Drylam 27" Professional Series Roll Laminator (DL-27STA)
- Laminates up to 27" wide.
- Up to 9.5' per minute
- User defined Preset save speed and temperature settings
- Usage counter with reset
- Hand held slitter with convenient storage on the machine
- Adjustable Feedguide for precision lamination
- Incorporated safety sheild
- Keyswitch to prevent unauthorized use of machine
- Stop/Reverse function
- Digital temperature display
- Temperature control in one inch increments
- Uses 1.5 or 3.0 mil standard grade , premium (low melt) grade , and school grade films
- 1 year parts and 90 days labor
|Model||27STA - 27" Laminator|
|Depth||(with feed tray) 20"|
|Net Weight||66 Lbs. (Shipping Weight - 81lbs)|
|Width of Lamination||27"|
|Electrical||(120V) 120V AC, 60Hz, 1400w|
|Uses Standard||1" Core film|
|Adjustable Speed||with Reverse|
|Film Accommodation||up to 3 mil|
Laminating film is available in a variety of different leng ... Read More
DryLam 27" Professional Series Roll Laminator Review
Roll laminators are great machines that can really make both office and school work last longer and stand out. If you're looking for one of these devices, you'll want to check out the DryLam 27" Roll Laminator. It has a lot of features that make it user-friendly but there are some things to consider before investing in it. Here are its strengths and weaknesses for your perusal.
The DryLam 27" has a laminating width of 27 inches. This is a fantastic width because it will allow you to process a variety of items both large and small. Some possibilities include posters, menus, bookmarks, signage, and more. You'll also be able to laminate paper that's letter-sized (8.5" x 11") and larger.
This machine is pretty speedy. It's able to process up to 9.5' of material in one minute. In fact, this device is up to 3 times as fast as some of the other roll laminators on the market. This will definitely come in handy when you have a lot of items to laminate.
This machine has a key switch feature that prevents unauthorized use. This would make this device a good choice for schools because it's pretty safe to use. (There's also a protective safety shield so fingers can't come into contact with the machine's heating element or its hot rollers.) It can also help you preserve laminating film and thus, save money.
There are preset speed and temperature settings that make this machine incredibly easy to use. The device has a digital control panel so all the settings you need are right at your fingertips. (Even the temperature will be shown digitally, as well as how much film you've used.) And if you run into any problems while laminating, you can use the reverse mode to get things back on track.
The DryLam 27" comes with a one-year warranty so any necessary repairs can be taken care of without any hassle.
The DryLam 27" isn't the smallest laminator around due to its laminating width. This product's dimensions are 15" (height) x 34" (width) x 20" (depth) and it weighs just over 70 pounds. Because of this, you may want to keep this device in a copy room rather than an office.
- This machine is only compatible with laminating film that's 1.5 or 3 mil thick. Therefore, this isn't the machine to use if your laminated documents will be handled frequently or placed outdoors where they'll be exposed to sun, wind, and precipitation. The rolls of film you use need to have a 1" core.
- Instead of an integrated cross-cutter, this machine comes with a hand-held slitter. There is a storage area for this gadget in the machine, but it's just not the same as having a built-in cross-cutter.
Overall, the DryLam 27" Roll Laminator would be a decent choice if you're in the market for a machine such as this. It's pretty fast and user-friendly, plus it comes with safety features that are more than adequate. However, this isn't the best choice if you need a device that can handle thick laminating film or if you want a small laminator. But, if that's not the case, you may find that this product is just right for your needs.