Mactac IMAGin B-Free Gloss Clear Vinyl 3.1mil 54" x 82' Window Print Media
311.17 NewCondition InStock
Mactac IMAGin B-Free Gloss Clear Vinyl 3.1mil 54" x 82' Window Print Media (JJ5999MBF)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|Mactac IMAGin B-Free Gloss Clear Vinyl 3.1mil 54" x 164' Window Print Media||JX5999MBF|
This Mactac IMAGin B-Free Gloss Clear Vinyl 3.1mil 54" x 82' Window Print Media allows for the increased speed of dry application on windows with no air bubbles or wrinkling. It is coated on one side with a micro-structured, repositionable, permanent, clear acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive and is supplied with 80# Polycoated, layflat liner. This film is suitable for Solvent, Eco-solvent, Latex, UV inkjet, and UV screen printing. It is intended for printed window graphics and backlit graphics (internally illuminated signs). If not printing a graphic, use MACmark Glass DÃ©cor 700 Series.
- Features and Benefits:
- Gloss clear facestock.
- Micro-structured adhesive for dry applications on windows eliminates the messy clean up of wet-application fluids.
- Reverse printable to be read through glass.
- Typical Uses:
- Window Graphics.
- Not recommended for signs which will be handled extensively. Use IMAGin Verde VM3209R, IMAGin JT5999R or REBEL RB599R for best results
- Physical Properties
Property Typical Values Test Method Peel Adhesion
180Â° on stainless steel
- 24 hr.
3.1 - 3.7 (12 - 18)
FTM - 1 Quick Tack, lb./inÂ² (N/25mm)
4.4 - 5.6 (20 - 26)
FTM - 9 Dimensional Stability, (%)
48 hours @ 158Â°F
FTM - 14
10" x 10" Sample
Bonded to aluminum
-40Â°F to 194Â°F (-40Â°C to 90Â°C)
Surface Burning Characteristics
(Meets ANSI, NFPA, and IFC as
ASTM E84-01 or
ANSI/NFPA 255 or
The outdoor durability of the unprinted film is 5 to 7 years.
- Approved Printing Processes:
Screen Printing: HP Indigo No
UV Cured No Off-set No
Solvent No UV Off-set No
Digital: UV Inkjet Yes Thermal Transfer No
Eco-solvent Yes Flexographic No
True solvent Yes Laser No
Latex Yes Jetrion No
To achieve the best possible print quality, please make sure that the correct ICC profiles or printer settings are used. Profiles can be obtained from our Distributors or can be downloaded from www.mactac.com. Printer and heater settings and ICC profiles can also be downloaded from some O.E.M. or software manufacturerâs websites.
The ICC profiles are provided solely as a customer resource. Print environments, the individual nature of printing systems, inks and software can significantly affect output. It is the customerâs responsibility to determine the suitability of any profile for use in their specific print environment.
- Shelf Life
2 year from D.O.M. when stored at 60/77Â°F (15/25Â°C) and 50% relative humidity in the original package.
While this film is designed to be a permanent application on glass, it is still easily removed with little to no adhesive residue. Gently lift one corner and slowly, but firmly, peel off the window at a 90Â° angle. For larger graphics it helps to score the graphic with a knife in strips 5â - 6â wide by the length of the window and then peel off one strip at a time.
- Glass Breakage
MACtac accepts no liability for glass breakage due to temperature differences across the glass which can be caused by sunlight on dark areas of the graphic. Size, thickness, quality of cut, edge treatment, tinting and frame design all effect temperature stress.
1) The user is responsible for determining the productâs suitability, including adhesion and if needed, removal characteristics when used in applications other than listed specifically in this Performance Guide.
2) If there are any questions about applications, please contact your Mactac sales representative to discuss your requirements for recommendations.
3) If this is a printed Performance Guide it is an uncontrolled document. Please check the Mactac website for the latest, most up-to-date version.
Always test your combination of JT5000 products, inks and laminating films prior to commercial use.
- 1) Printing Conditions: Print in conditioned pressroom at Â±73Â°F (23Â°C) and 50% RH. The maximum allowable ink saturation is 270%.
- 2) Drying Requirements: Solvent, Eco-solvent and Mild-solvent inkjet prints require 24 - 48 hr. drying time - open to the air. Inks do not dry when printed media is rolled up. The prints must be dry prior to lamination.
- 3) Transportation Conditions: To allow for easy transportation, IMAGin JT5000 series can be rolled up, with the image out, with a minimum diameter of 6 inches (15cm). When the image is not protected by an overlaminate, make sure the print is completely dry and protected in a plastic bag. During transportation or storage, avoid exposing them to extreme temperature and humidity changes.
- 4) Installation: Do not use wet application method for installation. This product is designed to be applied without the use of application fluids. Because this material has spaces in the adhesive to let the air out, it must be applied dry. If an application fluid is used, the liquid can become trapped in the spaces in the adhesive. The air-egress technology allows for fast bubble-free applications.
- a. Remove 1 to 2 inches of the liner from one edge of the graphic.
- b. Then, carefully positioned the graphic on to the window. Line up all the edges and when itâs exactly where you want it, tack it down with the exposed adhesive.
- c. Using a squeegee with a soft sleeve or a felt squeegee, work from the center of the graphic out with light, even pressure. CAUTION: using a hard squeegee may result in squeegee marks in the finished graphic.
- d. You will need to use light pressure due to the nature of an air egress adhesive with a clear film. Practice first, until you understand the touch needed.
- e. Remove the remaining liner and use the squeegee to apply the remainder of the graphic to the floor with short, overlapping strokes, again from the center out.
- f. Once the entire graphic is applied, go back and trim all edges off the rubber seal.
- g. Re-burnish all edges to ensure good contact with the window surface.
- h. Finally, edge seal to prevent moisture from window washing or heavy storms (if exterior) creeping under the edges and into the air-egress channels.
- 5) Cleaning Window Films:
- a. Use a clean, soft, lint-free cloth.
- b. Use off the shelf glass cleaner (Windex, Glass Plus, etc.).
- c. Spray the cleaner onto the cloth, not onto the image.
- d. Wipe down the image with the wet (do not over saturate) cloth.
- e. Immediately dry with a clean soft dry cloth.
- f. If the edges of the image are not sealed, take care not to introduce cleaner to the adhesive as over time edge lifting will occur.
- Values given are typical and are not necessarily for use in specification.
- Adhesive Type: Permanent Acrylic
- Color: Clear
- Films: Vinyl (PVC)
- Finish: Gloss
- Length: 82'
- Width: 54"
- Liner Category: 80# Polycoated Kraft
- Outdoor Durability: 5 Years
- Precise Program: N
- Print Method: Latex, UV Inkjet
- Thickness: 3.1 mil
Write Your Own Review