Brackett 19" High-Speed Automated Circular Padder with Conveyor
38435 NewCondition InStock
Brackett 19" High-Speed Automated Circular Padder with Conveyor (CP-19)
Want to produce professional pads and multiple pad strips up to 1" thick and 19" long in a clean and efficient way? The Brackett 19" High-Speed Automated Circular Padder will do that for you. Stacks of paper sheets (usually with chipboard stiffeners) are bonded together by a thin application of hot melt adhesive. This padder has a variable speed of up to 3400 units per hour. On average, you can produce 1800 pads (or multiple pad strips) per hour. Plus, it has a proven, trouble-free low maintenance operation, and is operator friendly. This Brackett 19" High-Speed Automated Circular Padder arrives fully assembled,and ready to start producing pads.
- Slash padding coss 80%. 6-9 times faster than manual methods.
- A clean, efficient method of producing professional pads and multiple pad strips – up to one-inch thick (25.4mm) and 19 inches (482.6mm) long.
- Stacks of paper sheets (usually with chipboard stiffeners) are bonded together by a thin application of hot melt adhesive.
- Proven, trouble-free low maintenance operation.
- Performs flawlessly every day in shops worldwide. It’s a unique automated system using heavy duty materials that resist wear and corrosion.
- Recent upgrades include full safety guarding, standard tall work supports, plug-in convenience for options plus an electrical system with worldwide compatibility.
- Plug in to existing receptacles.
- Arrives fully assembled, ready to start producing pads.
- No installation costs.
- It move around easily on heavy duty lockdown castors – for location flexibility.
- Requires just a 6' x 8' space (1.83 x 2.44 meters).
- Feed in stacks of paper - Circular padder takes it from there.
- Variable machine speeds –up to 3400 units per hour – let you control production – consistent with size, quality and feeding proficiency requirements.
- On average, you can produce 1800 pads (or multiple pad strips) per hour.
- Simple sequence for automated padding:
- When jaws open you drop in loose paper sheets –from 2 sheets to one-inch thick (25.4mm).
- Automatically, sheets are jogged and clamped tightly.
- As the unit top rotates, edge of pads-to-be receive a precise application of hot melt adhesive.
- Adhesive sets up quickly and finished pad is released onto a conveyor or receptacle.
- Operator friendly. A new designed worktable provides ergonomic convenience plus ample space for materials feeding from right or left. A 7-day timer ensures padder readiness at the start of each shift.
- Available Options:
- Roughing Assembly. Motor driven edge rougher. Aids preparation of difficult-to-bind materials, such as coated stock. For any product benefiting from greater glue application and penetration. 220/240V only.
- Pad Cooler. Permits faster cooling (and set-up) of padded surfaces when high production is required or for pads thicker than one-inch. Optional Chiller: for unusually thick pads.
- NIP Jaws. Allows for variation in pad thickness when drop leaf carbon sets are being padded.
- Cut Down Jaws. Pocket height is reduced to assist in feeding short materials – minimum height of three-inches (76.2mm).
- Thick Work Clamp Jaws. Allows padding of materials up to 3-inches thick (76.2mm).
- Greater Maximum Length. For padding materials up to 24-inches (609mm) in length, an alternate Model CP-24" is available. Consult factory for specifications and pricing.
- Special Voltages. Circular Padder may be equipped with special optional voltages upon request. Consult factory.
- Conveyors to Fit Your Needs. Choice of ten foot (3.05 meters) belted conveyor (above) with separate speed control or other specially designed conveyors to interface and transport pads to next operation. Consult factory for current available options.
- Glue Application System: Digital Temperature Display with controller and 7 day timer.
- Variable temperature Setting: 250°-400°F (120°-205°C).
- Capacity: 8lbs. (3.63kg).
- Speeds: Variable to 3400 units per hour
- Production: 1800 units (pads or multiple pad strips) per hour. Actual output is determined by pad thickness and operator feeding dexterity.
- Main Drive: 1/2 HP permanent magnet DC drive motor with solid state SCR controls for variable speed adjustment.
- Standard Power Requirements: 1 Phase, 10 amps at 220/240V, 50/60Hz.
- Weight: 1850 lbs (840 kg).
Write Your Own Review
How Automatic Padding Works?
For automatic padding you simply drop in loose paper sheets as the padder rotates. Automatically, stacks are jogged and clamped tightly prior to receiving a precisely metered application of hot melt adhesive. In an instant, the adhesive sets up and a multiple pad strip is released to a stainless delivery chute – sliding onto a conveyor for transport to the next operation, such as stacking, shrinkwrapping, edge taping, trimming and packing.