Sorry, but Akiles UltraLam 250P Heavy Duty 9.84" Laminator is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Akiles UltraLam 250P Heavy Duty 9.84" Laminator
- Width Capacity: 9.84"
- Heavy Duty Motor Capacity
- Electronic Temperature Control
- Laminating Heat Range: 85 - 160 C
- Independant (Heat & Motor)
- Ready Lights for On Motor and Temperature
- Dimensions: 17.5" x 9.5" x 5.75"
- Weight: 13.5lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a demonstration of the Akiles UltraLam 250P, a heavy duty 9.84 inch laminator. The 250P is easy to use and does a great job. Simply turn on with a power switch, adjust your temperature according to the pouch thickness you’ll use; the machine is ready to go at the green light. Flip that second switch and the rollers begin. With your materials gathered together, place your items into the laminating pouches. Be sure to center things, get a good margin, and always put the crease end in first to the throat of the machine. Your wait won’t be too long as the 250P moves along pretty fast. This standard size sheet of paper took about 40 seconds to laminate. When your project is completely finished, remove it and place it on a flat surface to cool completely. You can change the size and thickness of projects in mid-stream. Just be sure to adjust the temperature dial according to the thickness. You’re on your way to a number of great projects with UltraLam 250P, a heavy duty laminator by Akiles. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles UltraLam 250P Laminator Review
Akiles makes a lot of high-quality document finishing machines that can withstand heavy-duty use. This includes laminators and one of their most durable ones is the UltraLam 250P. Let’s see what kind of grade this product should get.
- This device has a feed opening that’s almost 10 inches wide. (It’s 9.84” if you want to be precise.) This is more than adequate for legal- and letter-sized documents (8.5” x 14, 8.5” x 11”), but you won’t be able to laminate larger pieces of paper or photographs.
- This laminator’s exit is almost a full inch wider than its feed opening. While this may sound like an odd feature to have, it’s actually quite helpful because it reduces the likelihood of items getting stuck in the machine.
- The motor in this device is heavy-duty. It’s strong enough for continuous-duty use all day. You can either keep the machine on or have it on stand-by and it won’t overheat. There are separate controls for both of these settings. There are also three different lights that display the machine’s status, including its operating temperature.
- The UltraLam 250P has Akiles’ popular Flex-Tite system. This feature ensures that the appropriate pressure will be used for your document so long as it’s no more than 0.08” thick.
- This laminator is compatible with both standard and premium pouches of all thicknesses. Whether your document calls for a 3 mil pouch or a 10 mil one, you’ll be able to use it with this device.
- The UltraLam 250P laminates are temperatures up to 160 degrees Celsius, which is equivalent to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. The lowest temperature this machine can operate at is 85°C/185°F, so obviously there isn’t a cold setting. This could be problematic if you wish to laminate thermally sensitive documents such as color copies.
- It’s possible to not use a carrier when laminating with this device. However, you should do so anyway to keep the machine from getting damaged by melted adhesive.
- This machine has measurements of 17.5” (width) x 9.5” (depth) x 5.75” (height) and it only weighs 13.5 pounds. Thus, it will be easy to move about and it won’t take up very much room in your office.
- The UltraLam 250P has a one-year warranty so you can repair or replace it if it goes on the fritz. However, this machine is very well-made so you may not even need the warranty at all.
Final grade: B+. Overall, the Akiles UltraLam 250P is a pretty good machine. It’s nice to see a laminator that can withstand continuous use and not overheat. This would be a good machine for high-output environments so long as you don’t need a device that can do cold lamination. Also, you’ll want to select another device if your documents tend to be wider than 8.5”. But, if the lack of a cold setting and the not-so-wide throat aren’t a problem for you, chances are you’ll be impressed with the UltraLam’s construction and ability to laminate continuously.