Formax ColorMax8 High-Speed Digital Color Printer
19500 NewCondition InStock
Formax High-Speed Digital Color Printer (ColorMax8)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
The Formax ColorMax8 High-Speed Digital Color Printer combines the latest in inkjet technology with the capacity to produce full bleed, full-color mailing and packaging solutions. It can print up to 8000 #10 envelopes per hour. In addition to envelope printing and addressing, the wider, flatter paper path allows users to print on stuffed envelopes, 10 x 13 flats, chipboard, corrugated cardboard, cartons, padded envelopes and more, up to 3/8” thick. Its Memjet print head has 70,400 ink nozzles and no moving parts, which offers higher speeds, lower ink and maintenance costs and less noise. The ColorMax8 is featured with intuitive 7" color touchscreen that provides greater control over the entire print process, displaying system status and providing access to common functions and settings. The ColorMax8 produces full-color CMYK output, up to 16.8 million colors, on a variety of paper stocks and sizes, with full-bleed capability on media up to 8.5" wide. It can print 1600 x 1600 dpi at 6 inches per second, and 1600 x 800 dpi at 12 inches per second. An optional cmColor RIP Software provides a range of tools to automate production, manage jobs and deliver professional quality color control.
- Operating Features:
- 7" Color Touchscreen: Intuitive control panel interface with image preview, system status, and access to common functions and settings.
- Fast Processing: Prints up to 8,000 #10 envelopes per hour.
- Addressing and Variable Data: Letterhead, invitations, window/non-window envelopes, invoices, postage, barcodes and more.
- Accommodates Media Up to 3/8" Thick: Wide, flat paper path handles stuffed envelopes, 10x13 flats, chipboard, corrugated cardboard, cartons, padded envelopes, pharmaceutical pill packs, and more.
- Electronic Thickness Control: Set the paper path thickness via the touchscreen control panel.
- Top-Loading Feed System: Holds up to 575 #10 envelopes, and media up to 10.5" x 17".
- Stored Jobs: Holds up to 60 GB of print jobs, ready to be recalled at any time.
- Accurate Feeding: Pressure roller transport system with star rollers.
- Printing Features:
- Full-Color High-Resolution Printing: CMYK output, up to 1600 x 1600 dpi.
- Full-Bleed: Up to 8.5" wide.
- High-Capacity Ink Tanks: Cyan 250ml, Magenta 250ml, Yellow 250ml, Black 500ml.
- Easy Ink Access: Clamsell design provides easy front access to ink tanks.
- Up to 16.8 Million Colors.
- Fixed Print Head: Single 8.77" bar spans the width of the printing surface.
- Technical Features:
- Automated Print Head Maintenance: Cleaning and capping station automatically maintains print quality.
- TruType or Postscript System Fonts.
- USB and Ethernet PC Interface.
- Electronic Firmware Updates via PC Connection.
- MemjetTM Technology: Innovative print head has no moving parts, features 70,400 color ink nozzles for higher speeds, lower ink costs and less noise than standard print heads.
- Output Conveyor Stacker: Keeps printed materials neat for further processing.
- Infrared Dryer: Helps to quickly set ink on glossy stock.
- cmColor RIP & Color Match Software: Provides a range of color management tools.
- Print Quality: Up to 1600 x 1600 dpi @ 6 inches per second, up to 1600 x 800 dpi @ 12 ips
- Speed: Up to 3,600 per hour 11" sheet and Up to 8,000 per hour # 10 envelope (landscape)
- Duty Cycle: Up to 400,000 prints per month
- Material Size: Min: 3" W x 4" L Max: 10.5" W x 17" L
- Material Thickness: Up to 3/8" (10 mm)
- Print Area: Up to 8.77" x 40" with full bleed capability under 8.6"
- Ink Tank Capacity: Cyan 250ml, Magenta 250ml, Yellow 250ml, Black 500ml
- Color Matrix: Up to 16.8 million colors
- Job Storage: Up to 60 GB of saved jobs
- Hardware Required: Windows-based PC, XP and newer
- PC Interface: USB & Ethernet
- Firmware Update: Electronic firmware update downloads via PC connection
- Fonts: All available TruType or Postscript system fonts
- Dimensions: 34" L x 22" W x 21" H With conveyor stacker: 81" L x 20" W x 18" H
- Weight: 120 lbs
- Electrical: 110-240VAC 60Hz / 2A
- Certifications: UL approved, CE declared
- Warranty: 90 day warranty on parts and labor
Write Your Own Review
Formax ColorMax 8 High-Speed Digital Printer Video
Transcript: Formax presents the Colormax 8 digital color printer, a versatile new addition to the Colormax 8 is powered by the same mem jet print technology as the Colormax7 with the added capability of printing on media up to 3/8 inches thick, its wider, flatter paper path makes it easy to print on various media surfaces and thicknesses making it more than just an envelope printer. The 7-inch full color touchscreen provides users with complete control; over the entire print process including electronic thickness control. Simply select the media thickness and the Colormax 8 adjusts itself. The color panel ... Read More
Formax presents the Colormax 8 digital color printer, a versatile new addition to the Colormax 8 is powered by the same mem jet print technology as the Colormax7 with the added capability of printing on media up to 3/8 inches thick, its wider, flatter paper path makes it easy to print on various media surfaces and thicknesses making it more than just an envelope printer. The 7-inch full color touchscreen provides users with complete control; over the entire print process including electronic thickness control. Simply select the media thickness and the Colormax 8 adjusts itself. The color panel allows user to store and recall up to 60 gigabytes of print jobs with full-color image preview. The Colormax 8 is ideal for short run on-demand color print jobs on a wide variety of media including 10 by 13-inch envelopes number10 envelopes printed on landscape mode for faster production speeds up to 8,000 per hour. Number 10 envelopes in portrait mode for dazzling full bleed color images, padded mailing envelopes in a variety of sizes, coin envelopes, corrugated boxes and more. The revolutionary print technology uses more than 70,000 ink jets to produce brilliant CMYK images up to 1600 by 1600dpi with no moving parts. The printhead is quiet, incredibly fast, and energy efficient and offers the ability to print full bleed images on media up to 8.7 inches wide. The print process does not require heat or contact to create an image so it can safely be used with pre-printed media and windowed envelopes without damaging the window or marring the original image. To complement the Colormax 8, try our durable inkjet coated CM envelopes. See how the colors are even richer and more vibrant. Send your mailing package and marketing pieces to a whole new level with full-color full bleed multimedia printing on the Formax Colormax 8.