Sorry, but Dahle 858 Premium 700 Sheet 18.5" Stack Cutter is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Dahle 858 Premium 700 Sheet 18.5" Stack Cutter
- 700 sheet cutting capacity / 18 1/2" cut length
- Automatic Cutting System holds paper securely, and cuts through material with a single downward movement of the cutting handle
- Laser guide ensures accuracy on every cut
- Ergonomically correct handle reduces fatigue
- Electronic display verifies each step of the cutting process
- Automatic paper clamp holds work securely and evenly across the entire cutting surface
- Built in safety covers prevent accidental injury
- Ground upper blade made of Solingen steel
- Spindle driven, self-locking backstop
- Scale bar printed in inches and centimeters
- Spring action cutting block allows for easy rotation
- Sturdy metal base for extreme durability
- Shown on optional floor stand
- Stands provide proper height and leverage for ease of cutting
- Part Number: 858
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC Code: 76769858008
Dahle 858 Premium Stack Cutter Review
Are you looking for a device that can cut hundreds of sheets of paper in what seems like the blink of an eye? If you are, you'll want to learn all about the strengths and weaknesses of the Dahle 858 Premium Stack Cutter. Here they are....
The 858 has an impressive cutting capacity. This device can cut up to 700 sheets of paper at once. That's almost 1.5 reams of paper. You'll definitely be able to get your cutting done in no time no matter how big the job is.
This device can cut paper that's up to 18.5 inches long, including tabloid-sized sheets that are 11" x 17". You'll also be able to trim legal-sized paper (8.5" x 14") without any difficulties.
Using this trimmer is very easy because it's equipped with Dahle's Automatic Cutting System. This feature securely holds the paper in place and slices through it with one motion when you lower the ergonomically correct handle. It couldn't be easier.
The 858 is unlike some other cutters because it has a laser guide that will show you where you'll be cutting. This will allow you to make any necessary adjustments before you trim your paper. There's also an electronic display that will help you gauge where you are in the process. If you need to measure your paper, there are metric and standard rulers to help you out.
One of the best things about this cutter is that it is solidly built. It's made out of metal, making it very durable. Solingen steel, one of the best metals available, was used to make the upper blade. All together, this is one cutter you can get a lot of use out of.
The 858 is safe to use thanks to a cover that prevents your hands from touching the blade. Also, the blade won't move unless the cover is closed so you'll never really need to worry about getting injured.
This cutter is covered by a lifetime warranty.
The 858 works best with a stand because it allows you to get the right leverage for the cut you need. Dahle manufactures such a stand but it's sold separately. Thus, you'll need to shell out some additional cash if you want it.
This cutter is large and it will take up a lot of room whether you use the stand or not. It measures 47" x 31.5" and the handle sticks out a fair bit, so it's definitely not a good choice if you have limited amount of space.
The Dahle 858 Premium Stack Cutter would be a good choice if you're in need of a device that can quickly cut a lot of paper. You'll be able to cut up to 700 sheets at a time and the trimmer's numerous features really make things fast and easy. It's just disappointing that the stand is sold separately, especially since it seems as though it's needed to get the most out of the device. Nonetheless, the 858 is a solid product and one that's well worth a look.