Sorry, but Dahle 30434 Level 6 Cross Cut High Security Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Dahle 30434 Level 6 Cross Cut High Security Paper Shredder
- Chain driven providing slip free power
- Automatic Oiler Ready- Just buy, attach, and fill
- Fully Automatic
- Shred Size: 1mm x 4.7mm Cross Cut
- Security Level: 6
- Feed Width: 12"
- Capacity: 7 / 9 Sheet Capacity
- Speed: 30 ft/min
- Motor: 1 1/4 Hp 115V
- Waste Volume: 19.5 Gal
- Weight: 128 lbs
- Dimensions: 35" x 20 3/4" x 19 1/4"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 2 Year on Parts, and Labor
Dahle 30434 Level 6 Cross Cut High Security Paper Shredder Review
Offering the highest level of paper-shredding security, the Dahle 30434 is rated for use by government agencies and their contractors. We took a look recently at the 30434 and put together a list of what we consider to be its strengths and weaknesses.
- The 30434 is a Level 6 security shredder meaning that it is approved by the National Security Agency for the shredding of top secret documents. This level of security is what is required for the military and other government agencies and research organizations (as well as some of the businesses contracted by them), and may be a bit of overkill for the average private sector business. Still, if you need this level of security, the 30434 shreds paper into impressively tiny 1mm by 4.7mm bits (or 15,000 particles per page), and you may rest assured that once a document has been put through this shredder there is no chance it will ever be read again.
- The 30434's cutting system is one of the most effective and durable on the market. Dahle mills its cutting shafts out of a single bar of German steel, meaning that they are perfectly matched and will not flex. The cutting heads are operated by a gear and chain system which virtually eliminates the slipping that can lead to paper jams.
- The feed width of 12 inches will easily accommodate letter and legal sized papers which are by far the most common sheet sizes. This will get you through the huge majority of shredding jobs.
- The state of the art controls make operating the 30434 a very simple process. You can choose between auto on and off, continuous run, and reverse. The machine will also turn itself off if the cabinet door is open or if the shred bag needs to be emptied, and there is an auto reverse function in case of a paper overfeed.
- The 30434 is a well designed machine as well. The shred bin holds an impressive 35 gallons of waste, and with particles so small, you will find that you have to empty it much less often than other types of shredders. As far as aesthetics go, we think that this is one of the better looking office machines out there, for those of you who are concerned about such things.
- In the world of shredders, you will often find that the higher security level a machine offers, the lower its sheet capacity is likely to be. That is simply one of the tradeoffs. While the 30434's stated capacity of 12 sheets at a time is not bad for a Level 6 machine, if you are a private business that is simply looking to comply with federal laws regarding the destruction of documents containing the personal and confidential information of your clients and employees, you can accomplish that with a Level 3, 4, or 5 machine. Those systems will offer better capacities for less money.
- Because the cutting heads are only guaranteed for one year (most of Dahle's other machines guarantee them for life), you will want to make sure you oil them on a regular basis, and may want to avoid putting anything but paper though the cutters.