Coverbind Standard Perfect Bind Adhesive – 5 lb. Bag
|Product Name||Item Number||Price||Qty|
|Standard BQ-160 Perfect Binding Machine||BQ-160||
|HM-225 Perfect Binding Glue for BQ 160, 270, 470, & 480 - 44 Lbs (20kg)||05BQHM225||
|Coverbind Standard Perfect Bind Adhesive – 30 lb. Bag||05TPCBPB416CBX||
|Coverbind Premium Perfect Bind Adhesive – 5 lb. Bag||05TPCBPB1214||
|Coverbind Premium Perfect Bind Adhesive – 30 lb. Bag||05TPCBPB1214BX||
Get the best perfect binding glue for your non-coated softcover paperback novels, notepads, manuals, and much more with Coverbind. This standard perfect bind adhesive offers a strong but flexible hold to ensure a long-lasting finish. It features a lower EVA content than our premium glue, making it the ideal choice for padding applications or perfect binding with non-coated stocks. Packaged in a 5 or 30 lb. bag, this binding glue is compatible with the CPB1 or CPB2SG perfect binders.
- Lower EVA – Less aggressive adhesive is perfect for padding- or perfect binding with non-coated pages.
- Strong Bind – Pages are locked into the spine for premium quality strength that can withstand heavy use.
- Flexible Finish – Flexibility retention makes page-turning easy and doesn’t harm the integrity of the glue as it moves.
- Multi-Compatibility – Compatible with all Coverbind Perfect Binding Machines, including the CPB1, CPB2, and CPB2SG.
- Size Options – Choose from either a small 5 lb. bag or a large 30 lb. box to keep you stocked up for short- and large-run binding jobs.
- Compatible Equipment:
- Size: Choose from 5 lb. bag or 30 lb. bag
- Adhesive: Standard
- Color: Light Yellow
- Running Temperature: 260-290°F
- Application Temperature: 275°F and +/- 15°F
- Applicator: 275°F Premelter
- Softening Point (Approximate): 156°F Mettler
- Form: Mini Slats
- Pounds per Gallon (Approximate): 8.2 lbs./gal
- Adhesive Type: EVA Hot-Melt
- Odor: Low-Odor
- Viscosity (Approximate): 1550 cps @ 350°F. 2250 cps @ 325°F. 3350 cps @ 300°F. 5250 cps @ 275°F. 8900 cps @ 250°F. 16000 cps @ 225°F. 31225 cps @ 200°F
- Applications: Padding, Perfect Binding (Non-Coated Stock)
- Certifications: N/A
- Shipping Method: UPS
Hello! I’m Dan Guzman and this is the Standard Horizon BQ-160 Perfect Binder. The Standard BQ-160 Perfect Binder can also serve as a padder and a tape binder. The basic operation – insert the book block, press the clamp button, and start the process. The book goes over the notching station, notches it one time, waits for the operator to place the cover on to the cover table, and then restart the process, whereby it notches the book block a second time, applies the glue, then applies the cover. When the cover has set up long enough, the clamp automatically opens to drop the book, then the book slide out for a nice, perfectly bound squared edge. A couple of the features of the BQ-160 is the operator chooses what mode they’re going to be binding in, whether it’s perfect binding, tape binding, or padding. Padding will automatically shut off the notching. The operator has several adjustments for the notching, whether they want to notch in one direction or two, and more involved adjustments for the operator – clamping pressure, clamping time, clamping height, and clamping angle. The operator selects from those. The operator can also select the cover positioning. The operator is allowed to set the cover in the same place every time in how it’s set on the screen, the machine can move the book block either a quarter of an inch up or a quarter of an inch down on the cover automatically, so there’s no fiddling with the mechanical adjustments. The machine can do the work. And if you do make a parameter change for a specific job, you can go back to the defaults at any time and it returns it back to the center. When you’re changing the sizes, say were just doing a 5/8 inch thick book and now we needed to do something that is a quarter of an inch, when we select that, clamp that book in place, in gives the operator an indication that they need to change the glue thickness. The operator comes in and sets the glue thickness according to what it displays on the screen, and completes the process as normal. Again, we have a nice, perfect bound book with nice sharp square edges, cover placement is just a little bit in to the top so that on your trimming you can clean up the edges. With the production speed on this binder, of all the same size job, same thickness book, a good operator is going to average between 150-160 books per hour, realistically. If they’re doing a lot of change over, there’s a few seconds added for changing the glue size, but there’s no other adjustments that the operator has to make. This binder is capable of binding up to 1.6 inch block. Again, the glue setting. Again, nice sharp, square edges all the way through and great cover adhesion. For a padding application, the operator sets it to padding mode, minimizes the glue setting. A little too thick. The machine senses when it’s too thick to make a correct book. You can tell by the sounds that the roughening was automatically turned off, and it’s an automatic cycle. When the book block is ready and the padding mode come out of the machine, you’ll get a signal, the book drops, and now you have nice, thin application of glue and perfect tear-away pads.