Sorry, but Akiles iWire 31 Manual 3:1 Pitch Wire Binding Machine is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Akiles iWire 31 Manual 3:1 Pitch Wire Binding Machine
- Hardened Punch Die System: Individually cast-hardened and heat-treated steel punch dies ensures many years of trouble-free operation.
- Modern & Compact Design: Sleek and stylish design that fits in any professional office or copier room.
- Easy & Efficient Operation: Simple 2-step setup & 15-sheet single punch capacity makes your binding job easier than ever!
- Wire Measuring Guides: Built-in guides help determine the correct wire size to be used for any given book thickness.
- Vertical Punching: For easy alignment of sheets and reduced punching errors.
- Anti-Dust Cover: Keep the inside of the machine clean & dust-free when not in use.
- Ergonomic Handle: For a smooth and effortless punch everytime.
- Wire Size Guide.
- Waste Drawer.
- Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easy insertion of sheets.
- Wire Size Selector: Determines the best wire size to be used on your document.
- Wire Closer Selector: Slide the selector bar & set the wire closer according to your wire size, for a secure closure every time.
- Side Margin Control: Guarantees a well-centered punch on each document.
- Pitch: 3:1
- Punching Length: 11" (32 Holes)
- Hole Punch: Square
- Closing Capacity: 3/16" to 9/16"
- Punching Capacity: 15 sheets of 20 lbs paper
- Punching / Closing System: Vertical / Vertical
- Wire Closer Selector: Included
- Wire Holder: Included
- Wire Size Selector: Included
- Wire Size Guide: Included
- Side Margin Control: Included
- Weight & Volume: 20 lbs & 1.40 CbFt
- Warranty: One Year
Akiles iWire 31 Wire Binding Machine Review
Twin-loop wire binding is a great way to make all of your documents look as professional as possible. One machine that's perfect for putting together smaller documents is the new Akiles iWire 31. Here's a look at its strengths (and weaknesses). Check them out so you can decide if this device is what your workplace needs.
The iWire 31 is compatible with 3:1 pitch twin-loop wire spines. It can bind documents that range in thickness from 3/16" to 9/16", so you'll be able to produce books that contain up to 110 pages.
This machine can punch up to 15 pages of paper at a time, which is a terrific given that your documents can be just over 100 pages long. You'll be able to get your books punched and bound in no time.
The iWire 31 has a vertical punching mechanism as well as a side margin guide. These features ensure that your document will be punched properly and that the holes will be centered. Also, the punching dies are made from harden steel so they're very durable and will consistently produce clean holes even when you're working with heavy materials such as PVC.
Choosing the right wire spine will be easy because this machine has a wire selector. When you're ready to bind your document, you can use the built-in wire closer to finish things up.
It's easy to keep this machine clean because it comes with an anti-dust cover. The chip tray is easy to empty and disposing of your paper chips shouldn't be too much of an ordeal.
The iWire 31 is available at a reasonable price, so it's perfect if you're just getting started with wire binding. It comes with a one-year warranty.
This machine is really only good for producing letter-sized documents. It lacks disengageable dies and an open throat, so you won't be able to process half-letter and legal-sized documents.
The punching and binding capacities make this machine unsuitable for high-output environments. It's better suited for smaller offices and schools.
Left-handed operators might have some trouble using the iWire 31 because the ergonomic handle is on the right side of the device.
The Akiles iWire 31 is a good little wire binding machine and it would be a good choice if your workplace needs something with which to produce shorter documents. This machine may only have a 110-page binding capacity, but its punching ability is excellent. It's also equipped with enough features to make punching your paper as easy and accurate as possible such as the side margin guide. The wire selector is really helpful and it's great that there's a wire closer built right into the machine. Just keep in mind that this device isn't meant for heavy-duty use nor can it help your produce documents that aren't letter-sized. If that's okay with you, you'll find that the iWire 31 is a great device, so take a look at it today.