MBM 408A Automatic Programmable Tabletop Paper Folder
- Features automatic folding position setting.
- Folding patterns can be stored and recalled via touch screen.
- Fastest folding speed in its class.
- Automatic 3 roller friction feed system.
- The LED touch screen sets up 36 standard folds automatically at the touch of a button.
- Up to 12 custom folds can be stored in memory.
- An extra long exit tray ensures neat stacking of finished jobs.
- The double feed detection sensor prevents mis-folded papers being contaminated to outputs.
- Test button folds 2 sheets for inspection.
- Automatically senses and displays paper size.
- Automatic conveyor and self-setting exit rollers ensure smooth ejection of folded paper.
- Single sheet feeding automatically maintained for different weights of paper.
- Auxiliary paper guide for cross folding.
- Load and unload paper from same side.
- Display alert and audible signal in case of incorrect operation.
- Skew and micro-adjustment dials.
- Fully enclosed fold tables for quiet operation.
- Quick-release roller system for easy maintenance.
- Optional Perforating/scoring/kiss cut units available
- Speed: Up to 14,400 Sheets per hour
- Paper Size: 3.5" x 5" to 11" x 17"
- Paper Weight: 12 to 80 lbs.
- Sheet Capacity: 500
- Electrical Requirements: 115 V, 60 Hz
- Actual Machine Weight : 70
- Shipping Length : 25
- Shipping Width: 22
- Shipping Height: 23
- Shipping (Web) Weight: 76 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1-year limited Manufacturer's Warranty, excluding wearables
MBM 408A and 508A Automatic Folders Video
These automatic folders are plug and play.
Simply unbox the machine, attach the folding plates, unfold the delivery tray, set the feed table, which can accommodate jobs up to in 11.8” x 17” size.
500 sheets of 64gsm in quantity, set the paper guides and now it’s ready to fold.
The 408A and 508A have an intuitive touch panel controller, where you can program folding pattern, number to fold, folding speed and so on.
Once the TEST button is pressed, it changes folding positions.
Fine adjustment on folding positions is easy via the panel. ... Read More
MBM 408A Paper Folder Review
The best automatic paper folder in its class is the MBM 408A Automatic Tabletop Paper Folder. Its folding skills are nicely complemented by its user-friendly design and outstanding set of folding functions, which together provide users with the optimal answer for paper handling demands in the workspace. Save your time, reduce labor costs, and make your life easier with an automatic paper folder like the MBM 408A.
The MBM 408A is a true example of a high-performance folding machine, operating at speeds of up to 14,400 sheets per hour. It easily handles paperweights of 12 to 80 lbs., a sheet capacity of 500, and handles sizes ranging from 3.5" x 5" to 11" x 17". Because this desktop paper folder detects the paper size automatically, working with non-standard paper sizes is just as simple as working with normal sizes. Being able to automatically switch between jobs gives me the ability to multitask and I don’t have to worry about checking in on the job.
There's a reason why the MBM 408A automated paper folder is the best. It gives operators the best flexibility by storing commands for 36 common folds. Operators can also save commands for an additional 12 custom jobs, enabling quick completion of any often-requested folds. The 408A paper folder has a simple color LCD display that makes it easy to use. This allows users to choose paper sizes, program and choose stored folds, and make modifications. For those with heavier workloads, there is also a page counter and batch folding accessible.
Other components, including micro-adjustment dials, are included in the MBM 408A automatically programmed desktop paper folder and are valuable when accuracy and professionalism are crucial. The technique is comfortable because feeding and collecting come from the same side and an exit conveyor creates clean stacks as well. The system automatically recognizes a double feed and notifies the user, saving time.
The MBM 408A Paper Folder is a wonderful addition to solve all your paper folding needs. Yet while it’s great for some, others might need more. If you’re in need of more output speeds, a higher sheet capacity, and a larger paper handling capability, the “big brother” MBM 1800S Tabletop Paper Folder is a great next step. This “big brother” is capable of output speeds of 18,000 sheets an hour, can handle up to 13” x 19” paper sizes, and can hold a sheet capacity of 800. If you’re also not a fan of the light marks friction feeders often leave, this air-fed tabletop paper folder solves that for you.
The MBM 408A Automatic Paper Folding Machine is a great addition to copy shops, small print shops, business offices, schools, and churches. When you add this, you’ll greatly benefit from the high output speeds, compact size, and capacity for storing almost 50 folds. I love how easy it is to set up my jobs with the self-explanatory display, installation, and training only take 15 minutes and everyone in the office raves about it.
MyBinding staff reviews are written by various team members throughout the company with vast experience in the market. The purpose of these reviews is to help you make the best buying decision for your business and unique needs/uses, but please know that we are here to help you if you need a bit more guidance. Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for help with this or any other product in our store.