Akiles Roll-@-Blade 64 Inch Rotary Trimmer
- Max. Trimming Length: 64"
- Self-Sharpening Tungsten Rotary Blade: For durability & a sharp cut every time.
- Ergonomic Metal Blade Carriage: Comfortably fits your hand while safely keeps the blade out of reach.
- Extra Rigid Steel Guide Bar: Guides the blade with extreme stability, for an accurate cut.
- Transparent Clamping Bar: Holds the trimming material in place while allowing you to monitor the trimming process.
- Side Guide & Adjustable Depth Guide: For an easy & precise alignment.
- Extra wide Work Table With a Ruler Table in Both Metric/English Systems: For a quicker setup.
- Trimming Capacity: Up to 2.0mm thick.
- Trimming Materials: Paper, newsprint, cardboard, plastic films, vellum, aluminum foil, vinyl, pvc, polyester, polypropylene, polyethylene, leather, veneer, etc.
- Included - Metal Stand with heavy-duty locking wheels
- Included - Waste catcher made of sturdy canvas bag.
- Shipped in wooden crate for ultimate protection.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Akiles Roll-@-Blade 64 Inch Rotary Trimmer Review
Large-format rotary trimmers are great for the preparation of such large documents as blueprints, banners, posters, and the like. One of the stand-out products currently available is the Akiles Roll-A-Blade 64. This is a device that can cut through just about anything (and we mean that literally) and it even comes with a floor stand, eliminating the need to purchase such an item separately. Of course, the Roll-A-Blade 64 does have a few weaknesses, as well. So read on to learn all about the strengths and weaknesses of this product.
This is one cutter that can really handle an incredible variety of materials. In addition to paper, this trimmer can cut metal, vinyl, PVC, cardboard, certain types of fabric, and more. It can cut items that are up to 64 inches long.
The blade is self-sharpening and made from Tungsten steel. It's housed in a casing that's ergonomically friendly, so it will both protect your hand and make your job more comfortable. Plus, the blade is guaranteed to trim in just the right place thanks to a guide bar that's made out of steel.
This unit has a waste catcher that's made out of canvas. This feature will catch your scraps so the cleaning up process isn't as arduous.
This cutter has a paper clamp that's transparent. Not only will the clamp keep your paper or whatever else you're cutting in place, you will be able to keep an eye on how your work is progressing.
Both English and metric measurement units are visible on the cutter's base. The base itself is pretty large so you will have a lot of room in which to work.
A metal stand is included at no additional charge. This is a very nice move on Akiles' part, considering other manufacturers, such as Dahle, sell their floor stands separately and wind up costing the owner of the cutter a lot more money. On some other cutters, the stand can cost nearly as much as the cutter itself.
The floor stand has locking wheels so you can both move your trimmer around and have it stay in just one place as necessary.
This product will be shipped in a wooden box so it won't be damaged (or lost) when it is shipped.
The product is very well-made, but if you run into problems with it, the included warranty will cover your purchase for up to one year.
This cutter can only trim materials that are up to 2 millimeters thick, so this product cannot be used for cutting large stacks of paper, for example.
Although the wooden container protects this product during shipping, getting rid of the box may prove to be challenging. You will also need to make sure that you have at least two people to unload this system off the truck when it arrives at your office.
This is a very heavy unit that weighs 120 pounds. Moving it around will be a bit tough even with the floor stand. Plus, you will not be able to mount it on a wall.
Naturally, since this is a rolling trimmer with a 64-inch cutting length, it will take up a lot of room so this product isn't ideal for smaller work areas.
Overall, the Akiles Roll-A-Blade 64 has more strengths than weaknesses, although it is disappointing that it can only cut materials that are 2 millimeters thick. Nevertheless, not very many other cutters can trim as many types of materials as this product can, and that fact that Akiles ships it with a floor stand (and in a wooden crate to boot!) makes this product a great choice for businesses needing a cutter of this caliber.