Mactac Permacolor Thermacolor Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminates
0 NewCondition InStock
Mactac Permacolor Thermacolor Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminates (MACTAC-TL2)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|Permacolor Thermacolor 5mil 51" x 250' Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminate||TL2051|
|Permacolor Thermacolor 3mil 51" x 500' Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminate||TL2031|
|Permacolor Thermacolor 3mil 38" x 500' Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminate||TL2035|
|Permacolor Thermacolor 5mil 38" x 250' Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminate||TL2055|
These Permacolor Thermacolor 10mil Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminate are high quality, low temperature, heat activated clear glossy polyester (PET)film that is designed for the overlamination and encapsulation of graphic images.These film are ideal for protecting and enhancing inkjet, electrostatic, digital or laser printed graphics from moisture,dirt and oils, as well as other potentially damaging effects of the environment, including color fading caused by prolonged exposure to UV light. These Permacolor Thermacolor 10mil Gloss Clear Thermal Overlaminate can be used on any hot-roll laminator.
- Features and Benefits:
- Enhances image to provide more vibrant colors
- UV inhibitors protect image from color fade
- Protects from moisture
- Thicker products provide maximum protection
- Typical Uses:
- Retail displays
- Point-of-Purchase / Point-of-Sale
- Image protection
- Physical Properties
Surface Appearance: 3 mil (1/2), 5 mil (2/3) and 10 mil (2/8) Product Thickness: High Gloss pH: 7.0 Roll Wind: Adhesive In Core Size: 3" I.D. Heat Seal Initiation Temperature 190Â° (88Â°C) Recommended Storage: Rolls should be stored on end or suspended.
- Shelf Life
Two years when stored at 75Â°F (24Â°C) and 50% relative humidity or less. Note: Mactac recommends that rolls be stored on end or suspended from the core.
Due to the wide variability of interior walls, sealants and paints, no claims for successful applications to or removal from painted wall surfaces are made by Mactac. It is the usersâ responsibility to determine the products suitability for the intended wall.
- 1) The user is responsible for determining the productâs suitability, including adhesion and if needed, removal characteristics when used in applications other than listed specifically in this Performance Guide.
- 2) If there are any questions about applications, please contact your Mactac sales representative to discuss your requirements for recommendations.
- 3) If this is a printed Performance Guide it is an uncontrolled document. Please check the Mactac website for the latest, most up-to-date version.
The suggested laminating temperature is approximately 220Â°F (104Â°C) for 3-mil, 240Â°F (115Â°C) for 5-mil and 260Â°F (127Â°C) for 10-mil at a throughput speed of 3 ft./minute. The temperature and/or speed may need to be adjusted depending on the specific laminating equipment, thickness of the film, and desired throughput speed.
To increase production speed, a temperature increase of 10 - 20Â°F (5 - 10Â°C) may permit operating at 10 ft. /minute.
A high temperature along with a slow running speed could cause blistering or waviness in the final laminate. Try reducing the temperature or increasing the speed to correct this problem A low temperature and a high running speed could result in incomplete bonding, poor adhesive wet-out (sometimes referred to as âsilveringâ). To correct this problem, be sure adequate laminating pressure is being used, raise the temperature slightly, or slow the running speed.
Note: Users should determine their own specific lamination conditions in order to optimize performance and operating efficiency on their equipment.
Mactac Thermal Films UV Blocking Comparison
- Values given are typical for unprocessed product and are not for use as specifications. Processing may change the values.
Write Your Own Review
- Adhesive Type: Thermal Activation
- Color: Clear
- Films: Polyester (PET)
- Finish: Gloss
- Length: Varies
- Width: Varies
- Liner Category: No Liner
- Outdoor Durability: 1 Year
- Precise Program: N
- Thickness: Varies