Permacolor EasyTouch 3mil 38" x 250' Matte Hard Coat Clear Thermal Overlaminate
133.51 NewCondition InStock
Mactac Permacolor EasyTouch 3mil 38" x 250' Matte Hard Coat Clear Thermal Overlaminate (TL7035)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
This Permacolor EasyTouch 3mil 38" x 250' Matte Hard Coat Clear Thermal Overlaminate is a high quality, low temperature, heat activated soft finished matte clear polyester (PET)film that is designed for the overlamination and encapsulation of graphic images. This hard coated film has built in scratch resistance and offers a no-glare surface where bright overhead lighting makes glossy finished films impossible to see. This film is ideal for protecting and enhancing inkjet, electrostatic, digital or laser printed graphics from moisture,dirt and oils, as well as other potentially damaging effects of the environment, including color fading caused by prolonged exposure to UV light. This Permacolor EasyTouch 3mil 38" x 250' Matte Hard Coat Clear Thermal Overlaminate can be used on any hot-roll laminator.
- Features and Benefits:
- Hard-coated for graphic protection
- UV Light protection built-in
- Haze-free matte finish
- Typical Uses:
- Graphic image overlamination
- Point-of-Purchase / Point-of-Sale Displays
- Book covers
- Menu finishing
- Physical Properties
Product Thickness: 3 mil (1/2) Surface Appearance: EasyTouch Matte pH: Neutral Gloss 1.9 Heat Seal Initiation Temperature 190°F (88°C) Roll Wind: Adhesive In Core Size: 3" I.D. Recommended Storage: Rolls should be stored on end or suspended.
- Recommended Applications:
Latex, Solvent, UV and Book covers Water-based inkjet images Nameplates Menu Finishing Wide format graphics Packaging Consumer goods finishing
- Shelf Life
Two years when stored at 75°F (24°C) and 50% relative humidity or less. Note: Mactac recommends that rolls be stored on end or suspended from the core.
- 1) The user is responsible for determining the product’s suitability, including adhesion and if needed, removal characteristics when used in applications other than listed specifically in this Performance Guide.
- 2) If there are any questions about applications, please contact your Mactac sales representative to discuss your requirements for recommendations.
- 3) If this is a printed Performance Guide it is an uncontrolled document. Please check the Mactac website for the latest, most up-to-date version.
The suggested laminating temperature is approximately 220°F (104°C) for 3-mil, 240°F (115°C) for 5-mil and 260°F (127°C) for 10-mil at a throughput speed of 3 ft./minute. The temperature and/or speed may need to be adjusted depending on the specific laminating equipment, thickness of the film, and desired throughput speed.
To increase production speed, a temperature increase of 10 - 20°F (5 - 10°C) may permit operating at 10 ft. /minute.
A high temperature along with a slow running speed could cause blistering or waviness in the final laminate. Try reducing the temperature or increasing the speed to correct this problem.
A low temperature and a high running speed could result in incomplete bonding, poor adhesive wet-out (sometimes referred to as “silvering”). To correct this problem, be sure adequate laminating pressure is being used, raise the temperature slightly, or slow the running speed.
Note: Users should determine their own specific lamination conditions in order to optimize performance and operating efficiency on their equipment.
- Values given are typical for unprocessed product and are not for use as specifications. Processing may change the values.
- Adhesive Type: Thermal Activation
- Color: Clear
- Films: Polyester (PET)
- Finish: Matte - Hard Coat
- Length: 250'
- Width: 38"
- Liner Category: No Liner
- Outdoor Durability: 1 Year
- Precise Program: N
- Thickness: 3.0 mil
Write Your Own Review