Sorry, but Akiles iLam 240 Professional 9.4" Pouch Laminator is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Akiles iLam 240 Professional 9.4" Pouch Laminator
- Width Capacity: 9.4" (240mm)
- Pouch Thickness: 3-7 mils (75 mic to 175 mic)
- Rollers: 4 silicon rollers (2 heat / 2 cold)
- Temperature Control: Digital
- Easy Jam Release
- Reverse Button
- Lamination: Cold / Hot / Photo
- Laminating Speed: 23" /min.
- Dimensions: 17.5" x 9.5" x 5.75"
- Weight: 12lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Akiles iLam 240 Pouch Laminator Review
If you need a pouch laminator, you need to take a look at the Akiles iLam 240, one of the newest devices to hit the market. Here’s an in-depth review of this machine so you’ll know what’s great about it as well as what – if anything – might be problematic.
- The iLam 240 has a feed opening that’s 9.4 inches wide. It’s definitely wide enough to accommodate letter-sized documents in addition to smaller items such as name tags and such.
- This laminator can do both hot and cold processes. If you choose to use the cold setting, you’ll be able to process thermally sensitive documents such as those that were printed on an ink-jet printer. Just make sure you have pressure-sensitive pouches on hand.
- Speaking of pouches, this device is compatible with pouches that are from 3 to 7 mil thick. Thus, you’ll have some flexibility when selecting your supplies.
- You’ll find this machine is easy to use thanks to its digital temperature control. It has a knob that will turn either red or blue depending on the temperature setting you select.
- The iLam 240 has 4 rollers to ensure great results. Your materials will emerge from the machine looking great and they won’t be wrinkled or bubbly.
- If this laminator jams up on you, it will be easy to fix the problem. It has an easy jam release feature as well as a reverse button. Both of these features will enable you to clear up any problems that arise.
- The iLam 240 be opened up without any tools so you can perform routine maintenance. Also, this device is equipped with an
- This laminator isn’t too big so you’ll be able to find room for it rather easily. It only measures 17.5” (width) x 9.5” (depth) x 5.75” (height) and it weighs a scant 12 pounds. Thus, this is a great machine to get if your workspace is rather limited.
- Akiles always makes durable products and the iLam 240 is no exception. Even so, it comes with a one-year warranty for your convenience.
What could be problematic:
- The feed opening can’t accommodate really wide sheets of paper. If you need to work with those kinds of materials, you should pick out a different machine.
- The iLam 240 isn’t compatible with 10 mil pouches, so this may not be the device for you if your documents require the rigidity and protection a 10 mil pouch can provide.
As you can see, there are only a couple of things that might be problematic is you choose to use the Akiles iLam 240. Overall, this is a great product that makes it easy to get the results you need, whether you’re laminating small or large documents. It’s easy to get the temperature settings you need and if you experience a jam, clearing it up is a snap. You’ll be able to process thermally sensitive items and everything will look great thanks to the machine’s 4 rollers. Plus, this device is durable and has a good warranty. If you need a good laminator, check out the iLam 240 and you won’t need to look any further.