodes and 2D Data Matrix codes, printed horizontally or vertically anywhere on the page.
- Production Feeders: 1 or 2, each feeds up to 1,200 sheets or 325 BREs.
- Side Exit Tray: Holds up to 500 filled envelopes.
- OMR, BCR and OCR: Optical Mark, Barcode and Optical Character Recognition for added security.
- Short Feed Trays: Designed for small inserts and BREs.
- Custom Cabinets: Enclosed cabinets on casters with a key lock for secure storage.
- 402 Series Joggers: Square and remove static electricity from documents prior to processing.
- Feeder Capacity: Up to 325 sheets, 20# paper (each feeder) / 725 (Production Feeder)
- Envelope Hopper Capacity: Up to 325 envelopes, top-loading
- Vertical Output Stacker: Up to 500 filled envelopes, reverse stacking output
- Side Exit Tray (optional): Up to 500 filled envelopes
- Speed: Up to 4,000 pieces per hour, #10 envelopes
- Duty Cycle: Up to 60,000 pieces per month
- Programmable Jobs: Up to 50
- Paper Size: 3.5" - 14" L x 5.1" - 9" W
- Envelope Size: 6.3" - 9.7" L x 3.5" - 6.3" W
- Dimensions: 65" L x 32" H x 16.5" D (four-station models)
- Weight: Approx. 242 lbs (four-station)
- Voltage: 100 Volts AC 50/60Hz
- Safety Certifications: UL, CE approved
Inserter Testing Instructions
INSERTER TESTING INSTRUCTIONS
For each individual job that you plan to run through the inserter please do the following: Hand fold and insert one perfect "example" of the job and write a nickname for it on the outside of the envelope. We'll attempt to duplicate the example you've created for us using the machine. Please also include (50) additional outer envelopes that go with that job so that we can get a really thorough testing. Repeat this for every different job you want tested, put them into a larger manila envelope or box, and finally include some form of identification like a business card or a copy of our electronic correspondence. Send it all to:
MyBinding Forms Testing
1 Education Way
Dover, NH 03820
When will I get my results?
We typically have test results within 2-3 hours of your samples arriving. We'll then provide you the Scope of Work which lays out what you can expect when your jobs are run on the machine. You are not obligated to purchase just because we tested your samples, we frequently use the testing process as a way to select exactly which unit would be best for you. We do our best over the phone, but nothing compares to seeing samples and running them through a machine.
Why do you need to test samples? Don't you know what your machine can do?
Whitaker Brothers offers rock bottom pricing on inserters because we have zero returns on these machines. This is accomplished through this pre-sale scoping process. While we can get a pretty good idea of whether a unit will work for your application or not based on your description on the phone, the cost of return shipping on a mistake can exceed $500 so it's not worth taking a chance.
What benefit is there to sending samples up for testing?
Samples testing produces the scope of work you expect out of the inserter. It'll lay out every sample you sent us, our test results, and recommended changes to the mailing (if any are needed). That way before you purchase, and before it lands at your doorstep, you know exactly what the machine can and cannot do. This also allows us to pre-program folds into the machine making your learning curve much easier. Most importantly the scope protects you for incompatibility on any of the jobs you send us to test. If our scope said that a job will work, and when the machine arrives it doesn't work, we are on the hook to make things right.
I need this equipment immediately and cannot wait for the testing process!
While we always prefer to go through the presale process, sometimes time doesn't allow it. If you accept full responsibility for the compatibility of your jobs on the equipment and willingly forgo testing then we can ship immediately. You will not be able to return the product for any reason though. You may have to change your job, change your envelopes, or change the number of sheets you insert to make everything work. We're still responsible for the warranty, and we'll still give you all the assistance we possibly can. But skipping the testing phase puts all responsibility on the buyer.