Permacolor ColorTrans CT2200 Series Optically Clear Perm/Rem Mounting Films
0 NewCondition InStock
Mactac Permacolor ColorTrans CT2200 Series Optically Clear Perm/Rem Mounting Films (MACTAC-CT22)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|Permacolor ColorTrans Optically Clear 61" x 150' Perm/Rem Mounting Film||CT2261L150|
|Permacolor ColorTrans Optically Clear 51" x 150' Perm/Rem Mounting Film||CT2251L150|
These Permacolor ColorTrans Optically Clear Perm/Rem Mounting Film are economical, 2-mil clear polyester film coated on one side with a Permanent clear acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive and on the other side with a Removable clear acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive. The removable side are wound out for ease of application. A polyester release liner that protects each side permits complete visual inspection of the product, easy liner removal and a distortion-free adhesive surface. These optically clear, two-side coated film was designed for face-mounting and back-mounting transparencies to glass windows, Plexiglas and other clear or transparent substrates for both indoor and outdoor applications. Also, it helps protect mounted images from fading caused by ultra-violet (UV) light exposure. Although designed primarily for mounting photographic transparencies for backlit applications, these Permacolor ColorTrans Optically Clear Perm/Rem Mounting Film can be used wherever superior clarity and smoothness are required.
- Physical Properties
Property Typical Values Test Method Thickness in inches
Carrier plus adhesive
ASTM D-645 Quick Tack lb. /inÂ² (N/25mm)
2.8 (12.3) 2.5 (11)
Mactac CTM-25 Peel Adhesion lb./in. (N/25 mm)
Stainless Steel - 30 minutes
Stainless Steel â 24 hours
4.0 (17.5) 1.2 (5.2)
5.2 (22.7) 1.6 (7.0)
PSTC - 3 Shear, Hours to Fail
100+ 24+ PSTC - 7 Temperature Ranges
Application for best results:
50Â° to 120Â°F (10Â° - 49Â°C)
-40Â° to 185Â°F (-40Â° to 85Â°C)
- Shelf Life
Two years when stored at 75Â°F (24Â°C) and 50% relative humidity or less. Note: Mactac recommends that rolls be stored on end or suspended from the core.
This product has 6 month removability after application from glass, Plexiglas and acrylic sheeting. The removability of CT2500 may be affected by the following substrates: polystyrene, nitrocellulose painted surfaces and soft PVC. With such substrates an increase of adhesion over time may occur and adhesive residue on removal may be noticed.
1) The user is responsible for determining the productâs suitability, including adhesion and if needed, removal characteristics when used in applications other than listed specifically in this Performance Guide.
2) If there are any questions about applications, please contact your Mactac sales representative to discuss your requirements for recommendations.
3) If this is a printed Performance Guide it is an uncontrolled document. Please check the Mactac website for the latest, most up-to-date version.
- General Comments
- 1. This product is an optically clear, two sided face (2nd surface) mounting film is a delicate roll it must be handled with care. Because it is an optically clear adhesive, poor handling such as bumps, bangs, smacks, rolling across tables, etc. can cause bad artifacts like wrinkles, adhesive distortions, release liner tunneling and telescoping rolls to happen.
- 2. Where exposure to chemicals, solvents or high pressure wash is anticipated, Mactac recommends sealing the edges with varnish, silicone or other sealant to prevent penetration by these liquids.
- 3. Prints should not be applied onto dusty, dirty, oily or oxidized surfaces.
- 4. The mounting board must be properly prepared prior to mounting the image. This may include wiping with alcohol, light sanding or surface sealing depending on the board. Contact your board supplier for their recommendation.
- 5. Mactac's pressure sensitive mounting films are intended for "Cold Roll Lamination" (50Â°F - 120Â°F). The addition of heat while simultaneous mounting with Thermal Overlaminates may result in curl or have other detrimental effects on the finished product.
- 6. Whenever possible, always test first to ensure end-use suitability.
- 7. When using CT2500 on polycarbonate, polystyrene, polymethyl-methacrylate substrates, we recommend conducting compatibility tests in normal use conditions. These types of panels tend to outgas when exposed to elevated temperatures, creating bubbles and/or tunnels between the panels and the mounting film. Conditioning these panels overnight in a controlled room above 60Â°C before mounting helps minimize this effect.
- Values given are typical and are not necessarily for use in specification.
- Product reinforced with 2-mil polyester during adhesion tests
- Features and Benefits:
- Optically-clear permanent/removable mounting film
- 100% Chlorine, vinyl and phthalate-free
- Non-water whitening for wet application
- Typical Uses:
- Light boxes/back-lits
- Face-mounting graphic images
- Removable indoor and outdoor window signage
- Point-of-purchase displays
- Flat and slightly curved surfaces
- Adhesive Category: Optically Clear
- Adhesive Type: Permanent/Removable Acrylic
- Carrier: Polyester (PET)
- Color: Optically Clear
- Films: Polyester (PET)
- Length: 150'
- Width: Choose Above
- Liner Category: 1.5 mil Clear Polyester (PET)
- Outdoor Durability: 2 Years
- Precise Program: N
- Thickness: 1.0 mil
Write Your Own Review