Permacolor RAYZor 1.5mil 54" x 75' Clear Gloss Cast Vinyl Overlaminate
298.2 NewCondition InStock
Mactac Permacolor RAYZor 1.5mil 54" x 75' Clear Gloss Cast Vinyl Overlaminate (LF3648GL75)
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|Permacolor RAYZor 1.5mil 54" x 150' Clear Gloss Cast Vinyl Overlaminate||LF3648G|
|Permacolor RAYZor 1.5mil 30" x 150' Clear Gloss Cast Vinyl Overlaminate (2 Rolls)||LF3642G|
This Mactac Permacolor RAYZor 54" x 75' Clear Gloss Overlaminate is a 1.5 mil gloss cast vinyl laminate that is designed for long term outdoor, marine, fleet or vehicle markings on flat, curved, corrugated, riveted surfaces and textured wall applications. This laminate enhances the image and protects against UV light exposure,moisture, dirt and abrasion. This Permacolor RAYZor 1.5mil 54" x 75' Clear Gloss Cast Vinyl Overlaminate offers a durability of up to 5 years in exterior applications.
- Features and Benefits:
- Built-in UV protection
- Optically clear gloss and gloss finishes
- Part of the Bâ¢freeÂ® application warranty
- Five to seven years outdoor durability
- Typical Uses:
- Highly conformable for vehicle graphics, fleet, marine and textured wall graphics
- Image enhancement
- Marine graphics
- Use with: B free Gruvâ¢and WindowVIEW
- Physical Properties
Property Typical Values Test Method Thickness, inches (Âµm)
Film plus adhesive
ASTM D-645 Peel Adhesion
180Â° on stainless steel
- 24 hrs.
PSTC-1 Quick Tack, lb./inÂ² (N/25mm)
FTM - 9 Dimensional Stability, (%)
48 hours @ 158Â°F
FTM - 14
10â x 10â Sample
Bonded to aluminum
Gloss (60Â°) 80 min Temperature Ranges
-50Â°F to 225Â°F (-45Â°C to 107Â°C)
Surface Burning Characteristics
(Meets ANSI, NFPA, and IFC as
ASTM E84-01 or
ANSI/NFPA 255 or
Adhesive pH Neutral TAPPI-529
- Chemical Resistance
Salt Water Spray .................... ASTM B 117-03
- 100 hours @ 5% solution ........... no change
- 100 hours immersed @ RT ........... no change
Other immersion tests show:
- Gasoline (30 min.) ........... No effect
- Water and Detergents (24 hrs.) ........... No effect
- 10% HCL (10 min) ........... No effect
- 10% NH OH (10 min) ........... No effect
Additionally, this product has good resistance to detergents, alcohol and some aliphatic solvents for short periods of time. Not recommended for contact with ketones, esters, aromatic solvents and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
The outdoor durability is 5 years in outdoor vertical applications in the Central US and 7+ years indoors. Up to one (1) year on indoor Floor Graphics. Horizontal application or in the Southwest regions will be 50% less. While all Permacolor overlaminating films have UV resistance built in to help extend the life of your image, the durability of the image is mainly dependent upon the quality of the inks (see technical data sheets given by the ink manufacturers) and pressure sensitive media being used.
- Shelf Life
Two years when stored at 75Â°F (24Â°C) and 50% relative humidity or less. Note: MACtac recommends that rolls be stored on end or suspended from the core.
1) The user is responsible for determining the productâs suitability, including adhesion and if needed, removal characteristics when used in applications other than listed specifically in this Performance Guide.
2) If there are any questions about applications, please contact your Mactac sales representative to discuss your requirements for recommendations.
3) If this is a printed Performance Guide it is an uncontrolled document. Please check the Mactac website for the latest, most up-to-date version.
1) We recommend you work in a controlled environment (> 72Â°F (23Â°C) and 50% RH), and condition the media in the printing room 24 hrs. before printing.
2) Ensure print is perfectly dry. Material should have 24 hrs. drying time, open to the air, and prior to lamination or transportation. Laminate through a professional laminator at 3 - 5 ft./min. Slight mottling may occur from being in the roll too long. This will go away with a little time (typically 24-hrs) in the sun. If this is not possible, simply heat the top roll on your laminator to a temperature of no more than 120Â°F (50Â°C) to remove. Caution: heating this film will allow it to stretch easier; special care with film tension will be required!
3) Since this is a very thin cast vinyl film, it is very easy to stretch, keep film face tension as low as possible to reduce this possibility.
4) Where exposure to harsh chemicals, solvents or high pressure wash is anticipated we recommend you seal the edges with varnish, heavy duty car wax or silicone in order to avoid penetration of these liquids into the adhesive.
5) To allow for easy transportation, IMAGin laminated with LF3600 Series can be rolled up, with the image out, with a minimum diameter of 7 inches (18cm). When an overlaminate does not protect the image, make sure the print is completely dry and protected in a plastic bag. During transportation or storage, avoid exposing them to extreme temperature and humidity changes.
6) Always test the combination of inks, media and laminating films prior to commercial use. Slight surface mottling may appear in this high gloss film while in the roll form due to the softness of the film itself. This will disappear after one to two days after lamination all by itself. However, if waiting is not an option, a small amount of heat (100Â° - 120Â°F) during the laminating process will remove the mottling immediately. Use care not to stretch the film during this process. Always maintain as little film tension as possible to minimize this possibility.
Values given are typical and are not necessarily for use in specification.
- Adhesive Type Permanent: Permanent Acrylic
- Color: Clear
- Films: Cast Vinyl (PVC)
- Finish: Gloss
- Length: 75'
- Width: 54"
- Liner Category: 50# Glassine
- Outdoor Durability: 5 Years
- Precise Program: N
- Thickness: 1.5 mil
Write Your Own Review