|Dahle 9" x 12" Vantage Blue Self-Healing Cutting Mat - 10690||Item Number : 10690||Price : |
Your Price: $6.04
You Save: 49%
|Dahle 12" x 18" Vantage Blue Self-Healing Cutting Mat - 10691||Item Number : 10691||Price : |
Your Price: $5.95
You Save: 69%
|Dahle 18" x 24" Vantage Blue Self-Healing Cutting Mat - 10692||Item Number : 10692||Price : |
Your Price: $12.34
You Save: 65%
|Dahle 24" x 36" Vantage Blue Self-Healing Cutting Mat - 10693||Item Number : 10693||Price : |
Your Price: $20.74
You Save: 65%
|Dahle 36" x 48" Vantage Blue Self-Healing Cutting Mat - 10694||Item Number : 10694||Price : |
Your Price: $41.85
You Save: 65%
- Self-healing properties allow for maximum durability
- 1/8" (3mm) thickness protects work surfaces from being damaged
- 5 layer construction provides maximum healing capabilities
- Material protects blade from becoming dull
- Pre-printed 1/2" grid for easy sizing of paper
- Self Healing: Yes
- Thickness: 1/8" (3mm) / 5 Layers
- Angle Lines: Yes
- Color: Blue
These are Dahle Vantage Self-Healing Cutting Mats!
Whether you’re using straight blades or rolling trimmers, cutting mats protect other surfaces and keep your blades from dulling as quickly.
These Dahle mats have inch measurements—turn it around and now it uses centimeters!
The grid pattern is half inch increments.
There are a few guide lines for common angles as well.
And now feast your eyes on the flexibility of these mats.
With the solid colors, one side has measurements and grids, but the other side is just flat—still usable though.
But with the clear, you can see the grid on both sides, which if you think about it, may double the lifetime use of the mat if you want to use it that way.
There is 5 layers a materials, which is suppose to help the plastic self-heal.
And further with the clear mat you can easily see under it, which could serve helpful purposes.
Other customers have found effective results using a rolling trimmer with these mats, but they effectively work with any type of blade.
The Pros and Cons of Dahle Vantage Cutting Mats
Dahle is a very well-regarded manufacturer of office machines and supplies, and they also make a lot of crafting tools that can be very handy, including their Vantage mats. Cutting mats are a must-have supply if you use a straight edge and cutting tool to create create greeting cards and scrapbook pages, or crop a lot of photographs and trim laminated items. If you use a cutting mat on a regular basis, you should definitely consider getting a Dahle Vantage cutting mat. These are very high-quality mats that are self-healing so not only will they protect your work surface, you can enjoy having a mat that will be able to be used for a long time. To find out about the pros of these cutting mats – plus a couple of cons – keep on reading.
- These mats are self-healing so they can be used repeatedly. Each mat has five layers of PVC that make it possible for the mat to heal itself and look brand new, even after it’s been used many times. The PVC also helps prevent the blade of your knife from becoming too dull.
- Dahle Vantage self-healing mats are 1/8″ thick, so they’re thin enough so they won’t take up a lot of space, yet they’re thick enough to protect your work surface.
- Each mat is preprinted with a grid so you can easily measure your item and determine where you need to cut. The grid lines are spaced a half-inch apart and each grid contains both metric and standard units of measurement.
- The self-healing cutting mats are available in five different sizes: 9″ x 12″, 12″ x 18″, 18″ x 24″, 24″ x 36″, and 36″ x 48″. They’re also available in three different colors: black, blue, and translucent. The clear cutting mats are the only ones of this type currently available from any manufacturer.
- Each mat is double-sided meaning it can be used no matter what side is facing up.
- Dahle Vantage self-healing cutting mats are very affordable with the smallest mat retailing for $10.95. This makes them affordable for anyone who needs a high-quality cutting mat.
- Although the crystal-clear cutting mats look great, they’re only available in four sizes instead of five. The sizes available are 9″ x 12″, 12″ x 18″, 18″ x 24″, and 24″ x 36″. If you need a mat that measures 36″ x 48″, you’ll have to choose between the black and blue mats.
- Dahle sells these mats as-is. You will have to provide your own straight edge and cutting tool. Not a huge deal. Just something to remember.
It’s evident that Dahle Vantage mats have more positive aspects than negative ones. It is hard to go wrong with a cutting surface that’s so affordable, easy to use, and can not only protect your table or desk, but keep your knife’s blade from getting dull. The next time you buy a desktop cutting surface, you should definitely consider a Dahle Vantage mat.