Fellowes Refurbished Galaxy E-Wire Electric Wire Binding Machine (R4MYR5217801)
Refurbished equipment is only available while supplies last. Act now to buy this discounted machine before it's gone.
The new Fellowes Galaxy e-Wire Binding System is a heavy duty machine designed for frequent use in large offices. Capable of punching up to 20 sheets of 20# bond paper at a time and binding up to 130 sheets with a 9/16" wire, the e-Wire Galaxy electric wire bind system is ideal for any professional wire binding application. The vertical load binding system ensures accurate punch alignment by letting gravity do all the work to keep the pages aligned, saving you time and money. Fellowes Closure control system provides quick and easy wire closure when binding multiple documents. Equipped with an edge guide adjustment for accurately centering the document, a front access tray for mess-free waste disposal, an integrated chip tray with burst-out feature to eliminate jams, and a front access full size storage tray for holding all your materials and documents, the Fellowes eWire Galaxy is capable of handling any job you can throw at it. Check it out today from MyBinding.com and save your office time and money with increased productivity.
- Heavy duty wire binding machine ideal for frequent large office use.
- Punches up to 20 sheets at a time with the touch of a button; binds up to 130 sheets with a 9/16" wire.
- Vertical document loading ensures accurate punch alignment.
- Closure control provides quick, easy wire closure when binding multiple documents.
- Built-in storage tray features document thickness guide.
- Application: Large Office
- Auto Shutoff: N/A
- Beep at the End of Binding Cycle: N/A
- Binding Capacity: 130
- Binding Element Selector: Yes
- Binding Type: Wire
- Color: Gray
- Item H x W x D (inches): 6.50 x 17.75 x 19.69
- Item Number: 5217801
- Item weight (lbs): 30.85
- Units per Master Carton: 1
- Material Type: Steel
- Model Number: GALAXY E WIRE
- Punching Type: Electric
- Punching Capacity: Capacity of 20 Sheets
- Qty Per Pack: 1
- Ready Light/Binding Light: No
- Removable Binding System: No
- Reverse Function: No
- Three-hole Punch: No
- Usage: Frequent
- Vertical Punching: Yes
- Warranty: 90-Day Warranty
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's take a look at the Galaxy E Wire, a wire binding system by Fellowes with an electronic punch.Step-by-step let's make a book and see just how this machine works.
With your materials ready, open the lid, turn it on with the power switch on the back, you're ready to go. The throat opening is just at the back, towards the lid. Starting with the covers, place the punch side down into the throat and adjust the side margin control knob. Set that just where you want it so all punches are consistent throughout your project. And the blue button is the punch. Continue on punching through the rest of the pages in your book.
Once you've punched through all your pages, assemble your book in order. It's now time to bind them with the wire. The Galaxy E has a built-in tray to not only hold wire binds for you but also help you measure your project to get the right size bind for your book. Once you have the right size spine, place it over the fence in the middle of the machine. This will hold it with the teeth facing up so you can thread your project over it. There's a little trick in wire binding to hide your final seam. If you take the back cover and flip it around to face the front cover, then your seam in the end will be between the back page and the back cover. It does take some getting used to but learn how to thread all the teeth through your project in one fell swoop. Lift your project with the loose spine up off the fence and make sure you have the ?C" shape facing down into the closer. Before you close the spine, make sure that you've adjusted the stop mark so you don't over-close. It serves as sort of a break for the closer clamp. Close it down all the way, you can double check by the grid that's there. And that's it, you're done. Remove your project from the closer, bring the back cover around to the front again. Note the seam is hidden in the back. You've got a great looking book. You can dispose of all the punched chads from the chip tray below. And that's it, that's the Galaxy E Wire by Fellowes. For more demos, reviews, and how to's of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Fellowes Galaxy E-Wire Binding Machine Review
Of all the binding methods currently available, twin-loop wire binding is one of the most sophisticated-looking ones. It's great for professional documents such as architectural plans, sales reports, and more. To do this type of document finishing, you need a wire binding system and a terrific new one is the Fellowes Galaxy e-Wire. This is a product that's electric and has been designed for frequent use in busy offices that need a wire binding machine for those important projects. Here's an in-depth look at this device's strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if this is the right one for your office.
- The Galaxy has a decent punching capacity of 20 sheets of 20 lb. per lift. It can bind documents that contain up to 130 pages and accepts wire spines up to 9/16" thick.
- This machine had a vertical loading system that ensures your paper will be punched properly. There's also an edge guide adjustment that automatically centers your work so it will come through the process looking great.
- The Galaxy has a spine selector that can help you determine which size spine you need for your document. This not only takes a lot of the guesswork out of the bookbinding process, it helps ensure your book will be bound correctly the first time.
- This machine has disengageable dies so you can get the exact punching pattern you need for your document.
- You can store wire spines, covers, and even documents in this machine's very roomy storage drawer.
- Paper scraps are stored in a chip tray that has a burst-out feature that helps reduce the risk of a jam. You can easily access the tray from the front of the machine, making it quick and easy to dispose of the scraps.
- Fellowes has included a binding starter pack that contains everything you need to start using your Galaxy. This eliminates the need to head to the store and pick up covers and wire spines.
- Finally, the Galaxy comes with a terrific two-year warranty that has you covered in case you encounter any problems with it.
- Some users may find that this machine lacks the binding capacity they need. After all, 130 pages isn't very much and if you need to bind longer documents, you'll need an additional device.
- The lever is on the left-hand side of the unit, so right-handed users might find using the Galaxy to be a bit challenging.
- This device doesn't have any removable components, so only one person can use it at a time. This can increase the amount of time it takes to produce your books.
Overall, the Fellowes Galaxy e-Wire is a great choice for those important documents that contain 130 pages or less. While the binding capacity isn't terrific, the machine will do a great job of putting together your shorter documents. It's also great that it comes with such a generous warranty and supplies so you can get started as soon as the device is out of the box. If you need a wire binding machine, the Galaxy is definitely one worth your consideration.