Sorry, but Dahle 20514 Level 3 Cross Cut Office Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Dahle 20514 Level 3 Cross Cut Office Paper Shredder
- Shred Size: 1/8" x 1 9/16" Cross Cut - Security Level 3
- Feed Width: 10 1/4"
- Capacity: 12 / 15 Sheet Capacity
- Speed: 18 ft/min
- Motor: 1/2 Hp 115V
- Waste Bin: 16 Gal
- Weight: 71 lbs
- Dimensions: 30 1/2" x 16 3/4" x 15 1/4"
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 2 Year on Parts, and Labor
Dahle 20514 Level 3 Cross-Cut Office Paper Shredder Review
The Dahle 20514 is designed to be placed in a centralized location in you office and offer Level 3 shredding security for your sensitive documents. We took a more in depth look at the 20514 and here are some of the strengths and weaknesses of this machine as we see them.
- When you are talking about a shredder that is meant to be placed in a centralized location and see be used by many people throughout the day, you have to consider the noise factor. The 20514 addresses this by placing each cutting cylinder in its own all steel frame and putting that frame on rubber shock mounts to reduce vibration. The result is that the 20514 produces very little noise. This means that the 20514 will not pose the distraction that you see with many other shredders.
- The with a capacity of up to 15 sheets at a time, and 400 to 2,000 sheets per day, the 20514 should easily accommodate the needs of a fairly busy office.
- The feed width of 10.25 inches is great for the vast majority of shredding jobs you are likely to encounter. It should easily fit letter and legal sized sheets. Larger sheets can be shredded but will need to be folded first.
- If you are aware of the FACTA laws, (if you are not, you should be), you know that in order to comply, your company must shred certain types of confidential information on a machine that provides at least a Level 3 security rating, which the 20514 does. With a cross cut pattern of 1/8″ by 19/16″ the 20514 is compliant with those federal regulations. This not only means that you are protecting your information from prying eyes, but you are also protecting yourself from any liability that would result from your clients’ information falling into the wrong hands.
- As with all of Dahle’s paper shredders, the cutting heads of the 20514 are made of the finest German steel and are guaranteed for the life of the machine. All the rest of the 20514’s parts are guaranteed for two years.
- Confidential data comes in all sorts of forms these days, and that includes compact discs. There are an increasing number of shredders out there than can handle digital media, but the 20514 is not one of them. If that is a capability that you think you might need on a regular basis, you may have to take a look some of the machines in Dalhe’s Multi Media line such as the 30406.
- The motor of the 20514 is one half HP, which is not as powerful as some of the other machines out there. That should be fine for the workload for which the 20514 is intended. Still, you do need to be aware that while this machine is fine for relatively heavy use, it is not a machine that is rated for continuous use, and you will have to be aware of its limits to avoid overheating.
- We thought that the bin size was perhaps a little small for a centralized office machine, and you might find yourself needing to empty it more often than you would like. Not a big deal, just something to consider.